Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Blaming the parents again

Never change troll

T Fearon

Tell me why,if Sean Brady is to blame,are the parents not to blame when they had access to the same information? Come on, somebody,anybody,explain the logic of blaming Sean Brady but not the parents?

Milltown Row2

Can we blame Brady because he took the information from Smyth and didn't go to the police, instead he allowed the other priests to hide the rapist child molester and allow him to continue to rape other kids, ruin their lives forever ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2018, 10:15:47 PM
Can we blame Brady because he took the information from Smyth and didn't go to the police, instead he allowed the other priests to hide the rapist child molester and allow him to continue to rape other kids, ruin their lives forever ?

Can we blame the parents who also knew about Smyth and didn't go to the Police?

If we don't blame the parents for not going to the Police why do we blame Brady?

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Brady and parents both knew the same information about Brendan Smyth.I simply want to know why,and by what logic,Brady is culpable,but the parents (ultimately responsible for their own children's welfare and guardianship ) are not?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 22, 2018, 10:25:33 PM
Brady and parents both knew the same information about Brendan Smyth.I simply want to know why,and by what logic,Brady is culpable,but the parents (ultimately responsible for their own children's welfare and guardianship ) are not?

Well if Smyth was allowed to rape other children after the church knew about is Brady culpable again? Parents probably too their blind faith to the extreme, a bit like you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

I will repeat again.By what logic is Sean Brady culpable for not reporting,while the parents who had exactly the same information,aren't?

Was Brady not then,like the parents,simply guilty of blind faith?

Milltown Row2

He was guilty of withholding information on a rapist... but you've no problems with that, which makes you come across as an apologist for Brady

Dougal Maguire

Jesus lads, I can't believe you have been so naive. He's been trying to get this thread to go in this direction for days now. I'd say he's spunking his trousers as we speak. You should be giving him a wide berth
Careful now

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2018, 10:35:56 PM
He was guilty of withholding information on a rapist... but you've no problems with that, which makes you come across as an apologist for Brady

But surely so were the parents?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 22, 2018, 10:51:19 PM

The parents yes, but you'd expect after the parents knew and then the church knew the church would report him to the police, and not move him on to rape more kids ? So the church as in Brady brushed it under the carpet and allowed Smyth to rape vulnerable children... there is no getting away from that

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2018, 10:55:34 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 22, 2018, 10:51:19 PM

The parents yes, but you'd expect after the parents knew and then the church knew the church would report him to the police, and not move him on to rape more kids ? So the church as in Brady brushed it under the carpet and allowed Smyth to rape vulnerable children... there is no getting away from that

Brady didn't brush it under the carpet.He told his superiors.Like the parents he thought effective action would be taken.But logically if he is to be blamed for not going to the Police them I'm afraid,so must the parents.There is absolutely No valid argument against this.

Milltown Row2

You're harping on about blaming parents, who's said they didn't do the right thing by their children? I haven't heard anyone say any different but you keep going on about it to possibly make you feel better..

but the family were not guilty of sending Smyth off to other parish to continue with his torture on children? The church were and based on what Brady knew he was also to blame

T Fearon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2018, 11:26:59 PM
You're harping on about blaming parents, who's said they didn't do the right thing by their children? I haven't heard anyone say any different but you keep going on about it to possibly make you feel better..

but the family were not guilty of sending Smyth off to other parish to continue with his torture on children? The church were and based on what Brady knew he was also to blame

As it happens I don't blame the parents,nor do I blame Sean Brady.There were dozens of people who should have stopped Smyth,long before his and Brady's paths crossed.

But I still contend if by some perverse logic Sean Brady withheld information about a crime,so logically did the parents.