Connacht Club Championships 2019

Started by Rossfan, September 23, 2019, 03:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

According to the Irish times report Tourlestrane scorers was
A McIntyre (0-1), J Leonard (0-1) two defenders, C Henry (0-3, 1f) named in midfield and L Gaughan (0-1, 1f) a forward.

Tourlestrane scored 4-18, 2-21, 2-19, 2-17 in some of their Sligo championship matches this year, obviously a big step up today but can't be too pleased with their scoring returning especially when 19 year old Paul Carey managed to score more than them with 1-6.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on November 03, 2019, 08:06:12 PM
Carey's a good one though.
Good talent alright, I recall him scoring a simliar total v Kerry in the All Ireland U17 semi final a few years ago.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Quote from: Mano on November 03, 2019, 07:04:46 PM
Game swung on 2 penalty decisions after half time.  A stonewall pen to Tourlestrane not given and a dubious one given to PP. Rossfan 4 points for Tour forwards henry was plsying wing forward. Its a recurring theme at this stage Sligo teams getting shafted by referees.

Go away out of that, beaten by 10 points, in a game youse only scored 6, with 14 men for the last 20 mins.. Eamon O Haras interview was pathetic at the end to. Hows farmer Dan Eamon O Hara?

Rossfan

Farmer Dan's team still standing in Connacht ;D
I wonder has Gerry Lohan won the managers "lookit" title?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mano

2 pens is a 6 point swing. Instead of been 5 down it would be 1 up. That changes the course of the game.

SLIGONIAN

We can only dream of getting the help Pearses got today from ref. Made sure they won the game.

Far clearer penalty not given to Tourlestrane. Nothing new. There was only about 20 secs of that 4 min interview where I thought O hara was talking waffle. The rest was on point.

"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 03, 2019, 04:31:22 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 03, 2019, 03:35:16 PM
7 Galway titles in a row for Corofin. Won the replay 0-11 to 0-8.  Ballintubber v Corofin next Sunday.

Corofin ground it out after being behind at HT again. They look a tired team though and even though they often improve once out of Galway I think they could be vulnerable in Connacht this year.

Is that 14 county titles for Kieran Fitzgerald? Mad!

Duine Eile

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 03, 2019, 10:14:43 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 03, 2019, 04:31:22 PM
7 Galway titles in a row for Corofin. Won the replay 0-11 to 0-8.  Ballintubber v Corofin next Sunday.

Corofin ground it out after being behind at HT again. They look a tired team though and even though they often improve once out of Galway I think they could be vulnerable in Connacht this year.

Is that 14 county titles for Kieran Fitzgerald? Mad!

It is, it's some record and as far as I know he's been involved on the pitch in all 14 of those, he's not sitting on the bench collecting medals. Gentleman too. Fair play to Corofin, Tuam gave them their fill of it but Corofin did enough to see themselves through. Steede and Wall were their best on the day. Their form up front is a bit worrying though, 11 scores from 31 chances I think I saw on twitter? They'll be hoping to improve that the next day. People seem to think this is a sign Corofin have regressed this year and maybe they have but Tuam were really good the last day and again today.

galwayman

Ian Burke's form has fallen off a cliff since the 2018 season.
He was poor for Galway this year and has carried that into the club cship.

TheGreatest

A great achievement, are people in Galway getting a bit "why bother" if the same team is winning all the time. Are they looking to change the format to give the lesser teams a chance, is there bitterness towards Corofin?

An Fhairche Abu

Corofin might be vulnerable enough next weekend yet.
Any information on new call ups for the 2020 county panel?

giveballaghback

Such a tonic to hear that super p.... O Hara so upset after the club semi-final, ranted for 10 minutes on Ocean fm, trowing a wobbly after a 10 point defeat and after your forwards manage just one point of your 6 point total is fairly tipical O Hara.
He even referred to Roscommon as one of the big counties ;D.
Well I have news for you Eamon, Sligo has a bigger population than Ros but only half the guts.

Mano

Quote from: giveballaghback on November 04, 2019, 07:10:05 PM
Such a tonic to hear that super p.... O Hara so upset after the club semi-final, ranted for 10 minutes on Ocean fm, trowing a wobbly after a 10 point defeat and after your forwards manage just one point of your 6 point total is fairly tipical O Hara.
He even referred to Roscommon as one of the big counties ;D.
Well I have news for you Eamon, Sligo has a bigger population than Ros but only half the guts.

A lot of factual inaccuracies, spelling mistakes, grammatical errors but thanks for posting anyway.

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on November 04, 2019, 12:08:56 PM

A great achievement, are people in Galway getting a bit "why bother" if the same team is winning all the time. Are they looking to change the format to give the lesser teams a chance, is there bitterness towards Corofin?

You decided to log in under your other user name?

Anyway, Corofin don't get special over the top funding from the GAA.
Do Corofin have an incredible backroom team?
They don't have all home games to win their county, Provincial and All Ireland titles.
What is a home game worth in extra points to a home side?
Does the referee give 50/50 decisions to the home side?
I'm sure there is a level of envy within the county, but on the national stage Corofin can lose to anybody.