Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on February 04, 2018, 01:33:11 AM
So apparently these vigilante groups are using the likes of Grindr to entrap?

That has the potential to all end in tears, especially if someone was wanting to say get someone they don't like fitted up so they can receive "silent justice".

I mean, just for example, T*** F***** has over the years on the interwebs and through ramblings to the local dirtsheets etc. has helped identify certain things about himself that can help narrow down say where he lives or where he works/has worked etc. So now I go into a search engine and type "<name> <village or town of alleged residence>" and up come a few results. If things don't get pinpointed straight away, then a check could be made on sites like 192.com to get access to the "open electoral register" which can make use of say knowing the names of his parents, siblings, partners, children, other household occupants etc. to give a high chance of getting the correct address that he currently lives in. So once armed with that info, grab a mugshot from his Twitter or Facebook account, sign up to Grindr as said person and use the said profile picture, use a fake GPS locator app on the same smartphone which pinpoints to his address (probably best to use a VPN as well to help cover your tracks), and then go ahead and starting looking for profiles within your local area that includes apparent young teenage boys who are desperate for *cough!* and keep stringing this along for a wee while. Sooner or later the local branch of "Nonce Catchers NI" will turn up knocking on his door some evening and I think you can then guess the rest. If you can't then "Facebook Live" will be your friend.

Now would I do this? Feck no, for it's clearly illegal and not very ethical. But it's not difficult to do especially these days when certain people are vain enough to put lots of photos of themselves up on social media along with the readily public info that is easy to access over the WWW that 20 years ago often required trips & appointments to libraries and government offices. But someone who's a sociopath might well be prepared to get right and dirty. For similar examples, see "swatting".

I mean from what I've seen & heard of such groups they don't tend to be the brightest or most rational thinking citizens to be with - if they are creating fake profiles on Grindr, what's the odds that they are sure that anyone they're trying to snare into their paedophile trap isn't itself a fake profile?  :-\

totally agree with the above. if you are anyway tech savvy it would be very easy to frame someone for this sort of thing.

themac_23

Didn't really want to post this but think it shows these people in context:
Chatting to a friend the other day who has recently split with his long term partner and has 2 young kids. Nicer guy you couldn't meet. Told me he set up an online dating profile to maybe try meet someone as he isn't really one for going out to town and money is tight with the 2 boys etc Said he lasted about 4-5 days got messages from fake profiles set up as 18-22 year olds who then after a number of messages say I'm actually only 15 had to put 18 for signing up. The guy isn't stupid and knew the craic straight away. Challenged one of these messages mainly by pointing out they didn't speak like a 25 year old. He said he got a message back basically saying he was a pervert because he was on the site and they knew who he was etc etc. Said of the photos they use for the fake profiles no way are they of 15 year olds def people early mid 20s. Personally can't see any credibility for these people at all.

Asal Mor

Good post mac. These scumbags wouldn't  have a clue how to catch a genuinely dangerous online paedophile like Matthew Horan.

RedHand88

Quote from: T Fearon on February 03, 2018, 01:06:45 PM
Why have the Police shared this information with them? It bears all the hallmarks of recognition as partners in crime fighting

Or a "please stop getting these predators off the hook" memo.

Jim Bob

A GAA club member from Co Antrim caught today.   Wanted to go inside and get a coat during his 'interrogation'   Permission  denied.

general_lee

Tried getting a 25 year old, immediate scuffle broke out, camera down and black. "We video this for our protection and for yours" yet the second it kicks off they stop videoing  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jim Bob on February 04, 2018, 09:13:57 PM
A GAA club member from Co Antrim caught today.   Wanted to go inside and get a coat during his 'interrogation'   Permission  denied.

Watched it!! oh dear
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

longballin

I DONT LIKE THIS CROWD AT ALL BUT SAME TIME ALL THOSE OUTED SEEM TO BE TOTALLY BANG TO RIGHTS. (APOLOGIES FOR CAPITALS.. COMPUTER HITCH   :-\)

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2018, 12:16:00 PM

Watched it!! oh dear

What was the gist of this one MR2? Cant bring myself to watch any of them, totally conflicted on the whole thing and the mess it leaves behind.

longballin

Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2018, 12:54:54 PM

Watched it!! oh dear

What was the gist of this one MR2? Cant bring myself to watch any of them, totally conflicted on the whole thing and the mess it leaves behind.

it was awful but again seems he was guilty and about underage teams

The Gs Man

At one stage he took his jumper off and turned it inside out, possibly to hide the club crest.
Keep 'er lit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 05, 2018, 01:29:12 PM
At one stage he took his jumper off and turned it inside out, possibly to hide the club crest.

He would have needed to turn his head inside out !!!

Defo cant see that one being convicted to TBH, had they have tracked him a bit more or like I've said generate as much as you can and give it to the professionals, then maybe they would have a better chance of a conviction
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: longballin on February 05, 2018, 01:19:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2018, 12:54:54 PM

Watched it!! oh dear

it was awful but again seems he was guilty and about underage teams
So it wasn't a sting where they set up a decoy? Even more reason for those in the know to go to the authorities.

The Gs Man

It was a sting with a decoy Tony. 14 year old boy they said.

But the fella done a bit of underage coaching over the past few years.
Keep 'er lit

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera