Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

muppet

MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Are these fuckwits on holidays again this week?
Whats the story with all the time off they get,should they not be making up time for all the days off they had because of the snow?
Useless f**king hoors they wouldn't know a hard days work if it hit them in the face.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 21, 2011, 04:39:29 PM
Whats the story with all the time off they get,should they not be making up time for all the days off they had because of the snow?
Useless f**king hoors they wouldn't know a hard days work if it hit them in the face.

No point in slagging them off at half 4. Sure even if they were at work they'd be gone by then.

On a serious note, I wouldn't begrudge teachers their holidays. Its pretty well accepted that children can't be taught 52 weeks a year so that isn't their teachers' fault. I don't think its an easy job at all and certainly don't envy anybody in the profession.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

This is a tough time of the year I think for teachers. I get home at four and it's too dark for golf, too cold for gardening, too early for a beer and the TV is crap. I usually just go to sleep for a couple of hours.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Off Thursday and Friday.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2011, 05:09:14 PM
This is a tough time of the year I think for teachers. I get home at four and it's too dark for golf, too cold for gardening, too early for a beer and the TV is crap. I usually just go to sleep for a couple of hours.

Agreed O'Neill. It is hard to put in the time until the rest of the world finish work. You sleep, I normally check out my Sky +. There's always some programme I can finish off watching.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Rocky Mc Guigan

People slagging off teachers don't know the half of it. They mock the holidays they get but during the summer once you go past the 12th holiday week the countdown is on to going back for a new academic year- they only get 2 weeks at Christmas and just under a fortnight at Easter and only a few days for half terms

maggie

LL-the northern fuckwits got off last week.
In scotland, they were proposing a 4day school week. I like their thinking.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Gaffer on February 21, 2011, 06:55:17 PM

Agreed O'Neill. It is hard to put in the time until the rest of the world finish work. You sleep, I normally check out my Sky +. There's always some programme I can finish off watching.

Does nobody ever get addicted to online gambling in all this spare time?

I shouldn't mock, having been reared on teachers' salaries.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Eamonnca1

I'm just seeing this thread for the first time now, haven't read it all.

My sister's a principal and I can tell you some stories about what she saw when working her way up that ladder in the comprehensive system in England.

Teaching a lesson takes a bit longer than the half hour it takes to teach it to one class.  You'll have to teach it to several classes during the day.  You have to plan the lesson ahead of time, something that can add another few hours on the night before.  Then you have to mark the homework from it, add another half hour or an hour for that.

Any time I went to visit my sister during the week she'd come home around the same time as the rest of us (teachers have all sorts of meetings to go to after the pupils have gone) and after grabbing something to eat she'd spend the rest of the evening marking homework from the day and preparing lessons for the next.  You'd be doing well if you have all that done by 9pm.

Then there's the stuff you have to put up with during the day. Imagine you're put in charge of a room of 30 adolescents, maybe three of them want to work, half of them aren't terribly fussed, and then another three of them who are borderline psychotic and violent.  One of them disrupts your nicely planned lesson, you have to discipline him without laying a finger on him, and keep the rest of the class under control without screaming at the top of your lungs (because that would be a sure sign that you've lost it).  You put him outside the room and he's making gorilla noises, beating his chest and throwing himself up against the door, and half the class is laughing at him instead of learning.*  What do you do now, hmm? How would you deal with it? "Kick the crap out of him?" If you want to get fired, do time, and never work as a teacher again, go right ahead.

Seriously lads, do you think you could do it?

And then you get up and do it all again the following day.  I'll tell you one thing, if I had to do that I'd make sure I had all the holidays I could take.  You're basically working from 8am to 9pm in a stressful job five days a week.  Just because you're working at home doesn't mean it's not work.  Sure plenty of people in the private sector 'telecommute' by working remotely from a home office.  Are they not really working because they happen to be based at home?

But then what do I know? 

I'll tell you what.  If teaching's such a handy number and so well paid, why don't youse all become teachers?  Sure if it's just "babysitting" as someone called it and only worth minimum wage then it can't be that important, eh?  Churning out the next generation and being the deciding factor in whether or not someone turns out a criminal or a productive member of society, sure how could anyone consider that an important job? "Education?" Ha! Who needs it?

::)

*Based on actual events and fairly typical in some schools.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 21, 2011, 07:22:13 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on February 21, 2011, 06:55:17 PM

Does nobody ever get addicted to online gambling in all this spare time?

I shouldn't mock, having been reared on teachers' salaries.

I knew there was some reason  :) I thought you were riding one first though.
O'Neills a teacher ??? Really?...Never knew that but it does explain a lot now that I think about it.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Who said that? I just get home the same time as them.

(Should be O'Neill's a teacher)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Could be worse you could call out a f**king useless electrician to do a simple job & charge you a ridiculous price for crappy job.

Then if you were to call them back to correct the crappy job... they will gone on some sunshine hoilday with the missus & won't be back for weeks.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on February 21, 2011, 08:11:51 PM

Could be worse you could call out a f**king useless electrician to do a simple job & charge you a ridiculous price for crappy job.

Then if you were to call them back to correct the crappy job... they will gone on some sunshine hoilday with the missus & won't be back for weeks.

Wrong thread ross..
This is the correct one
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=3077.0
You'll Never Walk Alone.