Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

British fuel companies buy the oil in dollars so as the pound has fallen the price of fuel is set to go up quite quickly. It has went up 4p in the last week as the dearer fuel come into the market

imtommygunn

The freedom of trade and freedom of movement of people is one which I suspect a lot of people did not know about / understand.

I think *some* of the leavers get a tough break but that whole taking britain back etc would make you sick. Then you see bonfires up here with foreigners out etc and hate crimes up across the board. It's hard not to want it to be turned round.

Yeah as someone said before fuel will go up and so will food soon enough. Then there will be less spending in all of our industries and will hit most if not all of us.

Applesisapples

On Chilcot, it said many things including that the intelligence was flawed, and wholly peaceful means were not fully explored. What it did not say was that Blair deliberately lied to justify the invasion. It is accepted that Bush was going in with or without the Brits, what Blair did was give him cover. I don't agree with the decision. What we now have is anti Blairites including the local Unionist Parties having a go. The laugh is the Unionists would vote for war any time it comes up irrespective of evidence.

On Brexit, the leave campaigners misled us on the money available when we exit the EU to spend on the NHS. They mis led us on the likely fallout which is now there for all to see. Unfortunately most of the remain side where chancers not trusted by large swathes of English voters.

Applesisapples

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2016, 09:15:41 AM
The freedom of trade and freedom of movement of people is one which I suspect a lot of people did not know about / understand.

I think *some* of the leavers get a tough break but that whole taking britain back etc would make you sick. Then you see bonfires up here with foreigners out etc and hate crimes up across the board. It's hard not to want it to be turned round.

Yeah as someone said before fuel will go up and so will food soon enough. Then there will be less spending in all of our industries and will hit most if not all of us.
That is the loyalist mind set, I think LAD posted a picture yesterday of King Billy saying "I'm a foreigner too". You couldn't make it up.

imtommygunn

they posted a thing on Facebook there with a phone in from talkback. Some guy phoned in and was irate that when people saw palettes with graffiti saying foreigners out on them that they thought it meant all foreigners out.

What he said it actually meant was foreigner murders, paedophiles, rapists and in general criminals out but they just hadn't the space to say it lol. All true rest were ok.You couldn't make it up.

the leave thing reminds me a lot about the 11 plus thing over here. Ok let's stop this. Right we've stopped it. Ok what do we do. Ah I'm not sure really. Sums up politics and cheap point scoring in general that takes place in it.

seafoid

In the last 15 years in the UK there have been the Iraq mess, the collapse of RBS and Brexit. Send her victorious happy and glorious.

haranguerer

Quote from: Franko on July 07, 2016, 09:06:52 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 07, 2016, 08:50:31 AM
Quote from: Franko on July 06, 2016, 05:59:56 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 06, 2016, 02:04:12 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 06, 2016, 12:27:32 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2016, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 05, 2016, 09:31:57 PM
Haranguerer and macdanger, do you live in the 6 co's?

No

I thought as much, given the flippant nature of your 'you must accept the vote' statements.

Well, you clearly thought wrong, given that I do.

And the irony of you labelling our saying democracy should be accepted and respected as 'flippant' is delightful  ;D

You're clearly suggesting that we don't accept the vote. What do we do?

How can a vote based on total lies be described as truly democratic?  I wish I knew what could be done from here but there has to be a political way to soften the blow - possibly some sort of Brexit 'lite' that could be negotiated to placate the idiots (and I mean idiots) who voted leave but at the same time respecting the 'democratic' will.

Well, I say we need to respect democracy, and you say you don't know what to do, so until you do, I think we should go with my suggestion.

Also, just out of interest - can you give me the specific examples of the 'total lies' the Leave side told?

If you need me to do this, you clearly haven't been following events too closely.  With that, I hope you'll forgive me if I disagree with your suggestion.

;D Yes, its probably best that you extricate yourself from your ridiculous position.

haranguerer

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 07, 2016, 09:22:21 AM
they posted a thing on Facebook there with a phone in from talkback. Some guy phoned in and was irate that when people saw palettes with graffiti saying foreigners out on them that they thought it meant all foreigners out.

What he said it actually meant was foreigner murders, paedophiles, rapists and in general criminals out but they just hadn't the space to say it lol. All true rest were ok.You couldn't make it up.

the leave thing reminds me a lot about the 11 plus thing over here. Ok let's stop this. Right we've stopped it. Ok what do we do. Ah I'm not sure really. Sums up politics and cheap point scoring in general that takes place in it.

'They just worded it wrong' - actual quote  ;D ;D ;D

Hereiam

The middle east has to be kept in turmoil due to it being an oil rich part of the world. If America and Britain could do the same to Russia they would.

haranguerer

Rossfan

Cheap oil and exploitation by Yankee big business ( who of course fund the Yankee politicians).
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

haranguerer

Quote from: Rossfan on July 07, 2016, 11:36:09 AM
Cheap oil and exploitation by Yankee big business ( who of course fund the Yankee politicians).

How does keeping it in turmoil make it cheaper? And how much does it cost to keep it in turmoil?

NAG1

Quote from: haranguerer on July 07, 2016, 01:52:53 PM

How does keeping it in turmoil make it cheaper? And how much does it cost to keep it in turmoil?

Yeah I think this theory has been over played.
Stability and extra trading partners would contribute as equally to world economic stability as continually fueling wars which are counterproductive long term.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on July 07, 2016, 01:58:11 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on July 07, 2016, 01:52:53 PM

Yeah I think this theory has been over played.
Stability and extra trading partners would contribute as equally to world economic stability as continually fueling wars which are counterproductive long term.

Not if you are one of the worlds biggest arms exporter it doesn't.