Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

I heard that OHare was ill over Christmas/new year but was due to return to the panel. Whether he has or not though I don't know.

Donnelly picked up a knock v Fermanagh so I'm not sure if he would be available v Cavan.

From reading a few of the Cavan match reports, McVeety at 6 seems to be very influential for Cavan to date, and Lynch who had an impressive debut season last year returned last week at ff and had 10 points.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 27, 2023, 10:22:21 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 27, 2023, 10:53:08 AM
team v Cavan
1. Smyth
2. Collins
3. McAvoy
4. Laverty
5. Morgan
6. Magill
7. Eugene Brannigan
8. Murdock
9. Mason
10. Kerr
11. Ryan J
12. Wee doc
13.Jerome
14. Big Pat
15. Gilly

My god we were crying on here for Kilcoo players to commit and now we have 8 and some people still name a Kilcoo player in starting 15 who is not even training with the squad. When will it end..
I would put Ryan McEvoy in midfield and Niall Donnelly into full back - has experience playing there and doesn't need to drive up the pitch as often as McEvoy. How can you start Collins after that performance on Saturday night is beyond me and Mason is a decent player - but 100% not a county midfielder!
But it's opinions I suppose.

Eugene was at training last week. You should listen more in the staff room ;)

snoopdog

Cavan look a serious outfit. It will be a tough place to go and get a result. With longford at home and Offaly away to follow promotion is in our hands. But if cavan win this weekend then how focused will they be last day against fermanagh.

ardtole

You would have to make Fermanagh slight favourites to sneak ahead of us in the race for promotion. They have the head to head in their favour too.

Their last 3 games are at home to Tipp and Westmeath and last game away to Cavan who in all likelihood will be promoted. They have ridden their luck particularly in the last 2 games so maybe that will even out a bit in the home straight.

5times5times

Quote from: ardtole on February 28, 2023, 10:24:34 AM
You would have to make Fermanagh slight favourites to sneak ahead of us in the race for promotion. They have the head to head in their favour too.

Their last 3 games are at home to Tipp and Westmeath and last game away to Cavan who in all likelihood will be promoted. They have ridden their luck particularly in the last 2 games so maybe that will even out a bit in the home straight.

Haven't we done the exact same vs Antrim and Westmeath??  :o :o :o

ardtole

We were caught by a sucker punch v Fermanagh in between though.

downtothecore

The cavan game is key so a big 70 minutes football needed. We havent played well yet for the full 70 so if we can get the big performance then we will win the game and we then stand a very good chance of promotion.

upandwin

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 27, 2023, 10:22:21 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on February 27, 2023, 10:53:08 AM
team v Cavan
1. Smyth
2. Collins
3. McAvoy
4. Laverty
5. Morgan
6. Magill
7. Eugene Brannigan
8. Murdock
9. Mason
10. Kerr
11. Ryan J
12. Wee doc
13.Jerome
14. Big Pat
15. Gilly

My god we were crying on here for Kilcoo players to commit and now we have 8 and some people still name a Kilcoo player in starting 15 who is not even training with the squad. When will it end..
I would put Ryan McEvoy in midfield and Niall Donnelly into full back - has experience playing there and doesn't need to drive up the pitch as often as McEvoy. How can you start Collins after that performance on Saturday night is beyond me and Mason is a decent player - but 100% not a county midfielder!
But it's opinions I suppose.

Knew there was a reason I stopped looking at this forum. Geney Brannigan is training with the team and you'd put Niall Donnelly at FB? Christ the night I didn't realise this was a parody account JB

wolfofwhitehall

Any white smoke from Kilcoo yet?

Truth hurts

Quote from: wolfofwhitehall on March 01, 2023, 08:18:42 PM
Any white smoke from Kilcoo yet?

They cannot get anyone of the calibre they desire. Too much family rows is stopping Jerome getting it. Laverty will take the reigns when Down are out with Aaron and Aidan Choc training the lads not on the county to then.

Truth hurts

Not one Scor na nog entry from Carryduff, Bredagh, Kilcoo and Bryansford this year. Have clubs decided not to take park for a particular reason. Surely this gives other young people who are not talented at sport to feel part of our organisation.

Lloyd p

Is there a start date for the leagues this year and are the fixtures out yet?

Truth hurts

Quote from: Lloyd p on March 02, 2023, 01:30:45 PM

14th April, 6 weeks tomorrow. You would imagine they will be out this week.

manwithnoplan

Start date is 2nd April.

Back2Winning

Quote from: manwithnoplan on March 02, 2023, 03:14:16 PM

Start date is 2nd April.
Am hearing Div 4 will play 2 matches before the rest of the leagues begin. Sunday 2/4 & Thursday 6/4 with the rest starting on Fri 14/4