NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grounded

Antrim giving Down a far tighter encounter than predicted.  Antrim lead 2-08   Down 1-09.  Half time

Itchy

Antrim still 3 ahead, it would be some shock to this division if they could hold on.

Blowitupref

Important win for Down when for long stages it looked like a shock Antrim win.  2-18 to 2-17 result.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Orior

The bubble has quickly burst for much heralded new beginning in Down.

Ah ffs.

Down got a lucky goal and win by a point.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Itchy

I think you'd really have to question the hype about Down, 2-17 conceded at home to Antrim.

FermGael

A wins a win.

Down will be happy to have 4 points and a week off to sort a few things out
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

thewobbler

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2023, 07:49:25 PM
I think you'd really have to question the hype about Down, 2-17 conceded at home to Antrim.

I lol look at it the other way around.

Find me the last time that Down conceded 2.17 (or even close to it) and won the game.

You'll be a long time looking.

Down aren't back. But by f**k we're better.

grounded

Quote from: thewobbler on February 04, 2023, 08:10:42 PM

Find me the last time that Down conceded 2.17 (or even close to it) and won the game.

+1.    Looked like no way back with Antrim 4 points up. Scoring threats, particularly goals from Down again. Moving in right direction, though long long way to go.
          Really enjoyable game, big enough crowd and very exciting end. Unfortunately Barry O Hagan had to be stretched off, looked a serious injury. Big miss for Down.

Itchy

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Antrim are pretty much a Div4 team and I (and bookies) expect them to be back there at end of the league. You say Down are better? Last yr they won no game last year but that was in Div2. You got the 2 points but I'd question how you are "better"

Time will tell whether I've got Antrim wrong, maybe they are better than I'm giving them credit for.

SHEEDY

A real steal from Down at the death, good to get the win and make it two wins from two but that was a real wake up call about how far the squad still have to go. Antrim will be kicking themselves
nil satis nisi optimum

ardtole

Antrim were good tonight. I think they only had 2 wides all night. I could see them staying up

downtothecore

Antrim were excellent tonight. Down done well to get the win. We didnt win a game for 18months so there should no hype.Down will know after tonight they have to try to add to their squad if they are to progress

snoopdog

Down did well to win that. Never looked likely in 2nd half. Gave away 2 very soft goals in 1st half. Antrim were better infront of goals everything went over nearly.  Hope they stay up. Big crowd in Newry. We all know Down gave a way to go but no one left Newry not entertained.  Away to Fermanagh next. That will not be an easy task.

ardtole

It was definitely entertaining, I can't understand how people were leaving when there was only 3 points in it. Murdock in midfield I thought was very good, took his scores well.

grounded

Quote from: Itchy on February 04, 2023, 08:31:06 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Antrim are pretty much a Div4 team and I (and bookies) expect them to be back there at end of the league. You say Down ate better? Well yrs they won no game last year but that was in Div2. You got the 2 points but I'd question how you are "better"

Time will tell whether I've got Antrim wrong, maybe they are better than I'm giving them credit for.

I don't think Down won any competitive games at all last year mcKenna cup, league or championship. I dont think they won any friendly matches either but i'm open to correction.
        The way they were playing they could well have been demoted from division 3 if they had of been in it.