Yellow Cards

Started by Carbery, February 17, 2012, 11:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbery

I know that if a player is sent off for a second yellow card in a club game for the second time within 48 weeks he is automatically suspended for 2 weeks but what would happen if he is sent off for a second yellow card offence 6 months after doing the two weeks?

orangeman

Is this a record number of cards ? Gay Byrne style. One for everybody in the audience !

Westmeath 0-16 Louth 2-09

Doron Harte was shown a red card in the 20th minute
John Heslin landed three late points as Westmeath's strong finish earned them a tight win over Louth in Mullingar.

It was a gutsy effort from the midlanders who had defender Doron Harte sent-off in the 20th minute.
Referee Gary McCormack showed 18 yellow cards and one red card.

Goals from Adrian Reid and Colm Judge had given Louth a 2-04 to 0-07 half-time lead.

But Louth slipped up with Heslin and Callum McCormack (0-05 each) leading the hosts' scoring charge as they claimed a 0-16 to 2-09 win.

Onlooker

Looks like the refereeing crisis is getting worse.  I did not think that was possible, but a lot of referees are clearly out of their depth.  18 yellow cards is crazy stuff.  You would often wonder where Croke Park find some of these refs.  I was in Thurles today, where a Carlow player was sent off for the softest second yellow card that you could imagine.  The referee did not show much respect for that player today.

Croí na hÉireann

Fussy is right. The vast majority of yellows went to Louth, don't know how no one got two yellows such was the amount of them. Colm Judge wasn't too happy at being taking off when on one but it was the right call by management, he was certain to pick up a second.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Croí na hÉireann

It was Martin O'Rourke who had the word with him I think. Paul Bannon wasn't happy either on the Westmeath side but lads have to realise that it's a team game and we needed fresh legs in the middle.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: orangeman on February 03, 2013, 05:16:51 PM

Is this a record number of cards ? Gay Byrne style. One for everybody in the audience !

Yer man who refereed the first Ardboe-Dromore championship game gave out about that many as well