Down v Armagh (Park Esler 16:00) 19/05/2019

Started by illdecide, May 06, 2019, 10:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2019, 10:50:05 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2019, 10:21:53 PM
I'd imagine there'll be at least 1 or 2 changes. McGeeney and his mind games.
First championship game against Down and McGeeney needs to play the mind game card already?

Aye, apparently so.

Solo_run

Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2019, 11:15:45 PM
First championship game against Down and McGeeney needs to play the mind game card already?

Aye, apparently so.
But it isn't his first championship game against Down

BennyCake

Quote from: Solo_run on May 17, 2019, 12:16:16 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 16, 2019, 11:15:45 PM

Aye, apparently so.
But it isn't his first championship game against Down

Aye, but he doesn't know that. So don't tell him ;)

tonto1888

Quote from: naka on May 16, 2019, 10:29:56 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 16, 2019, 10:18:56 PM
Team named

1. Blaine Hughes
2. Patrick Burns
3. Aaron McKay
4. Paul Hughes
5. Ryan Kennedy
6. Brendan Donaghy
7. Aidan Forker
8. Charlie Vernon
9. Jarlath Og Burns
10. Aidan Nugent
11. Ethan Rafferty
12. Jemar Hall
13. Rory Grugan
14. Rian O'Neill
15. Jamie Clarke

Whether that's the team that takes to the field on Sunday remains to be seen
Jeez that's not a great side
No Campbell, Morgan, Sheridan, grimley
As I said Downs to lose

Grimley only had the cast from a broken hand removed not too long ago. I imagine a couple of changes before throw in

regal

Kennedy, paddy burns and nugent must have trained exceptionally well since the league finished to get a championship start. None of them showed anything in the league to give the impression they'd be in the championship 15.

Vernon looked clean done when he was taken of in this game two years ago when playing full back after 20 minutes. Now he starts at midfield.

BennyCake

Quote from: regal on May 17, 2019, 08:28:09 PM
Kennedy, paddy burns and nugent must have trained exceptionally well since the league finished to get a championship "start". None of them showed anything in the league to give the impression they'd be in the championship 15.

Vernon looked clean done when he was taken of in this game two years ago when playing full back after 20 minutes. Now he starts at midfield.

It's a long time until 4pm Sunday.

Orior

Tickets will be on sale outside the stadium on Sunday, yes?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

tonto1888

Quote from: regal on May 17, 2019, 08:28:09 PM
Kennedy, paddy burns and nugent must have trained exceptionally well since the league finished to get a championship start. None of them showed anything in the league to give the impression they'd be in the championship 15.

Kennedy had a very good game v Fermanagh. Agree about the other two. Vernon has been playing good football this year

Angelo

Are Murnin and Oisín O'Neill still involved this year?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

ardchieftain

Quote from: Angelo on May 18, 2019, 01:00:23 PM

Both injured, Hopefully they will be back soon.

Main Street

There's an article penned by someone called Peter Canavan in the Indo today, he says that Armagh will have to discover their inner Tyrone hunger, in order to reverse the pattern of defeats in the UC.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on May 18, 2019, 01:00:23 PM

I believe Oisín was playing for cross last night

Ambrose

Quote from: yellowcard on May 16, 2019, 11:14:49 PM
If that's the Armagh team then I'm a China man. Geezer rarely ever lines out as selected it is just to keep Tally guessing.

Geezer's mind games usually end up with Geezer doing the guessing, his Championship record speaks for itself.
25 years ago we played Derry in the first round in Celtic Park, a game that will long be remembered as a classic and virtually assured us of a second All Ireland in 3 years. No one would have believed that we'd have won nothing in the next quarter of a century. The way things are at the minute you wouldn't be too confident of things changing over the next 25 years.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

naka

Hopefully good match later
Waking this morning  first time I feel am confident that the orchard will win
Just put £20 on a 4-6 point victory at 9/2
Here's hoping.

Dubh driocht

Really don't know what to expect today. Tally is a cautious coach but has limited options due to injuries and unavailable players. Some gambles in selection but unlikely that we'll take a hammering as we did in two out of the three seasons under Eamon Burns. Armagh have looked good at times in the last two years but McGeeney is poor at reading the game and his usfc record is atrocious. If the supply to Down's full forward line is good, and they keep their discipline, there are scores there. However Armagh have a strong midfield diamond, Jarlath og likely to dominate the fielding and unfortunately set up a win for the visitors.