Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 30, 2019, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Great news if true but I'll believe it when I see it. Mick may have other plans and I'm sure the queue to get him is pretty long. For those who weren't about or remembers his  previous role with laois. That didn't finish well.

les Antiques

Quote from: The Monument Road on October 02, 2019, 04:55:02 PM
Great news if true but I'll believe it when I see it. Mick may have other plans and I'm sure the queue to get him is pretty long. For those who weren't about or remembers his  previous role with laois. That didn't finish well.

I'd agree with that . Also his brother Sean's  Tenure didn't exactly end in harmony .

The Monument Road

Sean's tenure at senior didn't work out but he did achieve wonderful results with the underage groups he had...in Micks case it was laois officialdom that caused the departure. He proved his pedigree since.  I'd safely say Quirke has his own crew sorted and Mick will change direction and do his own thing..My opinion.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quirke hasn't even been appointed yet, how can he have a backroom team... ??
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Monument Road

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 03, 2019, 12:38:12 AM
Yes you are correct..We do, myself included do get ahead of ourselves.

Don Draper

You're surely not this naive?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Don Draper on October 03, 2019, 10:07:01 AM
You're surely not this naive?

Another gem from "the Don"..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Joeythelips

I see the draw was made for Leinster championship, I presume from the graphic that if Laois beat the winners of Louth v Longford they would face Meath/Wexford/Wicklow in semis? But it is not clear.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/1007/1081542-dublin-to-begin-2020-leinster-defence-against-westmeath/

GAA-SMART

clonadmad

BallyroanAbu

Presume U20 season is going to be shortened.

High Fielder

Did nobody on the CB think about asking him to train our U20's? I'm just adding two and two here, but obviously the Under 20 schedule won't affect his family and work commitments as much? Give me a break. Good luck to him of course, but what a kick in the hole for Laois.

clonadmad

Quote from: clonadmad on October 07, 2019, 08:40:19 PM
Best of luck to John Sugrue
Different set of expectations on him now,kinda makes his reasons for leaving us look redundant,a pity he wasn't given anything like the wherewithal he will now have with the kingdom.

thegreeenandgold

Ouch.  Some kick in the teeth for Laois some incompetence on behalf of our County Board.  That's what he thinks of Laois Football.