Tall, Dark and O hailpin

Started by magickingdom, August 14, 2007, 12:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inisceithleann

Quote from: guy crouchback on August 15, 2007, 12:21:35 PM
there was a report in the papers about 3 years ago about a trip Sean Og and Satanta had made north.
they were going out in Omagh to a newly opened bar or night club with some cousins. they were stopped by the bouncer on the way in and refused entry on the grounds that he suspected they were British soilders. he refused to be swayed by the arguements of the cousins  and they had to go home.

I heard that story a while back as well. Dunno how true it is though. 2 seconds of the boys accents would have told the doorman that they weren't British soldiers.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Balboa

Quote from: inisceithleann on August 15, 2007, 12:50:20 PM
there was a report in the papers about 3 years ago about a trip Sean Og and Satanta had made north.
they were going out in Omagh to a newly opened bar or night club with some cousins. they were stopped by the bouncer on the way in and refused entry on the grounds that he suspected they were British soilders. he refused to be swayed by the arguements of the cousins  and they had to go home.

I heard that story a while back as well. Dunno how true it is though. 2 seconds of the boys accents would have told the doorman that they weren't British soldiers.

I know, most bouncers are reasonable chaps ................

small white mayoman

just saw the show last night enjoyed it,thought the lads came across as decent lads and down to earth. Is setanta still out injured or is he playing for the team now?
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

ziggysego

Saw this programme last night. Was a very interesting programme. Lovely island that their mother is from. Was good watch Sean Og showing them the hurling skills. I too wondered why there was no mention of their father. Prehaps he doesn't like being in the media.

Quote from: inisceithleann on August 15, 2007, 12:50:20 PM

I'm afraid that is true. It was one of them new bars on the Main Street Complex. I won't say which one ;)
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

What a horribly embarassing episode for the nightclub owners.

Hardy

I'd say we should look for the obvious explanation here. The bouncer copped on they were Langers.

(Only joking - just trying to rekindle a bit of the much-missed poisonous spirit of the 1980s/90s between us and Cork).

Homer

Quote from: Hardy on August 15, 2007, 02:18:41 PM
I'd say we should look for the obvious explanation here. The bouncer copped on they were Langers.

(Only joking - just trying to rekindle a bit of the much-missed poisonous spirit of the 1980s/90s between us and Cork).

Give it a few days Hardy.

Carmen Stateside

there was a report in the papers about 3 years ago about a trip Sean Og and Setanta had made north.

Think it had more to do with the girl that was along with them, she was denied entry then there was a bit of a scene! So I hear!! :-\

cnoc16

I think the passion that Sean Og has is absolutely frightening, it is an awful pity he never got the chance to play professional sports. he is the type of person who would succeed at anything he tries his hand at.

he is a true inspiration.

my mother never stopped going on about how gorgeous they were, embarrassing really.

Maradona

Saw the programme last night and thought it was good
But a few things...

Youd swear sean og was so unfortunate to be winning all irelands when he could have been a professional - absolutely no gaurentee he would have been a pro in another sport (sure his brothers are struggeling to be)
Thought he was dissing cork and his circumstances too much....well if he doesnt like it he can always p*ss off (sorry, always have a problem with people dissing my country - no one forces them to be here)
Setanta & young bloke are handsome boys, but Sean Og is anything but (athlethic alright)

Rossfan

Quote from: full back on August 15, 2007, 11:09:04 AM
I know we spoke about this before-but why is there v little mention of his 'oul fella?

I think it's the anti Ulster thing that we all have ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

Could Sean not try for the AFL now?  He was ireland's best player in the Internationals.  Maybe he doesn't want to embarrass the young brothers by suceeding first.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cnoc16

sean og is way too old to try his hand at afl, i think the afl are right seeking out players in and around minor as it gives them proper time to devlop.

and sean og would succeed as a pro as his commitment and desire is really frightening, if setanta can make it sean og could have easily

blanketattack

I never realised Sean Óg was from such a backward, barbaric, uncultured, third-world ghetto.
But that's enough about Cork. Rotuma on the other hand looks like a nice spot.

thebandit

Quote from: blanketattack on August 16, 2007, 11:04:00 AM
I never realised Sean Óg was from such a backward, barbaric, uncultured, third-world ghetto.
But that's enough about Cork. Rotuma on the other hand looks like a nice spot.

Or Roslea???