Ireland does Narcos

Started by Therealdonald, July 05, 2018, 11:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Guys and gals, are we in the midst of a Cocaine epidemic in our 32 counties? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed streams of young people walking in and out of bar toilets, shady car park deals and the high end cars. Genuinely worry where we're going in society at the minute. All thoughts and opinions welcomed.

charlieTully

Quote from: Therealdonald on July 05, 2018, 11:29:14 PM
Guys and gals, are we in the midst of a Cocaine epidemic in our 32 counties? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed streams of young people walking in and out of bar toilets, shady car park deals and the high end cars. Genuinely worry where we're going in society at the minute. All thoughts and opinions welcomed.

The gear is a bit shit. Them lurgan lads involved with farc back in the day should get back in touch and get some decent powder imported.

Milltown Row2

To be honest I'd be a thousand times more worried about the crack/heroin problem that's sweeping Belfast at the minute..

If people want to buy shit coke the jog on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2018, 12:05:30 AM
To be honest I'd be a thousand times more worried about the crack/heroin problem that's sweeping Belfast at the minute..

If people want to buy shit coke the jog on

Get what you're saying and whats normally big in Belfast drip feeds out to the country after a while.

Syferus

No one I know touches the stuff. Another poor attempt at a moral panic.

Milltown Row2

I'm seeing it everyday walking through Belfast city centre.. proper off their faces, in small groups and with absolutely no care or shame.. striking me most is the lack media attention it's getting, zero attention.. homelessness yes, but this surge of heroin abuse is being in reported!

Belfast city area is generating huge interest on the the tourist trade, the city bus tours are flat out with all the Cruise liners coming in, but I'm embarrassed by the amount of vagrants begging on the streets and the amount of times I've seen paramedics resuscitate addicts in the past few months is staggering!

But it's not news as we'd much prefer to hear about other shit, on the hill politics, referendums, border polls, lgbt rights and rape trials!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2018, 12:36:24 AM
I'm seeing it everyday walking through Belfast city centre.. proper off their faces, in small groups and with absolutely no care or shame.. striking me most is the lack media attention it's getting, zero attention.. homelessness yes, but this surge of heroin abuse is being in reported!

Belfast city area is generating huge interest on the the tourist trade, the city bus tours are flat out with all the Cruise liners coming in, but I'm embarrassed by the amount of vagrants begging on the streets and the amount of times I've seen paramedics resuscitate addicts in the past few months is staggering!

But it's not news as we'd much prefer to hear about other shit, on the hill politics, referendums, border polls, lgbt rights and rape trials!

Fûck off, you repugnant reptilian creature.

Insane Bolt

Coke everywhere in my hometown, heroin addicts now number about 40, crack on the up also. Count yourself fortunate if it has not reached your neck of the woods....but it's on the way. The money to be made by dealers is phenomenal and the deterrent non existent 😡

bennydorano

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2018, 12:32:03 AM
Speak to Bar owners in any size of a town and I'm sure you'd get your eyes opened. I wasn't really aware of the scale of things until a couple of years ago.

Stan Laurel

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2018, 01:01:30 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 06, 2018, 12:36:24 AM

Fûck off, you repugnant reptilian creature.

+1, complete ball bag of a human being.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: bennydorano on July 06, 2018, 07:16:49 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2018, 12:32:03 AM
Speak to Bar owners in any size of a town and I'm sure you'd get your eyes opened. I wasn't really aware of the scale of things until a couple of years ago.

Owners having to smear Vaseline on cistern tops to stop them being used for lining up the coke.

brokencrossbar1

Anyone who denies there's a problem with drugs in this country is fooling themselves. It's not the young ones either. All ages are taking it from all classes and backgrounds. I wouldnt be surprised if some of our more established GAA players partake on a regular basis. I've been out on nights and it's been rife among all sorts.

gallsman

Young people, particularly school leavers and students, are far far more into coke and other drugs than anyone of my generation would have been 10-15 years ago.

We simply didn't touch the stuff, wouldn't have known how to get it even if we wanted. Have met students over here who've told me that can't remember the last weekend they didn't do coke. People dying from taking Lyrica etc

Saying people are just trying to create moral panic is moronic.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 06, 2018, 07:53:16 AM
Anyone who denies there's a problem with drugs in this country is fooling themselves. It's not the young ones either. All ages are taking it from all classes and backgrounds. I wouldnt be surprised if some of our more established GAA players partake on a regular basis. I've been out on nights and it's been rife among all sorts.
Yep it's scary how common it is , (and not just in large town's/cities )

Esmarelda

There's only way to deal with the issue and that's to keep doing the same thing we've always done.