journalists trying to influence/lobby rule makers and disciplinary procedures.

Started by rrhf, August 11, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 14, 2015, 12:14:53 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 11:57:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 11:39:42 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 11:36:50 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 11:35:50 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 11:28:38 PM
Your last paragraph Fintona, I couldnt help thinking was that what happened with the weans from Ashfield gardens when they went to St Lawrence's?

Apart from that very good and rational, I dont buy into that BS tho when it comes to football, as competitive sport is as an irrational thing as there is goin.

So I believe in going clean mad when we're wronged, any good ideas for turning this around to blame Kerry? I can see the feckers sitting in the corner sniggering away at the whole thing.

I am glad you are finally beginning to see sense.  ;D

Who rattled your cage again?

Don't mind me, keep a close eye on the corner you mentioned.

Let us know what you see or hear.

BTW, where exactly is this corner?

I presume that you have now seen Hughes intent after my explanation then?

What was his intent?

You now seem to be focused on this 'bounce' of the fist off the shoulder. How often do you see fists bounce back from their targets?

Serious question btw. I am open minded on this.

His intent was to pull his hair with considerable force. The hair slipped thru his fingers due to gel (maybe), sweat (probably), and Tiernan pulling his head away (definitely).  Hughes wasnt expecting this to happen so he couldnt control his arm in time and it bounced off the shoulder. He wasnt intending to punch his shoulder.

Look at it with an open mind that's all I ask.

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2015, 12:25:13 AM
His intent was to pull his hair with considerable force. The hair slipped thru his fingers due to gel (maybe), sweat (probably), and Tiernan pulling his head away (definitely).  Hughes wasnt expecting this to happen so he couldnt control his arm in time and it bounced off the shoulder. He wasnt intending to punch his shoulder.

Ok.

So the intent was to pull his hair and that didn't work out for whatever reason. What happened next was contact with the shoulder which wasn't the intention?
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 14, 2015, 12:30:47 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2015, 12:25:13 AM

Ok.

So the intent was to pull his hair and that didn't work out for whatever reason. What happened next was contact with the shoulder which wasn't the intention?

Correct

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 14, 2015, 12:01:35 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 11:28:38 PM
Your last paragraph Fintona, I couldnt help thinking was that what happened with the weans from Ashfield gardens when they went to St Lawrence's?
When I was a wee boy at St. Lawrence's, Ashfield was a young place then and not that shabby with soccer pitch, playground etc. and good open spaces. Today, the majority of residents there are dead on, it's just a shame that a few have to spoil it for others there and beyond.

I wasn't havent a dig, I like the Holy city of Fintona and agree that its a few morons causing the problem. The great thing about Fintona is that there was always great craic about it and u never had to worry about a row erupting and never even the slightest hint of sectarianism. Bernie Kelly is a slabber too! 
Go Fintona!

LeoMc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 13, 2015, 06:53:03 PM
Anyone remember the spoof documentary series on Channel 4 in the 90's called Brass Eye?

Much of what is on this thread and a few others is showing up why satire is slowly dying.
It warned us of the danger of Cake long before the Sunday game came along.

BennyHarp

Quote from: LeoMc on August 14, 2015, 07:52:28 AM
Anyone remember the spoof documentary series on Channel 4 in the 90's called Brass Eye?

Much of what is on this thread and a few others is showing up why satire is slowly dying.

;D
That was never a square ball!!

macdanger2

Jesus, the board has gone to f*ck!!

If this had been kept in the Tyrone v Monaghan thread, we'd be closing in on 100 pages FFS. No thread discipline on the board anymore

deiseach

As this thread gets ever more farcical, and bearing in mind the furore over Maurice Shanahan after our recent game against Dublin, I'm having a proper Martin Prince moment here:

Pub Bore

Quote from: LeoMc on August 14, 2015, 07:52:28 AM

Surely we're not too far away from "Youth Hostelling with Pat Spillane" and/or "Monkey Hurling"

deiseach

Quote from: Pub Bore on August 14, 2015, 09:25:15 AM
Surely we're not to far away from "Youth Hostelling with Pat Spillane" and/or "Monkey Hurling"

We can have Celebrity Deathmatch between Spillane and Chris Eubank over who gets the Youth Hostelling gig. Try not to lead with your chin, Pat!

AhNowRef

Quote from: stew on August 13, 2015, 05:31:26 PM
Tyrone are reviled throughout the Country and beyond, their leader has let this shit go on since the start of his tenure and I loathe him for it!

Na, I think you'll find you loath him & Tyrone because you only have 1 AI .. and you think you shoulda had more .. only for them pesky Tyronies .. You're as bitter as a ten hour Guinness!

rrhf

Despite Colm O'Rourkes pleas that they are not patsys for a state broadcaster agenda, I think there are still more questions than answers about the way they conduct themselves as analysts and the result of the sum of the parts leaves a very skewed picture in the eyes of many leaving them open to criticism that:
RTE coverage is negative against Tyrone
RTE coverage is negative against Northern GAA teams who progress
RTE coverage is negative against the GAA as a whole when compared to their approach to other sports.
On a sidenote it is interesting to see O Rourke step out of the shadows of his peers and make his voice heard after years taking the back seat.   The last time he done this though he made a total hames of it too and ending up eating a straw hat.. Fair play to Eamon Sweeney in yesterdays indo who brought a balanced argument to the table. 

Armamike

Quote from: rrhf on August 17, 2015, 08:45:38 AM
Despite Colm O'Rourkes pleas that they are not patsys for a state broadcaster agenda, I think there are still more questions than answers about the way they conduct themselves as analysts and the result of the sum of the parts leaves a very skewed picture in the eyes of many leaving them open to criticism that:
RTE coverage is negative against the GAA as a whole when compared to their approach to other sports.
On a sidenote it is interesting to see O Rourke step out of the shadows of his peers and make his voice heard after years taking the back seat.   The last time he done this though he made a total hames of it too and ending up eating a straw hat.. Fair play to Eamon Sweeney in yesterdays indo who brought a balanced argument to the table.

A first for Eamon!
That's just, like your opinion man.

rionach 4

I take it this is the same Eamonn Sweeney that wrote the most vitriolic piece I ever read on the Armagh football team after the replay of the 2005 Ulster championship final.  For the record it was called' Armagh's dark side revealed" . Balanced is hardly a word I would associate with Eamonn Sweeney.

ziggysego

Fair play to Eamon Sweeney in yesterdays indo who brought a balanced argument to the table.

Have you a link for that?
Testing Accessibility