season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

There will be a small allocation of crap tickets for the Armagh Tyrone and Meath Dublin games only, available via ticketmaster.  Season ticket holders will get one reasonably good seat each, as far as I'm aware.The vast majority of tickets for these two fixtures will be distributed via clubs.

The opportunity to buy extra tickets for  seats adjacent to them will be open to season ticket holders for championship games with less appeal than these two

donelli

Got the response from the gaa....

We hope to give Season Ticket Holders the option to purchase additional tickets for the Championship like what has been done for a few League matches. When confirmed we will be sending an e-mail with full information.

Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office

The GAA

Is that the exact wording of their response?

donelli

Quote from: The GAA on May 07, 2009, 10:30:09 AM

Is that the exact wording of their response?

Copy paste job

The GAA

Jesus. Terrible english altogether.

Maguire01

"like what has been done"  :P

armaghniac

Quote"like what has been done"

Is that a new tense?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rosnarun

no past tense of did . much in this sense used in colloquial hiberno-English
can you not understand the meaning is ?
if you do than it is sufficiently 'good English' surely
But not every one wants to be a good englander
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

T Fearon

Reminds me of the time when I represented my club at Armagh County Board Sub Committee Meetings, and the treasurer a rather officious type, cited the follwing clubs as "currently being in arrears with competition fees". The representative of one of the clubs shouted out (as soon as he heard his club's name) "Well we're fit to pay ye now!" :D :D :D :D

A more appropriate response would of course have been "We were experiencing severe cash flow and liquidity difficulties but these have abated and as a consequence we are in a position to now address our arrears problem, and we apologise for any inconvenience or embarrasment caused!" Then again the club was from the wilds of South Armagh ;D

southderryman

Emailed them today to find out the craic because derry and monaghan is an all ticket game and wanted to know if i could buy extra tickets or would i need to order through a club, here's the response they sent:

Re: Derry v Monaghan 24th May‏
Sent: 07 May 2009 13:22:16
To:  ************@hotmail.com

*******, a chara,

We will be sending tickets out to you in advance of the Derry v Monaghan game. Also an e-mail will follow soon giving you the option to purchase 2 additional tickets for this fixture. The tickets will be good covered stand seats.

Le meas,
GAA Ticket Office

near forgot myself the game was at celtic park when i saw the bit in bold  :D

ExiledGael

Was past it last week and there looked to be a brand new covered seated stand on the Lone Moor road end.

southderryman

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 07, 2009, 08:12:34 PM
Was past it last week and there looked to be a brand new covered seated stand on the Lone Moor road end.

there is

Maguire01

Quote from: rosnarun on May 07, 2009, 01:45:36 PM
no past tense of did . much in this sense used in colloquial hiberno-English
can you not understand the meaning is ?
if you do than it is sufficiently 'good English' surely
But not every one wants to be a good englander
Clearly not.

T Fearon

Those two words, "Celtic Park" look well out of place on a red seated background ;)

So season ticket holders are actually being sent tickets ahead of championship games

southderryman

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2009, 11:04:17 AM
Those two words, "Celtic Park" look well out of place on a red seated background ;)

So season ticket holders are actually being sent tickets ahead of championship games

not a big fan of it myself, would look better on green seats  ;)

but i'd rather they had went with: DOIRE, with a letter in each section. even so, an improvement on them horrible concrete seats, although its still in the wrong part of the county.

aye i thought that was strange myself. i was under the impression they just scanned you season ticket again  ???