Best Stand-up Comedian

Started by Orior, November 06, 2010, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Boycey on August 19, 2015, 02:55:04 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 19, 2015, 02:27:16 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on August 19, 2015, 02:15:46 PM
Seen Kevin Bridges in Derry last month, was top quality, can deal with most of the things the crowd throw at him but think a girl on the thurs night took it too far, wasn't funny and had to be removed. Best thing about him is he gets our humour and played on it very well.

I don't get that, you pay good money to go and watch a comedian and then act such a bollix that you have to be removed maybe belongs in the WTF thread.

I saw Tommy Tiernan cutting the socks off some girl who had heckled him at a show about 10 years ago. It was a brilliant put down which I can't remember anymore :-) but in true Tommy fashion he returned to her several times during the night to the stage where it actually got a bit OTT and embarrassing

Jim Jeffries mercilessly destroys a heckler (audio only, language NSFW; also a bit OTT).   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKNYb41JJk

screenexile

Jake O'Kane introduced some newbie comedian at the Empire . . .

"Right if any of you c***ts give this lad any grief up here I'll not be long telling the rest of the crowd the story about the time yer ma caught ye pulling your bar in the bathroom with a toilet brush up yer hole for good measure. BEHAVE!!"

I used to go to the Empire a lot back in the day and it was brutal!! If you were the slightest bit nervous or tentative about your act you got crucified. It wasn't even the heckling that was bad it was the fact the crowd started to talk among themselves and drown the comedian out. If you could be funny there I'd say you'll do alright.

ziggysego

Quote from: screenexile on August 19, 2015, 04:28:13 PM
I used to go to the Empire a lot back in the day and it was brutal!! If you were the slightest bit nervous or tentative about your act you got crucified. It wasn't even the heckling that was bad it was the fact the crowd started to talk among themselves and drown the comedian out. If you could be funny there I'd say you'll do alright.

I've done stand up a few times. A truly terrifying experience, but fantastic at the same time.
Testing Accessibility

Gold

Saw Dara o Brein at Waterfront in Belfast few months ago.

Absolutely fantastic.  Interacted with the crowd and ripped a boy out of it re his employment in a local supermarket.  Hilarious, so sharp
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Orior

Anyone see Kevin Bridges in Dublin at the weekend? Apparently he very nearly died on stage /  lost the plot entirely.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

DownFanatic

Quote from: screenexile on August 19, 2015, 04:28:13 PM
Jake O'Kane introduced some newbie comedian at the Empire . . .

"Right if any of you c***ts give this lad any grief up here I'll not be long telling the rest of the crowd the story about the time yer ma caught ye pulling your bar in the bathroom with a toilet brush up yer hole for good measure. BEHAVE!!"

The chat among the crowd was the death knell of a comedian in the Empire.
In fairness there were few bad ones there.
Some unreal nights.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gaffer

Great put down from comedian to heckler

"Listen mate, if I want to hear from an asshole I'll fart!"
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

SHEEDY

Quote from: Gaffer on January 12, 2016, 05:49:59 PM

Great put down from comedian to heckler

"Listen mate, if I want to hear from an asshole I'll fart!"
jimjefferies dealing with a heckler!
https://youtu.be/fTKNYb41JJk
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Going to see Sarah Milligan tonight.... Have to laugh birthday present for me ( birthday in Jan) and I'm not fussed on her!! Women say men never listen???
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

Well you haven't listened closely enough to get her name right to be fair lol.