The all Ireland semi finals. A purists pairing

Started by rrhf, August 15, 2007, 01:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Well now that Us Nordies have let ye's have Gaelic Football back for a 'bit'  Will we now start to see some purists football.  What can we expect here, that has been any different.  I believe in true Spillane style that we should not talk about the winners after the game thats irrelelevant...  but the quality of the football on view.  So we have 2 traditional pairings / rivalries, What type of games can we hope for?     

Tankie

I think the Meath v Cork game will be poor enough when it comes to skill but will we entertaining for me as i care about the result. As for the Dublin v Kerry game i think there will be some lovely football and full of excitement for any who isnt from kerry or dublin as my nerves will be gone.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Star Spangler

If you were going the same as Spillane you'd be saying they are two southern teams playing a southern brand of football.

rory

So 'purists' football now consists of handpass, handpass, handpass, handpass, long hopeful ball in to big full forward and hope it bounces off him in to the hands of one of the forwards.   If that is the case, then Kerry are a purists dream.....

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Onlooker

Cork and Kerry are certainly Southern teams, but Dublin and Meath would have to be more accurately described as Eastern teams!!!.

Star Spangler

Quote from: Onlooker on August 15, 2007, 03:17:09 PM
Cork and Kerry are certainly Southern teams, but Dublin and Meath would have to be more accurately described as Eastern teams!!!.

Exactly my point.  Thanks.  :)

GalwayBayBoy

Well Kerry and Meath certainly play "traditional" football for want of a better word.

Dublin are more of a running team IMO.

Uladh

Can the semi final line up ever be considered as traditional when there are more than one team from the same province?

neutral

Agreed Uladh it almost feels incestrous to have these 2 games on.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: neutral on August 15, 2007, 04:40:19 PM
Agreed Uladh it almost feels incestrous to have these 2 games on.

It's a perfectly cromulent scenario.

never kickt a ball

Purist football and puerile comments from Spillane et al.