Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold tea

Quote from: laoislad on February 08, 2014, 05:18:41 PM
Quote from: Rois on February 08, 2014, 05:15:49 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 08, 2014, 12:40:59 PM

If I had a gripe about the profession, it would be the attitude of trainee teachers. There seems to be a lack of willingness to really embrace the job and go all out to impress prospective employers by working damn hard. Maybe that's the same everywhere. Young'uns nowadays.

It's the same in our place.

It's the same everywhere. I've had apprentices that just didn't give a shite.
I would have gotten a kick up the hole if I was at that craic,from my boss and from my aul fella.

And in all these situations do these young un's get extra salary / reward for going above and beyond and busting their hole.  I think fair play to this generation you work to live, gone are the days where people will be treated as mugs and work for nothing, fair play to them - wish i had the balls when I was younger to say it's 5pm I am away home to my life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Cold tea on February 09, 2014, 10:07:28 AM

If I had a gripe about the profession, it would be the attitude of trainee teachers. There seems to be a lack of willingness to really embrace the job and go all out to impress prospective employers by working damn hard. Maybe that's the same everywhere. Young'uns nowadays.

I would have gotten a kick up the hole if I was at that craic,from my boss and from my aul fella.

And in all these situations do these young un's get extra salary / reward for going above and beyond and busting their hole.  I think fair play to this generation you work to live, gone are the days where people will be treated as mugs and work for nothing, fair play to them - wish i had the balls when I was younger to say it's 5pm I am away home to my life.
I think you have missed the point (not for the first time). It is what they do, or don't do, between 9 and 5 is part of the issue.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2014, 11:08:23 AM
FFS listen to yourselves. You lads are only 40 too. Grumble grumble.
Fcuk up you, I'm still in my thirties  ;D

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

That would be a good way to end every film. Even Titanic or ET.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rois

Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2014, 11:34:34 AM

Rois, what fcukin age are you?? I thought you were in the younger generation of your profession?

;D you're dead right HS.

It was class having parents who were teachers in the summer time. Neither swung the lead though!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 09, 2014, 10:56:46 AM
Quote from: Cold tea on February 09, 2014, 10:07:28 AM

I think you have missed the point (not for the first time). It is what they do, or don't do, between 9 and 5 is part of the issue.

People not pulling their weight during working hours really pisses me off.     I also find it a bit irksome that some people timewatch and are ready to head for the door bang on finishing while others will continue to work to help colleagues and service users/clients/customers (pick approp) or even complete tasks the person in a rush to leave should of done.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2014, 04:02:42 PM
Oh, you stayed behind to do someone else's work- have a gold star. Remember, folks, 10 gold stars in 1 month and your boss will treat you to coffee!

I must be a few stars off a coffee plantation at this stage. Lazy bastids, with their "I have children at home", should have kept their legs crossed imo.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Milltown Row2

I've never heard so much f**king winging about holidays teachers get, god only knows why thon Mayo twit keeps asking his friends about teaching then comes on here asking same f**king questions!!

First question, do you have friends?

Second question, do you suffer from Alzheimer's?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

QuoteSecond question, do you suffer from Alzheimer's?

Can anyone give a convincing answer to that one?

However, I suspect second level schools could squeeze in an extra week or so.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

take_yer_points

Quote from: armaghniac on February 09, 2014, 07:28:45 PM
QuoteSecond question, do you suffer from Alzheimer's?

Can anyone give a convincing answer to that one?

Maybe if they squeezed an extra week in they'd be ready for the inspections they get.

ONeill

Yis miserable, self-applauding shower of bastids!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Just because you want teachers to be seen to be working for their wage doesn't mean children should be made to suffer them for an extra week.
You can demand that the teachers do community service instead, anything, but leave the kids out of it.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rois on February 09, 2014, 03:20:27 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2014, 11:34:34 AM

Rois, what fcukin age are you?? I thought you were in the younger generation of your profession?

;D you're dead right HS.

It was class having parents who were teachers in the summer time. Neither swung the lead though!

I'm younger than Rois...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on February 09, 2014, 10:12:04 PM

Just because you want teachers to be seen to be working for their wage doesn't mean children should be made to suffer them for an extra week.
You can demand that the teachers do community service instead, anything, but leave the kids out of it.

No, I'd make the kids do it too. Young people today are often ignorant.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B