GAA Jerseys for Palestine

Started by theticklemister, October 11, 2016, 06:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2017, 04:34:26 PM
Every single settlement is illegal under international law. The West Bank is no more disputed than Co Offaly is.

Even if you accept that, which I don't, the life expectancy figures and other statistics belie the anti-Semitic charge that Israel mistreats the West Bank population.

seafoid

Quote from: five points on January 04, 2017, 04:54:03 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2017, 04:34:26 PM
Every single settlement is illegal under international law. The West Bank is no more disputed than Co Offaly is.

Even if you accept that, which I don't, the life expectancy figures and other statistics belie the anti-Semitic charge that Israel mistreats the West Bank population.
the torture, child imprisonment and murder stats do not.
Israel is only barely Jewish . There is nothing Jewish about murdering kids.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

five points

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2017, 04:55:32 PM

Over and above those of  Jordan, Syria, Egypt or Iraq? I have my doubts about that.

seafoid

Quote from: five points on January 04, 2017, 05:10:42 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2017, 04:55:32 PM

Over and above those of  Jordan, Syria, Egypt or Iraq? I have my doubts about that.
Israel is OECD so compare child murder stats to OECD

five points

Quote from: seafoid on January 04, 2017, 06:42:21 PM
Israel is OECD so compare child murder stats to OECD

What on earth has the OECD got to do with this? If Jordan still controlled the West Bank, it wouldn't be in the OECD.

seafoid

Greater Israel is only 50% Jewish. That didn't work out

theticklemister

They stuck it on British GAA section to be fair

southderryman

Only heard about this recently. A great idea and hope it goes well

Dug out about 30 old jerseys yesterday. A fella from our club is arranging to get these collected and a few other people have got involved too. Hopefully word gets around and more people donate.

I've also asked a few contacts I have in clubs in the newry area so if anything comes of that I'll take them up home with me and get them passed on too

theticklemister

Southderryman. Your part of the world has been to the fore in this. You need stuff collected, PM me. Check our Facebook page www.facebook/gaajerseysforpalestine

southderryman

Quote from: theticklemister on January 09, 2017, 06:36:35 PM
Southderryman. Your part of the world has been to the fore in this. You need stuff collected, PM me. Check our Facebook page www.facebook/gaajerseysforpalestine

Will do. As I say a fella from our club is collecting at the minute and getting them sent over to Derry

theticklemister

I know it's late notice lads and lassies, but I'll be flying around Ulster tomorrow collecting jerseys. If anyone wants ones collected from theirs location let me know

theticklemister

Belfast
South Armagh
St. Columbs College (School)
Ballinascreen

All called at last two days and huge donations.

Up to Celtic Park last night and the Slaughtneil lads stood for a photo with the flags.

Thanks to all involved.

Don't forget if you want to donate please let me know.

StGallsGAA

Best of luck Ticklemister.  How are the getting the clothing/aid in now?  Last I heard all convoys were being turned away?

theticklemister

I am having a few problems at the minute. Couple of avenues have closed on me. But hopefully some more will open.

theticklemister

-------------------------------UPDATE---------------------------------
PLEASE SHARE
Since October 2016 we have been collecting GAA Jerseys for Palestine and hundreds of you out there rallied to the call. Some shared our news, some printed our news, some of you donated, some of you collected......... everyone here at GAA Jerseys for Palestine time would like to say a huge GO RAIBH MAITH AGAIBH. We would have nothing if not for you and your generous deeds, we have collected 3,800 jerseys in total. 3,200 in Derry and 600 in Liverpool.

Unfortunately, we have had no way of getting the jerseys to Palestine, subsequently we will be sending them to Syria. I know some of you will be disappointed, however, they will still be going to people in need. There are nearly 5 million refugees which have fled Syria due to the conflict, and I am sure they will be grateful of this impressive haul. Aidan Crawford of St.Vincent de Paul, who is helping us stated

"These items will go to Aleppo with other aid including medical aid. The Saint Vincent de Paul in partnership with Syria Aid, are the shippers and we have contacts in Syria mainly doctors. We have already sent twenty 40ft containers of aid to Greece, France, Syria (Aleppo) and Yemen. We are trying to get aid into Somali and South Sudan. SVP have sent many containers we also have worked on the ground in many Refugee camps."

If you have any Jerseys that still need to be collected, please let us know ASAP. We will send pictures of the jerseys being transported via SVP.

Steelstown Brian Og's GAC Glenullin GAC Sean Dolans Gac John MitchelsGaa St Lawrences GAA Club Manchester Faolán Deans Pearse Cullen Michael Satelle Nuala Ní Agáin Sean McDermotts Gaa Foreglen Gaa St Patricks Camogie Dungiven St Canice's GAC Dungiven Kevin Lynch Hurling Club The Irish Post The Irish World Derry Post Barcelona Gaels Mark McCourt Paddy Ryan Sean Sparky Ballinascreen Friends of Palestine Doire Trasna Snrs Paul O'Hea Carrickcruppen GAA Dunedin Connollys Glasgow Gaels Slaughtneil GAC @Glen Derry Eamonn Burns Ballinderry Shamrocks GAC St Canice's Ladies GFC, Dungiven