journalists trying to influence/lobby rule makers and disciplinary procedures.

Started by rrhf, August 11, 2015, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I wouldn't have thought it was possible, given some of the tulips around here, that one person could take such a commanding lead in the race for board idiot.

Where's Fearon when you need him?

Gabriel_Hurl

stealing shite jokes from Twitter and passing them off as his own on here

screenexile

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 09:49:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 09:34:27 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 07:37:35 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 07:30:28 PM
A caress? How would it be a caress with his fist clenched and using enough force to bounce of Tiernan's shoulder?

Tiernan's movement is a reaction to the force being used, his momentum took him over

Fist clenched?

Try this.

Make a fist.

Try to grab some hair, pick up a phone, or pick your nose with your fist.

Please remember to unclench your fist before you type how you got on.

He clenched his fist while it was on Tiernan's hair and then he pulled down with his fist clenched, the force of which was enough for his arm to bounce of Tiernan's shoulder.

Why didn't McCann's head move in the direction of the clenched fist that was supposed to be pulling the hair?

And as for the pat on the shoulder. That shoulder of McCann's came up after it was touched. More interesting is the sly kick as he fell. That is the only obvious illegal contact I can see.

Cos he felt his hair being grabbed and moved it the other way?

Pats on the shoulder generally dont have enuff force to bounce off. His arm is clearly moving way faster than the shoulder was moving towards it, highly dubious if his shoulder was moving upwards at all.

Any reasonable person looking with a fair eye could only conclude that there was seriously intend by Hughes to give McCann an almighty tug by the hair.

Have you finally moved away from the leg sweep defence you were peddling during the week??

Maybe by next week you'll see it was a dive... Once the siege mentality lifts!!

Hardy

Em no, it's not. You've heard of the idea of the lesser of two evils?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 13, 2015, 07:18:10 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 13, 2015, 06:57:38 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 13, 2015, 06:53:03 PM
Anyone remember the spoof documentary series on Channel 4 in the 90's called Brass Eye?

Much of what is on this thread and a few others is showing up why satire is slowly dying.

Watch Last Week Tonight and tell me satire is dying.
Aren't you the idiot whom during the delay at half time in the All-Ireland U21 football final jumped on to your keyboard to claim the Tyrone management were playing mind games with Tipperary when you actually had no idea what was going on at the time? You're Exhibit A of gullible fools falling for bogeymen, so slide along.

Oh did he now? He seems like a very snide and bitter coward alright. The inferiority complex he has built up with Northern teams glows with him and the yellow jersey suits.

omaghjoe

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2015, 09:56:43 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2015, 09:54:11 PM
I wouldn't have thought it was possible, given some of the tulips around here, that one person could take such a commanding lead in the race for board idiot.

Where's Fearon when you need him?
Your view that the 2 month ban is "unfair but feck it anyway" is among the most bizarre I've read on here.

He's also the fella reckons that Peter Canavan injured himself in 96... I never got that video Hardy that proves it

Hardy

He did. And given your "interpretation" of McCann's dive, I wouldn't trust you to interpret a teletubbies video.

omaghjoe

Quote from: hardstation on August 13, 2015, 10:04:55 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2015, 10:00:48 PM
Em no, it's not. You've heard of the idea of the lesser of two evils?
It is. As I said on the other thread, ban divers for 2 months if you wish but at least let them know beforehand instead of changing the rules between the time of the offence and the awarding of the penalty.

If he deserves that then what did Martin o'Connel deserve in 96, 6months in jail?

Maybe if Martin O'Connell had got what he deserved in 96 there wouldn't have been a full scale riot on AI final day

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hardy on August 13, 2015, 10:15:22 PM
He did. And given your "interpretation" of McCann's dive, I wouldn't trust you to interpret a teletubbies video.

There you go fellas no bias there at all this is the type of prejusdice we're dealing with.

Peter Canavan Tyrone's star performer and more or less carrying the rest of the team decided he would injury himself just as he was getting sandwiched by two Meath hallions.

omaghjoe

Your last paragraph Fintona, I couldnt help thinking was that what happened with the weans from Ashfield gardens when they went to St Lawrence's?

Apart from that very good and rational, I dont buy into that BS tho when it comes to football, as competitive sport is as an irrational thing as there is goin.

So I believe in going clean mad when we're wronged, any good ideas for turning this around to blame Kerry? I can see the feckers sitting in the corner sniggering away at the whole thing.

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 11:28:38 PM
Your last paragraph Fintona, I couldnt help thinking was that what happened with the weans from Ashfield gardens when they went to St Lawrence's?

Apart from that very good and rational, I dont buy into that BS tho when it comes to football, as competitive sport is as an irrational thing as there is goin.

So I believe in going clean mad when we're wronged, any good ideas for turning this around to blame Kerry? I can see the feckers sitting in the corner sniggering away at the whole thing.

I am glad you are finally beginning to see sense.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 11:35:50 PM

Who rattled your cage again?

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 11:36:50 PM

Don't mind me, keep a close eye on the corner you mentioned.

Let us know what you see or hear.

BTW, where exactly is this corner?
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 11:39:42 PM

I presume that you have now seen Hughes intent after my explanation then?

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 13, 2015, 11:57:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 11:39:42 PM

I presume that you have now seen Hughes intent after my explanation then?

What was his intent?

You now seem to be focused on this 'bounce' of the fist off the shoulder. How often do you see fists bounce back from their targets?

Serious question btw. I am open minded on this.
MWWSI 2017