Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Everybody has said Tyrone were the better team and deserved winners, but to say what McCann done is poor form hardly points out his playacting. it was f**king disgrace, as was Cavanagh going down with 5 mins to go too, Monaghan had got dirty on it as they had lost their heads especially Finlay who i previously had said was a fairly clean footballer

redcard

Quote from: naka on August 08, 2015, 07:21:14 PM
Thought Tyrone the better side with a lot more options and indeed will last longer than donegal this year
Alas though their style leaves a sour taste
Was at a juvenile match today and couldn't believe the distain held for them by most  managers and every one there was from the north

Will be interesting how they get on against Kerry
For one thing it won't be a cakewalk for the kingdom

To be honest I long for the days when everyone liked Tyrone and  they were bate out the gate by Dublin Kerry and Meath..............

Wildweasel74

Nobody ever liked Tyrone so you need worry about that and the fact that you cant see the wrongs in your own players only the opposition says it all!!

redcard

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 08, 2015, 07:31:49 PM
Nobody ever liked Tyrone so you need worry about that and the fact that you cant see the wrongs in your own players only the opposition says it all!!

Ah well might as well carry on winning then

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: redcard on August 08, 2015, 07:16:34 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 08, 2015, 07:13:40 PM
Stew's excellent entertainment here when Tyrone win!!

One can only imagine what it was like for him in 03 and 05!!!

TBF it's all the Armagh supporters who are aggravated by Tyrone winning

Ah now - there's a few of the lads from the stroke county spitting feathers as well.

Gaffer

Quote from: redcard on August 08, 2015, 07:28:50 PM
Thought Tyrone the better side with a lot more options and indeed will last longer than donegal this year
Was at a juvenile match today and couldn't believe the distain held for them by most  managers and every one there was from the north

To be honest I long for the days when everyone liked Tyrone and  they were bate out the gate by Dublin Kerry and Meath..............

Agreed. I wish we could go back to the days when we came down to Croke Park the odd year took the inevitable beating and came back up the road again

Feck this winning lark!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

The day gets better

Jimmy has put us as one of the 3 elite teams!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

laceer

Very impressive from Tyrone. Controlled the game completely. McCurry and McAliskey stepped up to the mark in style. McManus kicked some serious scores along with Duffy for Monaghan. McCann's dive was a disgrace-no point in trying to dress it any other way. Did Hughes punch Richie Donnelly afterwards to get the red card?

redcard

Quote from: Gaffer on August 08, 2015, 07:39:24 PM

Agreed. I wish we could go back to the days when we came down to Croke Park the odd year took the inevitable beating and came back up the road again

Feck this winning lark!!

Yes like all the gushing for Fermanagh last week. What a team? What great supporters? What a skilful team? Best of luck lads. Safe home

Syferus

Quote from: Gaffer on August 08, 2015, 07:41:04 PM
The day gets better

Jimmy has put us as one of the 3 elite teams!!!

Pretty sure he meant the other three so he's saying the opposite.

naka

Quote from: Gaffer on August 08, 2015, 07:39:24 PM

Feck this winning lark!!

Jeez
Now if you were Kerry or Dublin I could accept that point
I was at a tournament in down
If it was Armagh can agree that the hatred of the red hands is raw but down men should have no dispute with you guys

Itchy

I think it will be a cakewalk for Kerry who will like nothing more than to hammer Tyrone. I reckon Kerry by at least 8 points

straightred

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 08, 2015, 06:40:02 PM
Whishtup, Kerry where no where near as bad last year as Tyrone today, Anybody should be ashamed of the antics of McCann and to extent Cavanagh lying down to, the fact you cant condemn the way they behave says about about the supporters following the team. if one of my county players done that, i wouldnt want him back in a county jersey.

Tyrone were at their worst today and the soft ref didn't help. Apart from hughesred (game was gone at that point anyway) it was incessant diving, puling, dragging and whatever else it took to get the result. I;ve stood up for them in the past but no more - today was a new low for tyrone. They can enjoy their victory but Kerry can and will be just as cynical. Cavanagh can dish it out but cant take it - brolly was right about him.

Line Ball

Thone Mc Cann is some  a r s e.  Whether Hughes was send off for tussling his hair or not, he still went down like he had been hit by a tornado, what a total embarrassment and deserves punishment from Croke Park.

Could someone explain why Sean Cavanagh's late sliding tackle leading with his shoulder on Mc Manus, made to look like it was clumsy, wasn't penalised with a black card?  He has the form for tackles like that late on.

Wildweasel74

Winning, Well we see against Kerry