Munster championship

Started by tippabu, May 21, 2015, 01:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Kicks off this weekend with clare very limerick. Will be surprised if clare don't come through this. Next week tipp v Waterford,  if we don't win this it'll be a massive step back in our football progression.

tippabu

Clare got the win they expected last weekend, hopefully tipp will do the same this weekend. Haven't played Waterford in thurles in the championship in a long time, they usually cause us plenty of trouble in poor pitches at the start of the year in the league but can't see them causing many problems this weekend

twohands!!!

Quote from: tippabu on May 27, 2015, 01:40:18 PM
Clare got the win they expected last weekend, hopefully tipp will do the same this weekend. Haven't played Waterford in thurles in the championship in a long time, they usually cause us plenty of trouble in poor pitches at the start of the year in the league but can't see them causing many problems this weekend

I think the tight nature of the Clare game will possibly help them a bit and you'd think that every player on the panel will know that Cork even with as much disarray as they are in will be a much much sterner challenge. I heard that Cork have called up a 34 year old keeper who never played any intercounty before a few weeks back. Anyone heard this?

It's very hard not to see Tipp progressing over Waterford. I saw a stat that Tipp had conceded the most goals in the league and the least number of points. Looking at that it really looks like Tipp's fortunes in the championship this year will all depend on how they do in terms of not conceding goals. If they stop conceding goals they could worry a fair few teams, but if that continues to be an issue it might be a very short summer for them. If I were Waterford manager I would be telling my forwards to be going for goals. Waterford might not have the forwards to raise the green flag but looking ahead to the likely meeting with Kerry, I can't help but think that something like Kerry to score 2 or more goals might be a potentially valuable bet.

tippabu

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 27, 2015, 02:44:40 PM
Quote from: tippabu on May 27, 2015, 01:40:18 PM

I think the tight nature of the Clare game will possibly help them a bit and you'd think that every player on the panel will know that Cork even with as much disarray as they are in will be a much much sterner challenge. I heard that Cork have called up a 34 year old keeper who never played any intercounty before a few weeks back. Anyone heard this?

It's very hard not to see Tipp progressing over Waterford. I saw a stat that Tipp had conceded the most goals in the league and the least number of points. Looking at that it really looks like Tipp's fortunes in the championship this year will all depend on how they do in terms of not conceding goals. If they stop conceding goals they could worry a fair few teams, but if that continues to be an issue it might be a very short summer for them. If I were Waterford manager I would be telling my forwards to be going for goals. Waterford might not have the forwards to raise the green flag but looking ahead to the likely meeting with Kerry, I can't help but think that something like Kerry to score 2 or more goals might be a potentially valuable bet.

From the looks of things we have ciaran macdonald back for the championship, he is as good as any corner back in the country and our best player for the last number of years. He will be a huge boost to us.

ck

Quote from: tippabu on May 21, 2015, 01:02:58 PM
Kicks off this weekend with clare very limerick. Will be surprised if clare don't come through this. Next week tipp v Waterford,  if we don't win this it'll be a massive step back in our football progression.

Kicks off? You mean throws in  ::)

AZOffaly

The game throws in, the competition kicks off (begins).

Hardy

Reminds me - I heard the commentator on BBC's live coverage of Cavan-Monaghan going on about goal kicks on Sunday.

drici

AZOffaly

It's funny that Black Caesar and Hipz are Irish horses, while Port Lairge isn't :)

DuffleKing

Are both Munster semi finals on this sunday at the same time?

waterfordlad

Yes both on at 3.30. 7 football championship games this weekend and no hurling.

twohands!!!

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 11, 2015, 02:31:22 PM

Are both Munster semi finals on this sunday at the same time?

Yup .....while in Ulster the 4 quarter-finals were on 4 different weekends.