Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Delusions of grandeur.
If anybody does the blocking, it's Ziggy.

ONeill

Wilshere showing a bit of form in Ramsey's absence. Gazza-esque body serves in and around the box. Cazorla out of a mini-slump too.

Great to get to January without a shock defeat.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

Arsenal's Theo Walcott ruled out for at least six months with knee injury... He has been seriously unlucky with Injuries
http://t.co/XJOPU6LYTt

Dinny Breen

Now look what you've gone and done O'Neill  >:(

He playing well too.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Bad blow for him with the World Cup.

Good chance for Gnabry or the Ox.

TabClear

Tough for Theo. looked bad at the time but I didn't think it would be so serious. Arsene might have to get the cheque book out in Jan now. Looking a bit light up front with bendtner it and podolski only back. Maybe £40m +£2??  ;)

Walter Cronc

Talk of Wenger looking at Pedro but I can't see any 'big' names moving in Jan!

ONeill

ONeill

All Walcott joking aside, I'm not one bit annoyed for Arsenal. I'm sure Theo is cut up about the World Cup and that's a big pity for him.

I think that for all Walcott's pace/unpredictability/goals (I know I know), his presence worsens the side. I think there's a link between his return and the slight loss in form of Ramsey and Ozil. I've watched nearly every minute of every game and before Theo returned the goals and general play was sublime - passing/movement/ball retention. That Wilshere goal typified the football Wenger tries to play and they were back at that level.

Theo is a conundrum though. He scores goals. He might fcuk up so many plays, make poor runs, poor crosses - but he gets on the ball so often and his confidence never wavers that every now and then the ball goes in. Wenger knows that and that's why he is starting now.

But I'd prefer the controlled passing game and if Oxlade or Gnabry or Podolski fits in there they have the intelligence to play that game and will bring the best out in Ozil and co.

But he does score goals....

Denn Forever

Has Walcott been a regular for England under Hodgson? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ONeill

That was sublime football in the first half. Every attacking player can play the ball at pace accurately.

Wilshere can be a wee balax though with the showboating. No wonder he gets a kicking every game.

ONeill

Feck me. That wasn't good for the heart in the last 20.

Good to see Chamberlain back.

Still would love to see one new face this month.

AZOffaly

Why is Jan Molby down as 'lazy'? Is it because of his weight? You don't get into the positions he did to receive and give passes, and control games, if you are lazy. I notice there's a degree of heft about the team, so maybe what they meant was they wanted to slate Adam and Berbatov, so they filled most of the side with heavy lads after that.

Brolin at his peak wasn't lazy either, he was a bundle of energy.

Good win tonight for l'Arse. If Liverpool can't win it, and they can't, then I hope Arsenal get there. If nothing else it will be a triumph for one man's stubborn refusal to bend his principles in a world gone mad with transfer fees.

Dinny Breen

To an extent but whereas last season you'd expect Villa to equalize I was confident Arsenal would hold out. The BFG gave Cazorla some bollicking after the Villa goal. Great midfield options plenty of chatter around Draxler but would like to see another attacking option and CB come in. Looks like the games between the top 6 will decide the title and Arsenal have 5 of those away!!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere