?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

screenexile

greenlight

In the next life, I hope I have the confidence of Peter Doherty continually applying for the Derry vacancy.

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: screenexile on August 27, 2019, 04:21:58 PM
Johnny's out!

That's all your fault Rawhide and Joe won't be a bit happy with you 😄

theticklemister

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 27, 2019, 03:17:40 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on August 27, 2019, 02:28:47 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on August 27, 2019, 02:11:10 PM
Does anyone have a full list of nominations?
I wouldn't be against any of the names I've seen mentioned in the last few posts.
We are a div3 side and are not going to get a div1 manager as a result.
Sean Mcgoldrick isn't a bad option. Would have some knowledge of the club scene in Derry and might be the type of man who can galvanise a squad.
Has over achieved probably with Coleraine so who knows what he could do with a county team.

Four

-Gallagher

-Mickey Donnelly

-Johnny McBride

-Peter Doherty/Sean's mcGoldrick

Cheers Tickle.
All very different managers and all with their pro's and cons in terms of experience or lack of.
For me, a toss up between Gallagher and McGoldrick.
We need to be hard to beat before anything else, and I think both managers would make defence and possession a priority.
Gallagher has it on experience, but McGoldrick I think would get a lot of respect from the players within the county.
Tough call.

back of the CDP this morn there.

Will it ever end

It would appear that Rory Gallagher has been teased out as part of this extended selection process - which would lead you to believe that there is support from those who requested the process to be extended... clubs can't really argue if that is the case as they've been asked to be involved in the process.

Also not sure where that would leave Mickey Donnelly after he's spoken of a gentleman's agreement with Brian McIvor to take the senior job once Damian stood down.

Birlit

He pulled his name out as it was a done deal that Gallaghers going to get the job. Clubs put the name of Johnny, Peter/sean and Donnelly. Gallaghers name for put forward by the men that's appointing the next manager!! Clubs wasted their feckin time going up and thinking they were going to be listened to. It's a waste of time for the club nominated men going up for a interview that the deal already has been done by BMcI.
Clubs should be up in arms about the way they are still being ignored. Up to Owenbeg, shout the roof down the first night, fed shit the next night, fill out without a word and the same outfit left to run derry football into the ground.
Gallaghers has experience alright. A maverick more like. What's wrong with giving one of our own a go.

Will it ever end

Quote from: Birlit on August 27, 2019, 07:05:34 PM
He pulled his name out as it was a done deal that Gallaghers going to get the job. Clubs put the name of Johnny, Peter/sean and Donnelly. Gallaghers name for put forward by the men that's appointing the next manager!! Clubs wasted their feckin time going up and thinking they were going to be listened to. It's a waste of time for the club nominated men going up for a interview that the deal already has been done by BMcI.
Clubs should be up in arms about the way they are still being ignored. Up to Owenbeg, shout the roof down the first night, fed shit the next night, fill out without a word and the same outfit left to run derry football into the ground.
Gallaghers has experience alright. A maverick more like. What's wrong with giving one of our own a go.

Has that been confirmed that Mickey Donnelly has withdrawn? Hadn't seen it reported?

Also if B McI has selected Rory Gallagher would that not leave him in an awkward position after doing the same with Mickey Donnelly?

I understood that all clubs had bought into the panel taking the lead & that was derived from the fact there was a sense those names initially proposed didn't whet the appetite ... sounds like a tough scenario to please everyone or even anyone!

uimhr ocht

[giving one of our own ago]paddy crozier,damien cassidy,damien barton,damien mc erlain,mickey moran,i think we have gave plenty of our own a chance,brian mullins last manager outside derry to win an ulster title 1998,i think if true gallagher is the most experienced for the job.

greenlight

Any truth in the rumour Enda Gormley wanted support to apply at the last minute with Mickey Moran as mentor, but he couldn't get the buy in from Glen?

Birlit

In my option it is totally wrong for one man to run round promising the same job to Donnelly a few years back when Mc Erlain finished and to another outside man now in Gallagher. How is it a fair process if the deciding committee picking is endorsing a candidate application along with 3 others that the ignored clubs have suggested.
This man has been at the helm of Derry's demise in the last six years. In any other walk of life , should he be allowed to stay trying to sink our ship.

greenlight

Quote from: Birlit on August 27, 2019, 11:11:55 PM
In my option it is totally wrong for one man to run round promising the same job to Donnelly a few years back when Mc Erlain finished and to another outside man now in Gallagher. How is it a fair process if the deciding committee picking is endorsing a candidate application along with 3 others that the ignored clubs have suggested.
This man has been at the helm of Derry's demise in the last six years. In any other walk of life , should he be allowed to stay trying to sink our ship.

Smith?

Wildweasel74

Giving one of our own a go seriously?? Personally we been doing that for 30yrs and won Ulster twice and that was only once inhouse. Gallagher took 2 teams at County senior level to 3 ulster finals in very recent yrs. He's by far the most experienced at county level out of any people in for it no matter who was promised to what. Outside of O'Rourke or Tony McAtee who are not available, I take him. Who goes with him be interesting. We play pure defensive crap for 2yrs but I take that to get bck to div 1 over 3yr period then try play fball then. Will he get the best players in the county who show it at club level and not just underage promise is another matter. If all players he will want, then make themselves available I could see this been a good move.

Josey Wales

Clubs strung along again and people wonder why there is such apathy around the Clubs towards the County setup.  The only way to turn things around was to give clubs a say but it has actually now alienated them more.  I don't expect anything less from a County board who goes down to congress and votes against motions opposite to the way clubs have instructed them to do.

Rory Gallagher - He will really get the fans flocking to watch his brand of football.

tbrick18

Quote from: greenlight on August 28, 2019, 12:03:14 AM
Quote from: Birlit on August 27, 2019, 11:11:55 PM

Smith?

I'm assuming he means McIver.
Personally, I cant see what McIver has brought to Derry. From what I hear he gets a substantial salary and in return he has overseen the demise of our county team. I'm not sure he has the ability to turn things around and if the comments about gentleman's agreements are to be believed, it sounds like he's acting on his own behalf.
If it was me, I'd let him go and re-invest his salary. Not sure how many other counties have that role in place, but its not doing us any good anyway from what I have seen.

tbrick18

Quote from: Josey Wales on August 28, 2019, 09:45:42 AM
Clubs strung along again and people wonder why there is such apathy around the Clubs towards the County setup.  The only way to turn things around was to give clubs a say but it has actually now alienated them more.  I don't expect anything less from a County board who goes down to congress and votes against motions opposite to the way clubs have instructed them to do.

Rory Gallagher - He will really get the fans flocking to watch his brand of football.

First part of what you say, I agree to a certain extent. However, some clubs would never be happy with the county setup no matter what so it's not as black and white as you say, IMO.

As for Gallagher, what ever you think of his "brand" of football, of the potentials listed, he has the most experience and been involved with an AI winning team.
I think it's funny that we get people trying to pick and choose the type of football we will play, for me the players you have and the type of football they are used to playing will dictate the type of football you play. If you don't have the attacking talent, you must make yourself hard to beat by playing defensively and countering.

How many club teams in Derry play an all out attack minded free flowing brand of football? And how many play defensively?
There's not many managers in Derry who don't play a defensive brand of football so I can't understand the comments deriding the brand of football Gallagher would bring. It would just be an extension of the club scene, IMO.