China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Some people will lose 2% of their wages, 2% will lose their lives.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

I've told all my employees that I'll pay them if they're affected (infected?). I think that is the right thing to do.

lurganblue

Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
I've told all my employees that I'll pay them if they're affected (infected?). I think that is the right thing to do.

Do you require proof? There are chancers everywhere.  Here, I feel rotten, I'm away to self isolate for 2 weeks...

armaghniac

Well if the chancers self isolate then they should be at home for 14 days. Anyone out and about should be sacked and prosecuted for fraud. This us is a serious matter and there should be no room for taking the piss.

GetOverTheBar

That's extremely noble of you, fair play. Not many employers will buy into though I would imagine.

trailer

Quote from: lurganblue on March 04, 2020, 09:43:33 AM

Do you require proof? There are chancers everywhere.  Here, I feel rotten, I'm away to self isolate for 2 weeks...

No. We're a small enough business (8 employees) and we treat them as grown ups. I'd like to think no one would be like that, in fact I know they wouldn't. So that's how we approach things. 

BennyHarp

Italy to close all schools and colleges for 2 weeks.
That was never a square ball!!

TheOptimist

Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2020, 11:33:28 AM

No. We're a small enough business (8 employees) and we treat them as grown ups. I'd like to think no one would be like that, in fact I know they wouldn't. So that's how we approach things.

Could put alot of companies out of business that.

Hound

Seems to be a few cases around the "City of London" which could add to the economic consequences if that ramps up

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Hound on March 04, 2020, 01:31:52 PM
Seems to be a few cases around the "City of London" which could add to the economic consequences if that ramps up

Why?

Getting rid of that shower is likely to improve the local economy!
i usse an speelchekor

AFM

Quote from: TheOptimist on March 04, 2020, 01:30:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 04, 2020, 11:33:28 AM

Could put alot of companies out of business that.

UK paying statutory sick pay from day one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51738837

AFM

Italy considering closing all schools and colleges until mid march!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51734185

Harold Disgracey

Two more cases in the wee six.

armaghniac

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 04, 2020, 04:46:50 PM

There are not particularly threatening though, one was in Italy and the other was from contact tracing of someone in England. The system is still working.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: armaghniac on March 04, 2020, 04:53:51 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 04, 2020, 04:46:50 PM

There are not particularly threatening though, one was in Italy and the other was from contact tracing of someone in England. The system is still working.

Which will be more than my payroll system will be doing, if you are to get SSP on day one, for coronavirus or self-isolation & on day 4, for all other complaints. Boris doesn't realise that the payroll software developers will have to do a bit of work on that particular one & then roll it out, all at the end of the tax year too.