Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 29, 2010, 11:34:14 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 29, 2010, 09:41:24 PM
Jaysus what is it about young English footballers  ???

Reading between the lines it sounds like he did little wrong. A lot of the time it's the company as opposed to the player.

£££££££££ is what's wrong with young English footballers. They're told from when they are 14 that they are great, they have agents telling them they're the best thing since sliced bread, and if they make it they get pay packets that no human being needs at this stage.

They're targetted by hanger ons, and the media are all over them, because of the money.

Finally, they are young guys, from working class backgrounds in a lot of cases, who have more money than they've ever dreamed of. It's not surprising some of them go off the rails a bit. In fairness, there's a lot who don't.

I think the PFA should operate a trust fund for them until they are 25 at least. Give them a salary capped at 5k a week (the poor things) and put the rest of their salary into a blue chip investment fund. When they reach 25 they can then access all their back wages, including interest/returns.

gerry

theo stretcher off tonight in the england game, away for a x ray on his ankle
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Honestly. They're feckin made of paper down at the Emirates.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

I think Owen Hargreaves is available on free transfer next Summer i wonder will Wenger be interested?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

Another long ball another goal conceded...

The fish in goals is playing well though...
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Is there a dumber footballer than Kevin Davies, on a yellow, the Arsenal fans baying for his blood and he's still throwing himself into stupid tackles, will be surprised if sees the game out...

Gary Cahill sent off, stupid tackle but not a red didn't seem that much intent in it...referee is very weak and bows to the Arsenal players and fans demands...
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

Delicious finish from Song  :o

Should be the game for the Gooners unless they collapse like the has-beens earlier on..
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 11, 2010, 04:36:59 PM
Delicious finish from Song  :o

Should be the game for the Gooners unless they collapse like the has-beens earlier on..

Don't worry the young pretenders should hold out

Dinny Breen

olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé olé  goal

Vela the best Mexican striker in the league....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Another good win. Tell you this, all the Wenger whining is working. Rarely does a team finish with 11 men against Arsenal .

Defence fairly small? Looked that way for the Bolton goal. Almunia's some craic.

Dinny Breen

In fairness the biggest whinger today was the co-commentator Stewart Robson hard to believe he works for Arsenal TV, moaned about Wenger, the fans, the ref, he just moaned moaned moaned almost made me miss Lou Macari...

Will be interesting to see if Wolves or Stoke can keep 11 men on the pitch in the Emirates...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 11, 2010, 10:01:12 PM
In fairness the biggest whinger today was the co-commentator Stewart Robson hard to believe he works for Arsenal TV, moaned about Wenger, the fans, the ref, he just moaned moaned moaned almost made me miss Lou Macari...

Is that right? What kind of stuff was he saying?

Dinny Breen

It was cringeworthy but it was seems to be Setanta policy when Arsenal are playing big up the Arsenal/Wenger whinge factor anyhow Robson had a go at Squillaci and his ability, that the Arsenal players were winning soft frees and make meals out of the slightest touch, a had right pop at whinging Wenger (his words), Fabregas and Eboue, claimed the fans were trying to get players sent off (well never) and that they don't like their players been tackled hard, he then defended an awful tackle on Diaby by that liitle runt Robinson, Diaby left injured because of it....

Had to turn the sound off as it was just too negative, it was like listening to Martin Carney or some other RTE buffon...
#newbridgeornowhere