China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

The snowflakeitius surrounding this virus appears to be more contagious than the virus itself.

I'll give it 2 more weeks and it will have passed like most flu like viruses.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

AFM

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2020, 02:01:37 PM

Just to be flippant and prove a point, just checked the Irish Govt website there, they are advocating a distance of 1metre between other people - I have since pulled my desk up in my office and told this woman beside me the reasons. I would hate to be responsible for the spread of something (of course something that I don't have and likely within every parameter known so far, won't have).

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a02c5a-what-is-happening/#irelands-response

Contact Tracing
In the event of any confirmed case, a clinician will speak to the patient to get details of places they visited and the people they've been in contact with since they became unwell. This will provide a detailed picture of the people we need to contact, such as family members, colleagues or fellow travellers.

This list of people will be contacted with instruction and advice on what to do if they display symptoms.

If a member of the contact list displays symptoms, we isolate and test this individual and provide treatment, if confirmed.

A close contact involves either face-to-face contact or spending more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of an infected person. We do not contact trace persons that may have passed by on the street or in a shop. The risk of contact in that instance is very low.

So have the virus or your colleague?

AFM

By the way are you going to acknowledge it isn't the flu - or are you just going to ignore your pathetic post and continue with shite talking?

AFM

Quote from: highorlow on March 02, 2020, 02:51:30 PM
The snowflakeitius surrounding this virus appears to be more contagious than the virus itself.

Another bore-feast whose attitude would quickly change if God Forbid it came home to roast in their world.   No one know the full effect of this of how it will mutate why is it is so wrong to take precautions in an era when the world is now a much smaller place and we are all in effect in it together!

armaghniac

You don't know that. It doesn't seem a reasonable experiment to wait and see.
Even if it is less in the summer then the problem will appear in November again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on March 02, 2020, 04:05:21 PM

You don't know that. It doesn't seem a reasonable experiment to wait and see.
Even if it is less in the summer then the problem will appear in November again.

As long as I get away on holidays to northern Italy and back in time for the Hurling finals! Hit every pub! I'll start in Mahers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

I'd imagine this virus is well established in Ireland the UK. Similar to Foot and Mouth it was well spread before authorities got a handle on it.

Saffrongael

I'm sick to the balls hearing about it
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

AFM

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 02, 2020, 07:43:08 PM
I'm sick to the balls hearing about it

My heart bleeds for ya!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2020, 07:42:00 PM
I'd imagine this virus is well established in Ireland the UK. Similar to Foot and Mouth it was well spread before authorities got a handle on it.

Ach, they've been completely asleep at the wheel.

Start with dramatic intervention, then ease off if evidence supports that.

Instead they've f**ked around being softly softly till its too late and by the time they do get the finger out, the seeds will have long since been sown.
i usse an speelchekor

playwiththewind1st

"Another bore-feast whose attitude would quickly change if God Forbid it came home to roast in their world.   No one know the full effect of this of how it will mutate why is it is so wrong to take precautions in an era when the world is now a much smaller place and we are all in effect in it together!"

Forgive me, but I simply can't understand any of that.

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2020, 07:42:00 PM

Ah yes, but foot and mouth was rampant in England and only in a few places here. Big difference.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AFM

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 02, 2020, 09:09:38 PM
"Another bore-feast whose attitude would quickly change if God Forbid it came home to roast in their world.   No one know the full effect of this of how it will mutate why is it is so wrong to take precautions in an era when the world is now a much smaller place and we are all in effect in it together!"

It's ok, ask an adult.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: AFM on March 02, 2020, 09:53:59 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 02, 2020, 09:09:38 PM

It's ok, ask an adult.

Preferably one who can construct a semi intelligent sentence or 2, perhaps?

BennyCake

So, flights cancelled by some airlines due to low demand. Funny they didn't cancel them 2 weeks ago.

Good to know they have the publics interests at heart!