Connacht Club Championships 2019

Started by Rossfan, September 23, 2019, 03:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 04, 2019, 07:10:05 PM
Such a tonic to hear that super p.... O Hara so upset after the club semi-final, ranted for 10 minutes on Ocean fm, trowing a wobbly after a 10 point defeat and after your forwards manage just one point of your 6 point total is fairly tipical O Hara.
He even referred to Roscommon as one of the big counties ;D.
Well I have news for you Eamon, Sligo has a bigger population than Ros but only half the guts.

Eamonn was naturally disappointed at losing a game he felt they could have won.  You are a total w**ker, love to rub it in.  Pathetic clown.

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Cunny Funt

Fixtures for this weekend

SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Semi Finals 10th Nov 2pm

Corofin v Ballintubber – Tuam Stadium

Tír Chonall Gaels v Padraig Pearses – Ruislip

INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Semi Finals 9th Nov 2pm

Geevagh v The Neale – Markeivicz Park

Oughterard v Tulsk – Dr Hyde Park

JUNIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Semi Final 9th Nov 2pm

Kilmaine v Ballinameen – MacHale Park

TheGreatest

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 04, 2019, 11:36:22 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on November 04, 2019, 12:08:56 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 03, 2019, 03:35:16 PM
7 Galway titles in a row for Corofin. Won the replay 0-11 to 0-8.  Ballintubber v Corofin next Sunday.

A great achievement, are people in Galway getting a bit "why bother" if the same team is winning all the time. Are they looking to change the format to give the lesser teams a chance, is there bitterness towards Corofin?

You decided to log in under your other user name?

Anyway, Corofin don't get special over the top funding from the GAA.
Do Corofin have an incredible backroom team?
They don't have all home games to win their county, Provincial and All Ireland titles.
What is a home game worth in extra points to a home side?
Does the referee give 50/50 decisions to the home side?
I'm sure there is a level of envy within the county, but on the national stage Corofin can lose to anybody.

I dont want to pollute the thread with crap like the above. Apologies to the Connaught folk. It was a genuine question of how other people within Galway feel about Corfins dominance.

1. Dublin senior footballers dont get any funding from the GAA, if they do its the same as other teams. If you are talking about the development money for school children, a recent study has confirmed Dublin are underfunded.
2. The only home games Dublin play are in the O Bryne cup, Dublin use a stadium they cant even train in for the home games, a disadvantage.
3. The Dublin senior fooball team uses half the money on preparation of their team annually compared to Mayo, a disavantage
4. Dublins training facility in Innisfails is miles, and i mean miles behind other countys with the nice new centre of excellence, there is a slant on the pitch and no hot water some times, a disadvantage.

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 05, 2019, 07:55:01 AM
7 Galway titles in a row for Corofin. Won the replay 0-11 to 0-8.  Ballintubber v Corofin next Sunday.

A great achievement, are people in Galway getting a bit "why bother" if the same team is winning all the time. Are they looking to change the format to give the lesser teams a chance, is there bitterness towards Corofin?

They don't have all home games to win their county, Provincial and All Ireland titles.
I'm sure there is a level of envy within the county, but on the national stage Corofin can lose to anybody.

I dont want to pollute the thread with crap like the above. Apologies to the Connaught folk. It was a genuine question of how other people within Galway feel about Corfins dominance.

1. Dublin senior footballers dont get any funding from the GAA, if they do its the same as other teams. If you are talking about the development money for school children, a recent study has confirmed Dublin are underfunded.
2. The only home games Dublin play are in the O Bryne cup, Dublin use a stadium they cant even train in for the home games, a disadvantage.
3. The Dublin senior fooball team uses half the money on preparation of their team annually compared to Mayo, a disavantage
4. Dublins training facility in Innisfails is miles, and i mean miles behind other countys with the nice new centre of excellence, there is a slant on the pitch and no hot water some times, a disadvantage.

I'll be shouting again for Dublin next year. You have a supreme collection of players who have been developed magnificently from their formative years. Money well spent that was given from Governments and the GAA. They have made Croke Park a fortress, where they enjoy the huge support of the Hill. For a Dub to call Croke Park anything other than Home is one of the greatest modern lies. If it isn't why do the GAA sell the Dubs Hill 16 Season tickets? Their is a pick and choose with facilities within the Capital and no need for investment in this area, so don't poor mouth me on this.

You asked a simple question in relation to Corofin and you got an answer that did not suit.

giveballaghback

Quote from: sligoman2 on November 05, 2019, 12:02:41 AM
Such a tonic to hear that super p.... O Hara so upset after the club semi-final, ranted for 10 minutes on Ocean fm, trowing a wobbly after a 10 point defeat and after your forwards manage just one point of your 6 point total is fairly tipical O Hara.
Well I have news for you Eamon, Sligo has a bigger population than Ros but only half the guts.

Eamonn was naturally disappointed at losing a game he felt they could have won.  You are a total w**ker, love to rub it in.  Pathetic clown.
Sligoman2 and mano upset, this is real bonus country.

magpie seanie

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 05, 2019, 07:54:49 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on November 05, 2019, 12:02:41 AM

Sligoman2 and mano upset, this is real bonus country.

Their club lost. What do you expect? Seriously.

Tatler Jack

QuoteI dont want to pollute the thread with crap like the above. Apologies to the Connaught folk. It was a genuine question of how other people within Galway feel about Corfins dominance.

You are polluting it with not knowing the spelling of the province.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Tatler Jack on November 06, 2019, 12:08:20 PM
QuoteI dont want to pollute the thread with crap like the above. Apologies to the Connaught folk. It was a genuine question of how other people within Galway feel about Corfins dominance.

Misspelling you mean, is that the best you have, obviously have too much time on your hands....

A genuine question, how do fans and players of other clubs in Galway feel about Corofins dominance? or anyone from Armagh (Cross) or Laois (Port) etc,.

joemamas

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 06, 2019, 03:08:06 PM

Misspelling you mean, is that the best you have, obviously have too much time on your hands....

A genuine question, how do fans and players of other clubs in Galway feel about Corofins dominance? or anyone from Armagh (Cross) or Laois (Port) etc,.

Thank you "the greatest " aka  Kerryforsams
Time for a new name again

TheGreatest

Quote from: joemamas on November 06, 2019, 06:54:51 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on November 06, 2019, 03:08:06 PM

Thank you "the greatest " aka  Kerryforsams
Time for a new name again

Defintley not me, i have had two names on this forum, the aristocrat and the greatest. I never denied it, i lost my previous log ins so set up a new account.

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Blowitupref

Will be a Mayo v Galway intermediate Connacht final between two clubs close to each other. Mayo v Sligo junior final.

Results from this afternoon.

The Neale  4-13 Geevagh 1-11
Tulsk 1-8 Qugherard 2-16
Kilmaine 3-20 Ballinameen 0-6

Connacht senior semi finals on tomorrow at 2pm.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 05, 2019, 07:55:01 AM

1. Where does all the AIG money go so? It goes to Dublin GAA then straight to the county teams
2. Why do Dublin get the same dressing room for every game in Croke Park?
3. I'd be worried if the mileage bill for Dublin players was as high as mayo because (a) most of their players have free cars and (b) most of them live and work at home, in their own county.
4. Dublin use plenty of top class facilities in the capital, which they have to pay a nice fee to use.

Blowitupref

Half times in the semi finals

Tír Chonaill Gaels 0-2 Pádraig Pearses 1-6
Corofin 0-5 Ballintubber 0-4.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Corofin 0-5 Ballintubber 0-4 at half time
with 3 cards for Ballintubber
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

One point in it. Corofin ahead but Ballintubber finishing strongly
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU