Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2014, 08:10:05 PM
Well done arsenal. Happy for wenger. I admire his stubborn belief in his core principles. Congrats Dinny, O'Neill, muppet and the other long suffering arsenal fans on here.

+1. I was mildly surprised at the venom that was spewed at Liverpool from Arsenal fans online when it looked like Liverpool might win the league. Given the teams Liverpool were lined up against, it seemed . . . disproportionate. But you didn't see any of that on here. The Gunners here are all right (my highest compliment). Hope they enjoyed the win.

Shrewdness

Arsenal fans would be well advised not to read too much into winning the FA Cup..Yes, it does bring to an end a barren 9 year period. But it doesn't herald the beginning of a new revolution. Before that is even remotely possible, Arsenal need to look into the reasons for their poor performances against the top teams in their head to head clashes this season.. Congrats to them on winning the FA Cup, but that's all it was. The same FA Cup won last year by Wigan Athletic, and won only a few seasons ago by Portsmouth.

muppet

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 18, 2014, 01:42:09 PM
Arsenal fans would be well advised not to read too much into winning the FA Cup..Yes, it does bring to an end a barren 9 year period. But it doesn't herald the beginning of a new revolution. Before that is even remotely possible, Arsenal need to look into the reasons for their poor performances against the top teams in their head to head clashes this season.. Congrats to them on winning the FA Cup, but that's all it was. The same FA Cup won last year by Wigan Athletic, and won only a few seasons ago by Portsmouth.

Where would we be without Rossies telling us what to think?
MWWSI 2017

ziggy90

Are you trying to say Arsenal will be relegated in the near future?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

trileacman

It ends the pointless jibe of it's been 8 years without a title but the problems at Arsenal still remain. It's not that they are a team in decline or decay it's just the stagnation at the club that seems too hurt. It's surprising really but seeming to take 2 steps forward and 2 steps back is preferable to simply staying still without solving any of the old problems or presenting any new ones.

Congrats really though, you've got to enjoy any victory you get because as many of us know they can often be few and far between!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Shrewdness

Ziggy90, Arsenal have a team laden with top quality players. Someone above said that yesterday's win could be a launchpad to winning the CL. My point was that winning an FA cup guarantees no such thing. Not convinced by Arsenal's defence for latter stages of CL.......Muppet, what the hell has being from Roscommon got to do with what i said.

Billys Boots

Well done Gooners, may it not be as long again.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill

Phew, thank the Lord for that advice. I was thinking of world domination after Saturday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

I am disappointed but not all that surprised Wenger has shown no interest in Cesc.

2 or even 3 out of Arteta/Diaby/Flamini could all be let go with the arrival of Cesc. I know he normally plays further forward but like Roy Keane under Fergie, he could be told to sit and hold behind Ozil and co. Arsenal have a relatively good buyback option as well so really should be going all out. They could always sell him on again.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I don't really understand why Barca would let him leave.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Saffrongael

Quote from: ONeill on June 03, 2014, 10:49:25 PM
I don't really understand why Barca would let him leave.

They must have good reason, looks like he is going to Chelsea who offered him a better deal than Man Utd
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come