Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

A bit of a shambles.

OK, Wilshere and Van Persie add a bit of class but Arsenal are very ordinary.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

would have being nice to have an extra goal for next wednesday night. liverpool up next could be interesting. :-[ :-[
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Puckoon

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2011, 09:37:04 PM

да, хорошо я спрашивал у Самира его проход стоянки, и он отдал меня и сказал, что "я - все еще игрок Арсенала Вы небольшое российское влагалище".

gerry

Wenger got his wrists slapped for phoning pat rice during the first half by uefa

Orangemac

Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2011, 11:48:20 AM
It's not a case of doing anything different. It's a matter of player judgement. Buying Squillaci represents what I'm on about. It doesn't have to be about money. Wenger in the past has bought quality players for next to nothing. Success also attracts the type of player Arsenal need to remain at the top.

If other sides start to overtake Arsenal then they'll have a hard job getting back.
Man City have already overtaken Arsenal and it is unlikely Chelsea will slip out of the top4 so Arsenal are battling with Liverpool and possibly Spurs for the 4th spot.

It is about judgement. Squillaci, Kochelny are just 2 examples. The dogs in the street knew Fabregas was going so why wasn't this sorted at the end of the season. £30m invested would have made a big difference, bring in Jagielka £20m, Scott Parker from West Ham and take Shay Given as part of Clichy deal.

Arsenal were rudderless tonight, no backbone and no leaders in the team. Van Persie and Wilshere will help but not enough. There is a sense of sloppiness and drift around Arsenal which should worry Arsenal fans.

The Carling Cup debacle, finishing 2nd in their CL group last year which meant playing Barca, finishing 4th in the league which meant the tough tie they now face.

Dinny Breen

Didn't see the whole game only the highlights but will accentuate the positive.

Successive clean sheets
A goal for Walcott who could progress in the central striker role
Ground out a win, the trademark of champions no?
The quadruple is still on
more game time for Ramsey
Chesney Hawkes is going to top class for the Goons this season.
Gervinho and Chamakh bringing back Hall and Oates...

A Centre-back, a left back, defensive midfielder and a striker please Mr Wenger.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Walcott didn't play the central role.
Chesney was dodgy.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2011, 11:27:39 PM
Walcott didn't play the central role.
Chesney was dodgy.

into central role I meant , only say Chesney's saves not the dodgyness

O'Neill I feel you are starting to drown in the sea of negativity surrounding Arsenal, chin up old bean.
#newbridgeornowhere

gerry

Nasra now saying he is not bitter and angry this morning.  Thanks for clearing that up. Another count of a lazy journalist.

Nanas08 Samir Nasri Official
Just to make things clear i dont have a facebook so i never said i was leaving with bitterness the guy who said that use a fake account

ONeill

How many days left in this transfer window?

Iniesta, Xavi and Messi would be nice. Throw in Vidic, Puyol and Rooney. London life, good football, £5 hotdogs.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: ONeill on August 17, 2011, 10:59:06 AM
How many days left in this transfer window?

Iniesta, Xavi and Messi would be nice. Throw in Vidic, Puyol and Rooney. London life, good football, £5 hotdogs.

here is a surprise;;;;;;;;;;

SOCCER Tottenham Snap

2011-08-17 10:32:27.525 GMT

Aug. 17 (Press Association) -- Tottenham are in talks with Manchester City over a move for striker Emmanuel Adebayor, Spurs manager Harry Redknapp confirmed today.

-0- Aug/17/2011 10:32 GMT

ONeill

Arsene: "Campbell could join the Club, Gervinho has joined the Club, Carl Jenkinson and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have joined the Club and people forget that. "

That's alright then.

Dinny Breen

Looks like Nasri could be gone by tomorrow, £22m for a player in the last year of his contract, £200k a week plus £5m signing on fee. Seriously I know Wenger likes to shop in Aldi but how can any club compete with that  ???

It will be only be good business if Wenger though does a bit of shopping in Harrods. He must has close to £100m to spend so bloody well spend some of it ya tight git....
#newbridgeornowhere

gawa316

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 18, 2011, 11:51:57 AM
Looks like Nasri could be gone by tomorrow, £22m for a player in the last year of his contract, £200k a week plus £5m signing on fee. Seriously I know Wenger likes to shop in Aldi but how can any club compete with that  ???

It will be only be good business if Wenger though does a bit of shopping in Harrods. He must has close to £100m to spend so bloody well spend some of it ya tight git....

Does that include the 30 mil they've already spent this summer?