MPs unite to fight law that will make abortions available in Northern Ireland

Started by Maguire01, July 24, 2008, 10:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the abortion act be extended to Northern Ireland?

Yes
47 (44.8%)
No
58 (55.2%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Itchy

Its so funny this. Due to DUP Pure Stubborn, Ignorant, Bitterness they have single handedley brought Abortion, Same Sex Marriage to the North and moved the 6 counties close to reuniting with the Republic. Well played lads.

I voted Yes by the way.

five points

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 22, 2019, 12:52:22 PM
Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 10:49:50 AM
It says it all that the pro-death, anti-abortionist cult is now the cause celebre of racist scum like Gemma O'Doherty,

Gemma O'Doherty tweeted support for last year's referendum Yes vote.

If she did she has certainly changed her mind since

How, apart from ranting about it on Twitter? Any gobshite can do that.

RedHand88

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 22, 2019, 12:35:42 PM
I personally dont agree with abortion but it is not my business what others do. I shouldnt have an opinion or a say on what situation other women may find themselves in.

In relation to same sex marriage whats the problem? Two consenting adults wish to get married why should that be of any concern of mine? or anyone elses for that matter.

Of course it is. The whole of society has a vested interest in how it's most vulnerable are protected. Replace abortion with any other act that ends a human life involuntarily and you see how silly it sounds.

Wheny you strip away the pro choice buzz words like "choice" and "rights" you see it for what it is. The ending of a human life in the third trimester of pregnancy and I honestly don't see how anyone would see that as a good thing.

If anyone is wondering, here is a baby at 28 weeks.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-28.aspx

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 22, 2019, 01:07:56 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on October 22, 2019, 12:35:42 PM
I personally dont agree with abortion but it is not my business what others do. I shouldnt have an opinion or a say on what situation other women may find themselves in.

In relation to same sex marriage whats the problem? Two consenting adults wish to get married why should that be of any concern of mine? or anyone elses for that matter.

Of course it is. The whole of society has a vested interest in how it's most vulnerable are protected. Replace abortion with any other act that ends a human life involuntarily and you see how silly it sounds.

Wheny you strip away the pro choice buzz words like "choice" and "rights" you see it for what it is. The ending of a human life in the third trimester of pregnancy and I honestly don't see how anyone would see that as a good thing.

If anyone is wondering, here is a baby at 28 weeks.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-28.aspx

100%

Rossfan

One of mine was born at 28 weeks.
She's now a fine healthy  annoying teenager.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Are there circumstances that pro life campaigners consider abortion?

I know the clue is in the title, but for life limited babies who'll be born with terminal conditions?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

five points

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 22, 2019, 01:34:18 PM
Are there circumstances that pro life campaigners consider abortion?

I know the clue is in the title, but for life limited babies who'll be born with terminal conditions?
Opinions differ. The obvious one is where the pregnancy risks the life of the mother.

BennyCake

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 22, 2019, 12:20:42 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2019, 11:33:30 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on October 22, 2019, 10:43:45 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 22, 2019, 09:56:08 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 22, 2019, 09:53:07 AM
Quote from: trailer on October 22, 2019, 09:34:04 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 22, 2019, 07:54:19 AM
Abortion on demand up to 28 weeks is very difficult for anyone to justify, especially when survival rates for this period of gestation is 80-90%.

My thoughts exactly.

Remember, if you disagree you're just a religious extremist who hates women and wants to control their bodies.

And disagree with SSM, you're just a homophobic dinosaur  ::)

So what would be your reason for disagreeing with SSM

Do I need a reason?

So you don't actually have a reason to be against SSM. Good to know

I didn't say I don't have a reason.

tyrone girl

Something that does really annoy me however is those with such a differing opinion goading me for not agreeing with them.

Close enough family members who are staunchly pro life. Cannot accept that i am pro-choice! I respect their right to have whatever opinion they wish whether i agree or not. Why cant they see that i am also entitled to hold whatever view i wish also  >:(

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 12:33:06 PM
It says it all that the pro-death, anti-abortionist cult is now the cause celebre of racist scum like Gemma O'Doherty,

Gemma O'Doherty tweeted support for last year's referendum Yes vote.
No, she didn't

It's weird that you feel you have to lie about such a matter

O'Doherty is a pro-death, anti-abortionist nutcase

sid waddell

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 22, 2019, 10:53:07 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 22, 2019, 10:34:41 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 10:21:47 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on October 22, 2019, 04:28:59 AM
Letting Westminister forcing their will on Ireland.....nice one from the shinners....  but then they could hardly start claiming they respect life could they?

DUP letting this law in also shows they're not such die hards on this issue as they claim to be
It shows they know there is no votes in it because they know only the doolally fringe object to it

The pro-death, anti-abortion murder cult is finished

It's lucky for a few lads here that they can now get gay married because no self-respecting woman would ever look twice at them

Women don't want to live in Gilead

You do realise AontĂș stood in Ballyarnett Derry City few months ago and got in easy. Sean Carr also stood on similar ticket as independent in Foyleside and got in.  Just dipping their toes and took 2 seats from Shinners.
You do realise Aontu are on 0% in the Republic?

The pro-death anti-abortion cult is finished

People no longer tolerate religious bigots forcing women to travel, or worse, to die because of their insane Saudi-type ideology

The pro-death anti-abortionist cult is no different to the New IRA in their willingness to see women die

It says it all that the pro-death, anti-abortionist cult is now the cause celebre of racist scum like Gemma O'Doherty, and heavily dependent on far right US evangelical funding

US evangelicals are some of the worst people on earth

Go back to the 1860s, oh wait, the Catholic Church actually allowed abortion in the 1860s  ;D

This is not the ROI.
And this is not about religion. It is about human values and morals.
Religious fundamentalists are the last people who should talk about human values and morals

And countries which ban abortion have a higher rate of abortion than those which don't

Taylor

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 22, 2019, 01:42:24 PM
Something that does really annoy me however is those with such a differing opinion goading me for not agreeing with them.

Close enough family members who are staunchly pro life. Cannot accept that i am pro-choice! I respect their right to have whatever opinion they wish whether i agree or not. Why cant they see that i am also entitled to hold whatever view i wish also  >:(

No one is allowed differing views nowadays else the other side will ram their opinion down your throat.

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:00:32 PM
And countries which ban abortion have a higher rate of abortion than those which don't
{{Citation needed}}

RedHand88

Quote from: five points on October 22, 2019, 02:03:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 22, 2019, 02:00:32 PM
{{Citation needed}}

What a load of nonsense. If this was true, shouldn't you be fighting to keep it banned so as to give more women the option of availing of abortion services?