Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on June 23, 2013, 10:16:10 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2013, 05:46:08 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on June 23, 2013, 04:46:23 PM
One more week! Anyone ever do a masters? I'm starting one next week in St Mary's and I am completely dreading it.
About 99% of people I know that have done a Masters (me included), would claim it was a waste of time and expense in relation to improving employability. Typically used to waste a year.

This is my fear that it will be a waste of time. I have a module to do this summer, one in jan 14, one next summer and then a full year to complete the dissertation. It's in Ed Management adn School Organisation. My principal said I would see the benefits from it when I am looking to apply for management roles in schools. I am dreading it but I dont have children at the minute so it is probably the best time to do it.
The missus says yes it will be worth it for school mgt posts so better doing it now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on June 23, 2013, 10:38:08 PM
I think the late, great SaffronSam2 once referred to "greasey pole climbers".
;D. Fcukin stu.

scoopmine

I'm about to start the PDE in Trinity in August. Hope to join all the rest of these teachers!

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2013, 10:36:04 PM
One more week! Anyone ever do a masters? I'm starting one next week in St Mary's and I am completely dreading it.
About 99% of people I know that have done a Masters (me included), would claim it was a waste of time and expense in relation to improving employability. Typically used to waste a year.

This is my fear that it will be a waste of time. I have a module to do this summer, one in jan 14, one next summer and then a full year to complete the dissertation. It's in Ed Management adn School Organisation. My principal said I would see the benefits from it when I am looking to apply for management roles in schools. I am dreading it but I dont have children at the minute so it is probably the best time to do it.
The missus says yes it will be worth it for school mgt posts so better doing it now.

School management posts are fast becoming not worth the effort

Too much paperwork involved

Teachers in the North are giving them up

They amount to about an extra £7 per day
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

It s not an extra 2500 per annul.

Orior

Quote from: Gaffer on June 24, 2013, 12:32:29 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2013, 10:36:04 PM

School management posts are fast becoming not worth the effort

Too much paperwork involved

Teachers in the North are giving them up

They amount to about an extra £7 per day

Add to that list vindicative stupid lying principals backed up by a spineless board of governors.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Estimator

Quote from: Gaffer on June 24, 2013, 07:04:27 AM
It s not an extra 2500 per annul.

Teaching Allowances start at £1,847 for TA1 and move up to TA5: £11,911
Ulster League Champions 2009

Dougal Maguire

I'd advise the ordinary folk to stay in tonight and not be going to the boozer as the place will be full of teachers on their end of year bash. They won't have been out since Christmas so they'll have a fierce thirst on them. Be bored to tears as you watch them take up kitties every 30 minutes cos the cnuts are too mean to put in anything more that a fiver a time. Laugh your arse off as before they leave they ask the bar men to bottle the drink they haven't drunk, cos they were too mean to miss a round being bought with the kitty regardless of what they had in front of them.  The only plus is that they'll all be gone by 11 as they'll be up early to catch the last boat to France before the summer fares kick in
Careful now

Gaffer

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on June 28, 2013, 04:08:19 PM
I'd advise the ordinary folk to stay in tonight and not be going to the boozer as the place will be full of teachers on their end of year bash. They won't have been out since Christmas so they'll have a fierce thirst on them. Be bored to tears as you watch them take up kitties every 30 minutes cos the cnuts are too mean to put in anything more that a fiver a time. Laugh your arse off as before they leave they ask the bar men to bottle the drink they haven't drunk, cos they were too mean to miss a round being bought with the kitty regardless of what they had in front of them.  The only plus is that they'll all be gone by 11 as they'll be up early to catch the last boat to France before the summer fares kick in

Stay you at home then!

Farrandeelin

Great feeling to have the holidays today all right. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

Lads im supply teaching in England at minute and with Key Portfolio umbrella group. They take about 30-40 quid a week from my wages for  a handling fee and NIC but on the plus side all my expenses are tax free. However as my schools are quite close i dont have much expenses. Im losing money. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Can you stop using an Umbrela company?

supersarsfields

Work in recruitment and we have used umbrella companies in the past for payruns. But to be honest they're more benefit to the agency than to the candidate, as the agency saves more money by ofsetting some of the expenses. They're a legal loophole and I'd be fairly confident that they'll be gone in a few years. The government are already tighting the noose. (We had to change companies last year as the one we were with was closed overnight!)
If your working through an agency you might be able to request to withdraw from the umbrella company and get paid direct from the agency. We offer both opportunities to candidates. But I know some agencies only offer the umbrella option so that might not be possible.

theticklemister

They are a bunch of cowboys Ted!

supersarsfields

Yip, the ones I've dealt with are complete gangsters. You'd need to watch every payslip, and keep an eye on your holiday entitlements.