Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2013 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 29, 2013, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drici

For those who can no longer see.
Above is a 'tweet' from Silverbridge Harps GAA Club with a photograph of a drinks' bar being put together.
The message from Silverbridge Harps along with the photograph in the 'tweet' reads
'Looking more like a bar and less like pallets and plywood now'
(dated 10th May)

For those of you who cannot see - above is a picture of a very large finished bar that must have taken a quare bit of effort to transform from the original 'pallets and plywood'
The message from Silverbridge Harps in the 'tweet' reads:
'And here's the finshed product!! All ready for the 1000 patrons coming to be entertained by Nathan Carter.
(dated 10th May)

For those of you who cannot see - the above is a photograph taken from a long view to emphasise the bar's length and gravity.
The message from Silverbridge Harps in the' tweet' reads:
'Ready for the busy night ahead'

They must do some drinking alright in Silverbridge Harps - probably a great 'generator'(to quote J Burns) for the GAA side of the Club though.

Quote from: Jarlath Burns on September 22, 2013, 12:43:39 PM

Social clubs are not priorities for the GAA. They were, at best, questionable in their heyday and thankfully are no longer the Association’s main income

drici

Dougal Maguire

You are one sad pathetic person putting up a post like this about an under 18 football match
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

I returned home from a wake at 5am this morning to discover the 2 posts about Silverbridge GFC posted by hero member drici.  In these he insinuates that our Club is a pack of drunks, using a couple of photos put up on the Club twitter account earlier this year to demonstrate the volunteer ethos which could transform a pile of pallets and plywood into a functioning bar for a one off event, as a means of substantiating his claim. It was the same volunteer ethos that was evident over the past 2 days and nights when the same volunteers stayed out in the wind and rain to steward at the said wake which was that of the 42 year old son of an esteemed Club member who died on Boxing Day leaving a widow and 5 children, 4 of whom are under 8 years of age.  But we never put photos of that sort of thing on twitter, we just do it as a matter of form.  I cannot understand what would drive a person to post something as spiteful and vindictive in a thread about an under 18 football match.  I would ask him what does he really know about our Club?  What does he know about its members? What does he know about our minor team? And finally what axe has he to grind with us?  It must be something pretty bad to warrant what he did.  If ever the term hero member was inappropriate, this is it
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 30, 2013, 02:23:25 PM
I returned home from a wake at 5am this morning to discover the 2 posts about Silverbridge GFC posted by hero member drici.  In these he insinuates that our Club is a pack of drunks, using a couple of photos put up on the Club twitter account earlier this year to demonstrate the volunteer ethos which could transform a pile of pallets and plywood into a functioning bar for a one off event, as a means of substantiating his claim. It was the same volunteer ethos that was evident over the past 2 days and nights when the same volunteers stayed out in the wind and rain to steward at the said wake which was that of the 42 year old son of an esteemed Club member who died on Boxing Day leaving a widow and 5 children, 4 of whom are under 8 years of age.  But we never put photos of that sort of thing on twitter, we just do it as a matter of form.  I cannot understand what would drive a person to post something as spiteful and vindictive in a thread about an under 18 football match.  I would ask him what does he really know about our Club?  What does he know about its members? What does he know about our minor team? And finally what axe has he to grind with us?  It must be something pretty bad to warrant what he did.  If ever the term hero member was inappropriate, this is it

Seriously? I see nothing wrong in it, the vast majority of Gaa clubs have a bar, it's a bitta craic not spiteful or vindictive in it, maybe a quote from Burns has prompted this but no real malice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2013, 02:52:24 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 30, 2013, 02:23:25 PM

Seriously? I see nothing wrong in it, the vast majority of Gaa clubs have a bar, it's a bitta craic not spiteful or vindictive in it, maybe a quote from Burns has prompted this but no real malice

+1

DM your obviously in an emotional state right now fella, which I'm sorry about but dricis quote were from the Casement re-development thread where the discussion surrounded a J. Burns comment.

Dougal Maguire

Yes I am emotional and the situation is not helped when someone insults my Club like that guy did. It doesn't take a genius to work out the connotations - Glen depicted by a picture of  Watty Graham, Silverbridge by a picture of a fictitious alcoholic priest.
Careful now

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 30, 2013, 06:06:03 PM
Yes I am emotional and the situation is not helped when someone insults my Club like that guy did. It doesn't take a genius to work out the connotations - Glen depicted by a picture of  Watty Graham, Silverbridge by a picture of a fictitious alcoholic priest.

Like him? namesake????

Still not getting it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

No, and in any case I have no wish to discuss the matter with you
Careful now

Milltown Row2

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 30, 2013, 06:06:03 PM

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Line Ball

Hoof Hearted

I see the Irish News today had a preview of the match and said Dungiven won in 1990 with Joe Brolly and Kieran McKeever playing. Now even I was overage in 1990 ! (at 19 just about ) Not a great guess there McGhee
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Beo

Glen Watty Grahams 0-00  Silverbridge Harps 0-00

7 minutes

Is Canamhaint mé.