Shameful acts from Hogan cup

Started by Peter Solan the Great, April 10, 2010, 11:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobit hunter

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 11, 2010, 09:39:23 AM
Didn't this Newry crowd get up to all sorts in the semi as well? It's impossible to know for sure how bad things were without being there, unsurprisingly there are a few Down lads here trying to play things down. But that's two games in a row where this school's been dragged through the mud, no smoke without fire and all that...it should probably at least be investigated by the GAA to see if there is an issue with the school. I don't buy in to any of this northern bias craic, anytime I've been up there it's been great and there's been no ill feeling at all, quite the opposite in fact.

Are you serious or just a complete amadon.  St Colman's was the top academic school in NI last year.  It has the most McCrory cup wins and a history steeped in discipline and high standards.  It all schools in Ireland had as high standards the country wouldn't be in the state that it's in!  I went to St Colmans and ejoyed some of the greatest under age football ever seen with players like James McCartan, Jarlath Burns and then Marsden and McGrane coming through our ranks in those years.  I travelled the length and breadth of the country to support the teams from Corn na Og to McCrory and when I was in 6th and 7th year did we go in search of a pint before the match?  Of course we did!  We were fecking 16/17 and had a weekend off!!  If you knew anything about St Colmans it has a history of high class Down AND Armagh fellas who have come through the doors and gone on to be leaders in the community and on the field of play.  Educate yourself before you post crap like this.  I'm sure Fr Brown could organise for a field visit so you can witness what a real school looks like!

Lecale2

Quote from: redandblack4ever on April 12, 2010, 08:54:54 PM
Quote from: ballela-angel on April 12, 2010, 02:00:10 PM
NOTICE TO ALL YOU ARMAGH SUPPORTERS (and anyone else who bad-mouths Down)

If youse talk bad about Down I'll set me ma on youse - Better still, I'll get Mrs rebandblcak4ever on your butts instead!

Ballela Angel: What I say to most Armagh supporters here in Chicago that denigrate Down is this: "Talk to me when Armagh has 5 All-Ireland titles. Then we might have something to talk about."

Ballela is in Down.

ballela-angel

Am I missing something, how did Armagh supporters come in to this? The thread was started by a Mayo poster and no Armagh poster has slagged off St Colman's or its supporters.

Machers the reference to Armach supporters etc was only meant as a wee bit of humor playing off how bravley mrs redandblack4ever defended the behaviour of the Violet Hill supporters - No malice intended
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Winnie Peg

Quote from: hobit hunter on April 12, 2010, 09:40:55 PM
Didn't this Newry crowd get up to all sorts in the semi as well? It's impossible to know for sure how bad things were without being there, unsurprisingly there are a few Down lads here trying to play things down. But that's two games in a row where this school's been dragged through the mud, no smoke without fire and all that...it should probably at least be investigated by the GAA to see if there is an issue with the school. I don't buy in to any of this northern bias craic, anytime I've been up there it's been great and there's been no ill feeling at all, quite the opposite in fact.

Are you serious or just a complete amadon.  St Colman's was the top academic school in NI last year.  It has the most McCrory cup wins and a history steeped in discipline and high standards.  It all schools in Ireland had as high standards the country wouldn't be in the state that it's in!  I went to St Colmans and ejoyed some of the greatest under age football ever seen with players like James McCartan, Jarlath Burns and then Marsden and McGrane coming through our ranks in those years.  I travelled the length and breadth of the country to support the teams from Corn na Og to McCrory and when I was in 6th and 7th year did we go in search of a pint before the match?  Of course we did!  We were fecking 16/17 and had a weekend off!!  If you knew anything about St Colmans it has a history of high class Down AND Armagh fellas who have come through the doors and gone on to be leaders in the community and on the field of play.  Educate yourself before you post crap like this.  I'm sure Fr Brown could organise for a field visit so you can witness what a real school looks like!
I am also an Armagh past pupil. I( was disappointed with the supporters on Saturday.
By the Way, pity you didn't learn to spell MacRory when you were at our great school.

supersub

Quote from: SambaSaffron on April 12, 2010, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 12, 2010, 09:02:37 PM
Which Newry guy is supposed to be going to oz?

From what I heard it was the no 12. To me the no. 11(Chris Clarke was it?) looked head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch and the number 14 was also a very standout player. (12 wasn't bad but these two boys stodd out in particular)
Yeah, I heard it was Caolan Mooney. Any Down posters confirm or deny?

I'd say Caolan will be finishing school and playing for the minors before anything else at the moment!

dublinfella

Quote from: INDIANA on April 11, 2010, 10:46:42 AM
Heard their behaviour was nothing short of an absolute disgrace. But then these bandwagon louts are all the rage at Gaa matches. Lingfield must have had a Sunday match this weekend

So even when there is an incident at a GAA game (and for the record this is being blown well out of proportion, what a fanny that journo is) its actually soccer lads infiltrating?

Get a grip.

Bitta-Banter

Totally blown out of proportion, I also notice there's no mention of the Killarney fan who was arrested on the pitch for having a pellet gun on him?

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on April 13, 2010, 04:48:21 PM
Totally blown out of proportion, I also notice there's no mention of the Killarney fan who was arrested on the pitch for having a pellet gun on him?

Seems likely a lovely family day out this colleges lark. Ban the lot I say!

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Bitta-Banter on April 13, 2010, 04:48:21 PM

Yes but he was from the South!

Cosmo Kramer

Sorry, what?!

All I said was that there was a few sceals going around after the Geralds game (and there were), and there appear to be some more after the final as well. Maybe someone should have a look and see if there is an issue? (If there is no issue, then you have nothing to worry yourself about.) Then I complemented northern hospitality - so what are you ranting and raving about?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

peter_venkman

I must say I was very disappointed to come across this thread. The fact of the matter is that any reports of reprehensible behaviour on the part of the St. Colman's fans are complete and utter nonsense. I travelled to all but two St. Colman's matches throughout the entire MacRory /Hogan campaign and I can honestly say that I did not witness any 'shameful acts' which would leave 'a very bad taste in the mouth'. Fair enough Paul Galvin was singled out for special treatment in the final with regards to him accidentally hitting one of his students but it was all in good humour  and no worse than a member of the St. Colman's coaching staff got, whom our own fans chanted 'he's got no hair, but we don't care...'  It was hardly anything to spark such an angry response.
I would question the need for members of the Garda Síochána to be placed at the touchline for the final whistle, and indeed the manner in which a St. Colman's fan was dragged by the neck to the floor, knees placed into the back and cuffed; Heavy-handed in my view. At the end of the day thousands of fans invade Croke Park every third Sunday in September, what was the harm in allowing a few hundred school boys onto the pitch to view the Hogan Cup presentation?
Some people need to seriously catch a grip as they have blown this whole thing way out of proportion to give some warped view on reality – The reality being that St. Colman's gave a footballing master class in Croke Park on Saturday, ably supported by their loyal supporters. Well done.

Down Follower

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 13, 2010, 09:29:43 PM

Sorry, what?!

All I said was that there was a few sceals going around after the Geralds game (and there were), and there appear to be some more after the final as well. Maybe someone should have a look and see if there is an issue? (If there is no issue, then you have nothing to worry yourself about.) Then I complemented northern hospitality - so what are you ranting and raving about?

I was actually at the St Geralds game supporting St Colmans i must say.  The difference in the behaviour of the supporters from the 2 schools was unreal!!  And before you jump to conclusions it was the St Geralds fans who were a disgrace.

Chants like 'Dirty Northern Ba****ds' were the norm while bottles of buckfast were readily on view from amongst their support.

The worst chant the St Colmans supporters came out with was 'You have s**t support, you have s**t support'!! Correct me if i am wrong.

I also am aware of some Northern registration cars parked at the ground having the side of their cars scraped by a key sometime during/after the game.

tonesfirstandlast

The more that is written here, the image of this colleges football just seems to get worse and worse. Have trhe teachers in these schools just lost lost control.

stephenite

Fr. Brown might be better off teaching you how to spell.

dublinfella

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on April 14, 2010, 11:55:46 AM
The more that is written here, the image of this colleges football just seems to get worse and worse. Have trhe teachers in these schools just lost lost control.

Is it a teachers job to control kids in Dublin at a game at the weekend?

But regardless, kids acting the bollix at schools games isn't new. There was a stabbing at a Dublin  Cumann na mBunscoil game I played in Croker 20 years ago. Difference is that news the papers don't run filters out via blogs with varying degrees of accurracy.