Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 27, 2019, 02:56:43 PM
Thank God there wasn't boys like you around Germany in the late 80s.

There were. But things in Germany came to a head very quickly and there was a general national spirit and a determination to get on with things.
I expect a similar thing to happen in Ireland.

However, it is appropriate to try and fight the Brexit loonies and ensure there isn't a crisis, so that this can be done in a more orderly manner.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Sammy Wilson MP
@eastantrimmp
I will be enquiring as to who gave the Irish Foreign Minister access and permission to use Parliament Buildings for a press conference to attack the UK Prime Minister. If courtesies are going to be disrespected, then the matter will have to be carefully looked at.

Sammy has went full gammon.

playwiththewind1st

As if anyone in the DUP ever knew anything about 'courtesy' in the first place.

Godsown

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 27, 2019, 07:17:12 PM

Sammy Wilson MP
@eastantrimmp

I think you will be hearing from the Leader of the House of Commons with regard to your grammar Sir! Innit?

balladmaker

Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2019, 12:07:11 PM
Johnson is going for an election . If he gets a majority he can shaft the DUP
and impose the backstop between the 2 islands

That's it exactly ... he's going for the hardline Brexit stance to hoover up the Brexit party's support at GE, and return with a solid majority so he can put May's deal through but with a NI only backstop i.e. customs border down the Irish Sea ... Brexit is delivered whilst the DUP are under the bus.

imtommygunn

Also thinking that and trying to win over northern England with these promises.

t_mac

The Boris bounce has Tories riding high.

bennydorano

Quote from: balladmaker on July 27, 2019, 08:50:13 PM

That's it exactly ... he's going for the hardline Brexit stance to hoover up the Brexit party's support at GE, and return with a solid majority so he can put May's deal through but with a NI only backstop i.e. customs border down the Irish Sea ... Brexit is delivered whilst the DUP are under the bus.
But he can't do all that before Halloween.

balladmaker

Quote from: bennydorano on July 28, 2019, 10:39:15 AM

He's doesn't have to do it before Halloween ... Brexit ain't going to happen by Oct 31, with Parliament blocking a no deal.  So Boris propaganda will go into overdrive, the British people have been wronged by parliament, parliament are scuppering the democratic will of the people etc etc .... only one way to sort it, a GE, and Boris has the high moral ground as being the champion of Bexit.  It's a highly risky strategy, but I think that's his only plan at present.

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on July 28, 2019, 11:26:50 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 28, 2019, 10:39:15 AM

He's doesn't have to do it before Halloween ... Brexit ain't going to happen by Oct 31, with Parliament blocking a no deal.  So Boris propaganda will go into overdrive, the British people have been wronged by parliament, parliament are scuppering the democratic will of the people etc etc .... only one way to sort it, a GE, and Boris has the high moral ground as being the champion of Bexit.  It's a highly risky strategy, but I think that's his only plan at present.

That's his plan, absolutely. Labour should be in a strong position, but under their useless leader they are unable to capitalise. The actual result of the election would be tricky though, it would depend on the range of Lib Dem and Brexit Party  candidates and whether people will vote tactically in given constituencies.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Quote from: Godsown on July 27, 2019, 08:49:05 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 27, 2019, 07:17:12 PM

Sammy Wilson MP
@eastantrimmp

I think you will be hearing from the Leader of the House of Commons with regard to your grammar Sir! Innit?

The gammon is of course measured in pounds, not kilos. So it's all good.

t_mac

RedHand88

Quote from: t_mac on July 29, 2019, 01:06:48 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-northern-ireland-direct-rule-dominic-raab-boris-johnson-a9024801.html

Back to the good old days of direct rule, the Shinners are playing a blinder.

If only the right honourable member for West Tyrone spoke in the commons. Then Boris would see the light and become completely reasonable.  :P

t_mac

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 29, 2019, 01:27:28 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-northern-ireland-direct-rule-dominic-raab-boris-johnson-a9024801.html

If only the right honourable member for West Tyrone spoke in the commons. Then Boris would see the light and become completely reasonable.  :P

Or maybe if they took their seats in Stormont, but no Shinners want as much chaos as possible with as many economic causalities as possible (none of which will be themselves) so that they can pursue a United Ireland. 

BennyCake

Quote from: t_mac on July 29, 2019, 01:50:12 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 29, 2019, 01:27:28 PM

Or maybe if they took their seats in Stormont, but no Shinners want as much chaos as possible with as many economic causalities as possible (none of which will be themselves) so that they can pursue a United Ireland.

That's how they stay relevant.