Scottish independence referendum thread

Started by deiseach, September 07, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you have/had a vote, how will/would you vote?

Yes
122 (87.8%)
No
17 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: September 18, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

Milltown Row2

Out of interest do all the voters from the SNP vote independence ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

18th poll in a row showing majority for independence

Yes 51% (-1)
No 38% (-)
Undecided 10% (-)

w/o Undecided
Yes 57% (-1)
No 43% (+1)

SNP to get majority in election

SNP 53% (-2)
Conservative 19% (-1)
Labour 18% (+2)
LD 6% (-)
Other 4% (+1)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Does the SNP calling out Bojo today for his visit to a Vaccine factory in Scotland as unnecessary travel seem a bit wankerish?? Not sure what they think that will achieve tbh.

general_lee

Quote from: bennydorano on January 28, 2021, 06:15:37 PM
Does the SNP calling out Bojo today for his visit to a Vaccine factory in Scotland as unnecessary travel seem a bit wankerish?? Not sure what they think that will achieve tbh.
Not in the slightest. Considering the only purpose of his trip was to try and butter people up. He reckons the independence debate is  'irrelevant' to most Scots

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

I'd say most Scots are more concerned these days with staying alive, keeping their jobs, feeding their families and trying not to go away in the head.

Main Street

Johnson can't even lie competently as he mumbles and stumbles his way around a laboratory in Scotland with his hair in a mess, telling the Scots that they have never had it so good, are fed up with all this pointless constitutional wrangling and don't want another referendum.

Meanwhile as the support for an independent Scotland goes up another notch and the Scot Tory support sinks even lower, campaigners let it be known that their best course of action is to follow  Napoleon's advice  "never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake".

imtommygunn

Yeah I honestly think Johnson visiting Scotland was probably a boost for the SNP lol.

bennydorano

Salmond could be a huge thorn in Sturgeon & the SNP's side for a while, he will undoubtedly be assisted by all pro-union media. Sturgeon gets brought down and it's hard to see who else can deliver Independence.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: bennydorano on January 30, 2021, 04:13:26 PM
Salmond could be a huge thorn in Sturgeon & the SNP's side for a while, he will undoubtedly be assisted by all pro-union media. Sturgeon gets brought down and it's hard to see who else can deliver Independence.
I admit that I am totally clueless here. I thought Salmond was pro-independence as well as Sturgeon and that their differences were down to personal issues. Am I missing something?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ned

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 31, 2021, 12:35:03 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 30, 2021, 04:13:26 PM
I admit that I am totally clueless here. I thought Salmond was pro-independence as well as Sturgeon and that their differences were down to personal issues. Am I missing something?

No. It just suits the union side to have SNP bickering front and centre as they know this is their best chance of winning any future referendum.

Main Street

restorepride

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2021, 12:04:49 PM
Yeah I honestly think Johnson visiting Scotland was probably a boost for the SNP lol.
+1