Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 28, 2008, 02:24:37 PM
Is that The watcher pats cousin right back?

Aye Marc Wilson, think he is number 35? Hit the post the other day, he has about eight million cousins though.

Carmen Stateside

:D :D
Seems like a decent player. Commentator says Harry Redknapp picked him as young player of the year at the club, not a bad acheivement.

ONeill

Win ugly. That's the future!

Phew.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Poor game alright but a wins a win!
Any news on Arsenals injurys? Rosicky?

ONeill

Wenger eyes Andrei Arshavin to fill midfield gaps

Arsène Wenger will move next month to bring Andrei Arshavin to Arsenal and he is cautiously optimistic about his chances of success. The Arsenal manager had already said he was "more likely" to strengthen his squad when the mid-season transfer window opened, after Cesc Fábregas's knee injury which will sideline the central midfielder for four months, but he has addressed the subject of the Zenit St Petersburg playmaker for the first time.

"I don't need to announce a name," Wenger said with a smile when asked by the French television channel Canal Plus about Arshavin, "because when you do that there is 50% less chance of making the signing. But I need a creative midfielder and eventually another midfielder, because we are short."

Wenger has seen a clutch of midfielders depart the club in the past 12 months — Lassana Diarra left for Portsmouth last January before moving on to Real Madrid, and Mathieu Flamini, Alex Hleb and Gilberto Silva went in the summer — and although he signed Samir Nasri and Aaron Ramsey his ambitions have been undermined by the injuries to Fábregas, Theo Walcott and Tomas Rosicky. Walcott is out until the middle of February after shoulder surgery and there are fears that Rosicky will not play again this season because of his long-standing hamstring tendon problem.

"The transfer window opens [on Thursday] and, although we are not close to signing anyone at the moment, if we do buy I think what we need is maybe someone with a bit of experience," Wenger wrote in his programme notes for the visit of Portsmouthtoday's .

"We already have many young players so, if we buy, it will be somebody who is ready to play straight away. A loan deal could also be a possibility.

"Cesc is a long way from playing again, so are Tomas Rosicky and Theo Walcott, and these are three creative players that we count on at the start of the season. So what we might need is someone who can create a little spark."

ONeill

Phew again.

Bendtner was getting serious stick from the crowd and then pops up with the winner.

Emirates crowd a bit ratty this weather.

Hanging in.

The Watcher Pat

That was squeaky bum time that!!

4 strikers on the field at one stage...Needs to get the cheque book out..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

charlie stubbs

do they have are internet connection in the vintage/celtic club pat?

Dinny Breen

Terrible performance until Vela came on, he started running at players and creating space and give the rest of the team impetus. Cracking finish from the Dane, keep expecting Villa's luck to run out but fair dues they're getting the results, still with the quality of players to come back Arsenal should finish 4th.

Must be great to be Kevin foul all you want Davies and never get booked  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

jaykay

That p***k is mouthing off again, he was at the same shite last year too   >:(

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1766_4782703,00.html

Bolton striker Kevin Davies has accused Arsenal players of cheating referees by "screaming" to con officials into awarding them free-kicks.

Davies: Unimpressed with 'screaming' Gunners

The Gunners edged to a 1-0 win over Wanderers at the Emirates Stadium, where the visitors' stubborn resistance was finally broken six minutes from time when substitute Nicklas Bendtner volley in a late winner.

While it was not an over-physical encounter, there is certainly little love lost between the two sides.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was left seething following what he saw as an X-rated challenge by forward Davies on full-back Gael Clichy during the encounter at the Reebok Stadium earlier in the season.

Davies, though, maintains several of the Arsenal team play act to get decisions their way.

"Sometimes it feels like they are trying to earn you a booking, which is bit disappointing and in some of the challenges, I felt that I won the ball," the Bolton forward said.

"A few of them let out a big scream, which is a bit embarrassing really because it is a man's game.

"[Kolo] Toure did one, and he is big, strong man. He was screaming 'my leg' which is a bit unnecessary - but they get the free-kicks.

"In my eyes that is cheating the referee, they have conned him, but they are good at than and you just have to get on with the game."

Bolton were only able to name three outfield players on the substitutes' bench, such was the selection problems for manager Gary Megson.

Davies feels the team can take credit from their efforts in difficult circumstances as they prepare for the visit of champions Manchester United.

"We have only got a small squad, then we had a suspensions and a few injuries, so we are all trying to work hard and can take a lot of positives out of the game because we probably deserved a point," he said.

"If we can perform like that against Manchester United next week, then we will give them a game."

ONeill

Decent enough performance apart from a squeaky period after their goal. RVP was outstanding as provider as was the improving Nasri. Bendtner seems to be best employed as a 75 min sub. His running at their defence opened up chances for the rest.

Keeping in touch as Walcott, Fabregas, Gallas, Rosicky and Silvestre near fitness.

centre 3/4s

Grinded out a result tonight thought bentder done well when he came on thought. Thought Eboue totally outdone himself tonight be being absolutely shite again he has the touch of an elephant and thought he was trying to kill the right back tonight by booting the ball at him continuously. Rumour has it inter milan were looking him, well now that would be a turn in fortunes for us if someone really did want him,don't believe it though!

Windmill abu

What is happening with Eduardo? Is he not impressing with the reserves or has injury brought about a premature end to his premiership career? While it is easy to believe that most injuries are treatable, sometimes the damage is too much, both physical and mental.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ildanach

Quote from: Windmill abu on January 18, 2009, 01:42:20 AM
What is happening with Eduardo? Is he not impressing with the reserves or has injury brought about a premature end to his premiership career? While it is easy to believe that most injuries are treatable, sometimes the damage is too much, both physical and mental.

he is just being eased back. playing for the reserves again this week. think we will see him before end of feb
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Tommy Tight Lips

cant remember where i read it but fairly sure in his first few comeback games he pulled/strained his hamstring which was to set him back about a month so assuming that was the case,it would sound about right if hes back playing reserves again.i guess with an injury as serious as his,he cant be rushed!hopefully tie up the deal for arshavin this week.as great as it would be to see him sign i still feel we desperately need a defensive midfielder in the vieira/gilbertio mould and definitely need a centre half.arsenal never look comfortable defending a lead.anyone feel adebayors work rate has been poor in recent games?i noticed steve mcmanaman showing recent examples of this in the pre game coverage last nite.