Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

The UK paid less than the overseas aid budget as am EU member. So far Brexit costs 5.5% of GDP.
Unbelievable,  Jeff

general_lee

McBurney Transport sold in multi-million pound deal. Earlier this year they bemoaned the NIP, despite having posted record profits for 2021. The negative impacts don't seem to have had to much affect on this deal either.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2022, 12:06:08 PM
McBurney Transport sold in multi-million pound deal. Earlier this year they bemoaned the NIP, despite having posted record profits for 2021. The negative impacts don't seem to have had to much affect on this deal either.

£147 million, I'm sure at this point he doesn't care about the protocol, besides everyone complains about extra paperwork and hoops to jump through but as you say they managed to sort it out!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pbat

In the mid nineties while still at school I had a part-time job as a store man in a major Irish supermarket in Newry. One glorious sunny day a Mc Burney transport lorry arrived into the yard and the driver must have forgot himself and jumped out in a wife beater, with a lovely tattoo of the UVF on his shoulder. The two forklift drivers refused to off load him, the supermarket had a fairly well known and ferocious store manager at the time. The driver was told in no uncertain terms were to go and I never seen another Mc Burney lorry in the yard again in my 3 years there. I know you shouldn't judge a company on one employee but I have ever since. And wee Jeff and the bullshit a few months ago that they were on the verge of bankruptcy because of the Protocol confirmed what I always thought, a shower of orange bigots.   

Milltown Row2

Are we banning businesses who have an employee with tattoos of paramilitaries? Where do we stop with that one?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2022, 01:42:11 PM
Are we banning businesses who have an employee with tattoos of paramilitaries? Where do we stop with that one?

Banning tattoos generally would solve the problem.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 30, 2022, 01:58:26 PM

Have you had a look around you lately? Tattoos are everywhere, if someone has a shamrock tattoo do we not employ them?

general_lee

Just the employees, pretty simple.

pbat

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2022, 02:05:14 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 30, 2022, 01:58:26 PM

Have you had a look around you lately? Tattoos are everywhere, if someone has a shamrock tattoo do we not employ them?

You cant ban them but you can be expected to cover them up if they are in anyway political. I've seen local dickheads return from Santa Ponsa with "IRA" tattoos who had as much involvement in it than the man on the moon, but if I was asking them to represent my company on the road Id expect them to hide them.  I'm sure if a teacher got an inappropriate tat on their neck above the collar line it would become an issue and rightly so.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2022, 02:20:15 PM

Have you a list of tattoos you feel will fit the bill?

Shamrocks, poppies? Tricolours union jacks, UVF, IRA and so on?

Someone posted something on here recently saying things we do when we are young shouldn't define us when we are older and wiser

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2022, 02:24:00 PM

Someone posted something on here recently saying things we do when we are young shouldn't define us when we are older and wiser

If you are a bollix when you are younger then you should wear a long sleeved shirt when you are older.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 30, 2022, 02:26:00 PM

If you are a bollix when you are younger then you should wear a long sleeved shirt when you are older.

Yeah but branding the company as bigots is a bit extreme

general_lee

There are some basic requirements of employees when representing a business and providing a good image is one of them. It's up to an employer to determine what they deem suitable or unsuitable, I'd say UVF tattoos would fall under the latter. I certainly wouldn't hire anyone with a UVF or poppy tattoo, especially if they insisted on displaying it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2022, 02:33:32 PM

There are some basic requirements of employees when representing a business and providing a good image is one of them. It's up to an employer to determine what they deem suitable or unsuitable, I'd say UVF tattoos would fall under the latter. I certainly wouldn't hire anyone with a UVF or poppy tattoo, especially if they insisted on displaying it.

All tattoos of that nature I assume?  IRA and tricolour shamrocks would fall into that category?

general_lee

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2022, 02:39:01 PM
Quote from: general_lee on December 30, 2022, 02:33:32 PM

All tattoos of that nature I assume?  IRA and tricolour shamrocks would fall into that category?
Not sure of the significance of a shamrock tattoo that puts it  in the same category as paramilitary tattoos. Obviously an IRA tattoo would be a straight no.