Author Topic: The Official WWE thread  (Read 49332 times)

David McKeown

• View Profile
Re: The Official WWE thread
« Reply #585 on: April 08, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
Wrestlemania 34 in New Orleans on tonight.

Its looking like a lot of title changes, In the main events i would expect two title changes with Roman Reigns to win the Universal Championship and Nakamura to win the WWE championship. Asuka to win the women's championships and maybe Nia Jax will win the other title.  Finn BŠlor might win the Intercontinental Championship and Rusev the US Title.  The Bludgeon Brothers and Braun Strowman and whoever his partner is will likely win the tag team titles. Of course there won't be that much change and it will be interesting to see who retains their titles.

Last nights NXT matches of Aleister Black v  Andrade Cien Almas and Johnny Gargano v Tommaso Ciampa will take some topping tonight.

Yeah I think AJ and the Usos will retain but every other title might change. 

NXT was excellent last night but the last three takeovers have been, the roster down there is incredibly deep and its booked exceedingly well. Don't know how many of them are going to be in the battle royals but I would like to see Nikki and Damo for obvious reasons.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 09, 2018, 02:11:40 AM »
Think I've gotten every result against one wrong so far

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 09, 2018, 02:55:14 AM »
The Undertaker match was crazy short. I was expecting more.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 09, 2018, 03:02:07 AM »
Think this is why they never confirmed it. Very hard to complain about it when it wasn't officially confirmed.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 09, 2018, 03:30:57 AM »
Think this is why they never confirmed it. Very hard to complain about it when it wasn't officially confirmed.

Everyone knew it was on the bill though. Taker looked in good shape so it doesnít make much sense.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 09, 2018, 04:14:17 AM »
The Auska result was stupid and so was the Nakamura one. Swerved for swerves sakes, no benefit to the winners. Crowd has been very dead apart from the Rousey match and a couple of Bryan spots.

Wtf @ turning Nakamura heel.

This crowd is fully capable of turning on this Reigns closer just like the Triple H one.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:20:51 AM by Syferus »

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 09, 2018, 04:33:24 AM »
And now theyíve taken a big dump on the tag team titles.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 09, 2018, 05:08:55 AM »
And Lesnar retains! Wtf was this show?

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 09, 2018, 05:49:32 AM »
The Auska result was stupid and so was the Nakamura one. Swerved for swerves sakes, no benefit to the winners. Crowd has been very dead apart from the Rousey match and a couple of Bryan spots.

Wtf @ turning Nakamura heel.

This crowd is fully capable of turning on this Reigns closer just like the Triple H one.

I liked the Auska result. Sets up Flair v Rousey probably at Mania next year possibly as the main event. Nakamura has been in need of an edge since arriving on main card. The main event being the main event and having that ending was daft.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 09, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »
Wasn't a patch on the last New Orleans Wreslemania. Quantity over quality that show was maybe its time HHH has more of say in booking it than 72 year old that rarely sleeps? Would have made serious money on likes of Lesnar,AJ,Mahal,Flair,Rollins to win last night. 

WWE Intercontinental Championship and Rousey matches probably the best. Nakamura so underused on the main roster his match with AJ should have been the highlight of the night. The crowd couldn't care less for the main event, they were convinced that Roman Reigns would win and no matter how much he's pushed they will never warm to him as a face. Part time champ remains so and looks in poor shape certainly no shape to be going back to UFC and having another match.

DownFanatic

• Floreat Dunum
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 09, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »
24 years a fan but the product just doesn't interest me as much anymore. That was a poor enough Mania. Not one match getting 4 *'s or more. Too long at basically 7 hours with a lot of crap filler. It think the WWE is losing direction. Total lack of real star power. Personally don't think it is currently a patch on the early 90's or the Attitude era.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 09, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
24 years a fan but the product just doesn't interest me as much anymore. That was a poor enough Mania. Not one match getting 4 *'s or more. Too long at basically 7 hours with a lot of crap filler. It think the WWE is losing direction. Total lack of real star power. Personally don't think it is currently a patch on the early 90's or the Attitude era.

The thing is on paper this card had the potential for at least three or four five star matches and four or five really good ones. Unlike Wrestlemania in the past there is now plenty of wrestling talent in the WWE and the build wasnít bad either. This was them dropping the ball in a historic way. Not the worst Mania but one of the most disappointing ones of all time.

Iíll watch the post-Mania Raw to see if there was some degree of method to the madness.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:41:42 PM by Syferus »

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 10, 2018, 12:17:53 PM »
Thinking back on the show I think the build for many matches was poor and the order of the matches killed the momentum a bit but the in ring stuff wasn't actually that bad. The IC match was very strong as was the AJ match. The Charlotte Asuka match was awesome and the Rousey match exceeded expectations.

The even was highly unpredictable. Going on PP odds at the start of the start of the show the favourites didn't win any of the following. IC US, Smackdown Women or Smackdown Tag matches.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 10, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »
Thinking back on the show I think the build for many matches was poor and the order of the matches killed the momentum a bit but the in ring stuff wasn't actually that bad. The IC match was very strong as was the AJ match. The Charlotte Asuka match was awesome and the Rousey match exceeded expectations.

The even was highly unpredictable. Going on PP odds at the start of the start of the show the favourites didn't win any of the following. IC US, Smackdown Women or Smackdown Tag matches.

The AJ-Nakamura match was not strong. It was only ok, which given the way it as positioned as a dream match both by the WWE and by hardcore fans meant it was severely underwhelming.

I didnít see the IC match so of what I saw only the Rousey match was an unqualified success, as the ending of the Asuka match was a puke worthy swerve.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 10, 2018, 12:36:12 PM »

The AJ-Nakamura match was not strong. It was only ok, which given the way it as positioned as a dream match both by the WWE and by hardcore fans meant it was severely underwhelming.

I didnít see the IC match so of what I saw only the Rousey match was an unqualified success, as the ending of the Asuka match was a puke worthy swerve.

I thought was the AJ-Nakamura match was strong considering it was face v face. With the heel turn I expect better possibly at Backlash but I thought it was a good match which was maybe hurt a little from its position on the card. I think we can agree to disagree on the Charlotte v Asuka match which I thought was match of the night.

Looking forward to seeing who gets called up on Tuesday. I was hoping Damo might get the nod but rumour has it that's off till after summerslam.