Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Hereiam

We need to get off this sinking ship and quickly

balladmaker

So it's looking very likely that Bonking Boris will be next UK PM .... bring on chaos, a no deal Brexit,  the collapse of the NI economy in weeks and the certainty of a border poll that will follow ... when historian's review the death of the 'precious Union' and northern Unionism, it will be the greatest WTF moment in history!

Great piece today by Tony Connolly:

https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2019/0614/1055418-double-whammy-a-no-deal-brexit-and-northern-ireland/

seafoid

George Freeman MP

« Age is now the dividing line in politics. And the ⁦
‪@Conservatives‬
Party is⁩ the wrong side of it:

51 is the new tipping point: Labour dominate below

support <25 now at 10

If this isn't tackled, fast, the Party will die w its support base »

Politico how the UK lost the Brexit battle

https://www.politico.eu/article/how-uk-lost-brexit-eu-negotiation/

macdanger2

Quote from: balladmaker on June 15, 2019, 01:45:13 PM
So it's looking very likely that Bonking Boris will be next UK PM .... bring on chaos, a no deal Brexit,  the collapse of the NI economy in weeks and the certainty of a border poll that will follow ... when historian's review the death of the 'precious Union' and northern Unionism, it will be the greatest WTF moment in history!

Great piece today by Tony Connolly:

https://www.rte.ie/news/analysis-and-comment/2019/0614/1055418-double-whammy-a-no-deal-brexit-and-northern-ireland/

Makes for grim reading. Seems like farmers (the DUP voting base?) will be hit hardest

bennydorano

This Channel 4 Next PM debate is arse clenching stuff.

balladmaker

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2019, 06:48:36 PM

Missed the first 20 min, has north of Ireland and border been mentioned yet?

bennydorano

I missed it if it was the.

Didn't think that format lent itself to having a 'winner' as such. Still think Gove is the most capable of them all.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2019, 08:01:24 PM

Didn't think that format lent itself to having a 'winner' as such. Still think Gove is the most capable of them all.

Based on what exactly?

michaelg

Quote from: balladmaker on June 16, 2019, 07:25:33 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2019, 06:48:36 PM

Missed the first 20 min, has north of Ireland and border been mentioned yet?
Don't think Donegal got a mention.

bennydorano

Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 16, 2019, 08:10:11 PM

Based on what exactly?
On my opinion

Walter Cronc

Stewart came out of it best followed by Hunt. Jeez even Sajid spoke better than Gove who was all soundbites and arse licking. Raab a bumbling fool and was roasted over suspending parliament. Apparently he was a lawyer once. God knows how these lads get through a university degree!

Insane Bolt

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2019, 08:29:35 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 16, 2019, 08:10:11 PM

Based on what exactly?
On my opinion

Very Gove like😂

bennydorano

Stewart comes across as the most sensible mainly because he's a left leaning Tory and speaks for the sensible majority, he can articulate himself whereas Raab & javid can't. He's never going to win, he'll likely not even make the cut for Tuesday night's debate. It's also been suggested he's a stalking horse for Gove!  Gove was clearly intensely coached and the most serious & professional in his approach - whether that'll do him in good in this format is anyone's guess, but I'd guess there were a lot of highly paid professionals used in his approach. Hunt was way better than I expected from him tbh as he's generally consistently awful imo.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bennydorano on June 16, 2019, 08:52:51 PM
Stewart comes across as the most sensible mainly because he's a left leaning Tory and speaks for the sensible majority, he can articulate himself whereas Raab & javid can't. He's never going to win, he'll likely not even make the cut for Tuesday night's debate. It's also been suggested he's a stalking horse for Gove!  Gove was clearly intensely coached and the most serious & professional in his approach - whether that'll do him in good in this format is anyone's guess, but I'd guess there were a lot of highly paid professionals used in his approach. Hunt was way better than I expected from him tbh as he's generally consistently awful imo.

Benny what you mean by stalking horse? That some way Stewart and Gove are in cahoots?