How old are you?

Started by 5 Sams, August 13, 2015, 10:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

I felt old for the first time when I found myself telling the sales support at the apple store "This is what's wrong with the world today" when they were trying to sell me a $100 care package for a $400 phone. Few weeks later I said the same thing to the fella who was trying to sell me a warranty on $2,000 worth of washer and dryer. Can no one stand behind a product any more?

southdown

31, going to an 18th birthday tonight and will feel like a Granda.

ONeill

When there's a young lad sitting in yer class selling fags to his friend, and you taught his da too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Santino

Quote from: southdown on August 14, 2015, 03:29:25 PM

Tell me about it. 34 and have to plan my girlfriends 21st next month.

Milltown Row2

When in the changing room and the players are 25 years younger than you!! Boots hung up after that season..... Oh and you've more fights against the opposing players cause you're a grumpy cnut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oraisteach

First felt older when I taught high schoolers whose parents I had taught.

Tiocfaidh Ned

Quote from: Hardy on August 14, 2015, 10:00:10 AM
In my head - 29. On the calendar - who cares? You can't avoid getting older - just don't get "old".

And, for a final cliché - getting older is preferable to the alternative.

Closer now to fifty than forty, but in my mind I'll always be 29, the barber doesn't even ask about the eyebrows now, though the wife looks after the ears, but I was in M&S recently and looked at one of the shirts and thought, hmmm thats not bad. I came to my senses and put it back pronto, but like the day I got my first grey hair, things are definitely changing.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

BarryBreensBandage

The Stone Roses album was released 26 years ago.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

StGallsGAA

Interesting post.  I always compared my age to footballers.. soccer and gaa players in several phases. I'm sure some of you can relate to this

1st phase. -  as a kid / adolescent all players were Giants 😳

2nd phase - you realise some players are young enough to have been at school at the same time you were!😀

3rd phase - you checked the match programme to see if any players were born in the same year as you!😀

4th phase - you checked the programme hopefully to see if there might be any player, even a sub, that was as old as you!😔

5th phase - you worryingly checked the programme to see the no of players that you were old enough to be their father😔

6th phase - you notice from the programme that some of the players were born in the year you started / left uni😞

7th phase - even the retiring players look like young lads to you.😣

8th phase - re-start from 2nd phase above and instead make the comparisons or look forward to making the comparisons with your own son......😊😀

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

When I go back up home and all the wains I remember are in the pub when in my head they are about 6  :-\

stiffler

When Boys the same age as Ya retire from inter county for being 'past their prime'.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

southdown

Quote from: Santino on August 14, 2015, 05:01:18 PM
Quote from: southdown on August 14, 2015, 03:29:25 PM

Tell me about it. 34 and have to plan my girlfriends 21st next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEl5RvbGdik