Silent Justice/ Internet Interceptors

Started by tyrone girl, August 10, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Well the only videos I see are those with irrefutable evidence with the suspect admitting his guilt fairly quickly.If this template is followed at all times,and the evidence is overwhelming,then I think it is a worthwhile service.

You have to admit they have snared many more predators,amassing much more evidence,than the Police ever will.

nrico2006

Quote from: general_lee on October 26, 2017, 11:04:11 AM
Someone shared a video of these guys on Facebook taking down a man who works (worked?) in Asda in west Belfast last week. I don't know the exact methods of catching them but they had managed to lure this man out in the pretence of meeting a teenager outside his own work. They broadcast it live and it soon became apparent that the guy they targeted wasn't the full shilling. It does raise the question of how to deal with perpetrators who have the same mental age as the people they think they're meeting? Also, and I'm not sure if it was this video or another one, but one of the "hunters" is overheard saying something along the lines of "go to Thailand if you wanna f**k wee boys". Seems they're in it as much for themselves as anything else

Aye, it's like the girl in the Tandragee video where she was slabbering about your mans acorn?  Didn't seem very professional and was very cringeworthy to be honest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

T Fearon

Yes and the cops wouldn't taunt anyone,like calling George Best an Irish bastard? In many ways videoing an "arrest" is preferable,you can see exactly what happened,ensure the person arrested wasn't maltreated,and hear the charges and evidence on which these are based.

As to General Lee's comment,a guy with learning disabilities raped an adult woman in a park outside Dungannon not so long ago.Does his learning disabilities make the crime any less reprehensible,particularly for the victim?

Franko

This is a strange turn of events.

Tony, the GAAboard's chief apologist for institutionalised paedophilia, wants suspected paedophiles publicly shamed and convicted without trial.

He seems to have a real issue with reporting suspected paedophiles to the authorities.

T Fearon

Er,where have I defended paedophiles,ever? I objected to the torrent of abuse Cardinal Sean Brady got,for something he was dragged into over 40 years ago,but he did not abuse any children.

The real turn of events here is the advocacy that these predators should be let off with a slap across the wrist.If these hunters were catching loads of perverts masquerading as priests they would be praised to the high heavens (no pun intended) here.

From what I can see these groups are doing a good service here and are far more effective than the Police

general_lee

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 03:43:50 PM
As to General Lee's comment,a guy with learning disabilities raped an adult woman in a park outside Dungannon not so long ago.Does his learning disabilities make the crime any less reprehensible,particularly for the victim?
No it doesn't but you're missing the point. If someone with the mental age of twelve or whatever tries to meet a non-existent hypothetical 15 year old, do you think it's the same as a 49 year old married man of sound body and mind trying to do the same? Do you think it should be dealt with in the same manner?

I actually would tend to agree with you, so long as these vigilante groups have rock solid evidence and don't compromise police investigations they should be able to fire away at what they're doing.

T Fearon

We agree totally on your last sentence.From what I've seen the targets are 100% guilty.It amazes me how they all come out with or try common excuses like my account was hacked,she told me she was 19, I wasn't going to do anything,just wanted to meet her to tell her to wise up etc.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 06:56:16 PM
We agree totally on your last sentence.From what I've seen the targets are 100% guilty.It amazes me how they all come out with or try common excuses like my account was hacked,she told me she was 19, I wasn't going to do anything,just wanted to meet her to tell her to wise up etc.

Why would you think a paedo wouldn't try and get out of it by lying?

My problem with this is not the person getting caught. It's the innocent people family that are dragged through it on a live Facebook screening !! You'd have to be a right p***k to think that's ok

So you have the facts on how the police are doing compared to the hunters? Have you a link to those stats? Or you making this stuff up ?

Again you completely refused to answer Minders question, you asked a question, what's the difference? While not answering, you're intelligent enough..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

The key issue here is that irrespective of guilt or innocence by doing a public shaming and videoing it and distributing it live the vigilantes are potentially screwing up a good solid case by allowing the defendant to mark an argument that his due process was interferes with and will not get a fair trial. I know if I was the solicitor sitting in a station with this guy or any similar case I would be having this 'evidence' challenged at every turn around. What could potentially be a vey strong case would be cut to shreds on so many levels by any competent defence solicitor or barrister. This organisation may have the best intentions originally but by doing live shows I believe that it has become more about them than it has about the cause. Trust me if they have enough evidence they do not need to be showing it live. Just hand the recordings to the police and move on to the next one.

Wildweasel74

This thread reminds me of one a fair few years back about a county man beating up this girlfriend and brothers in turn returned the favour (Apparently), a lot of conjuncture but apparently little evidence worth a damn in the courts.

The vigilantes are breaking the law as much as this man they visit,  Want to catch dodgy people join the police, otherwise your a law breaker like the person your after only not to the same perversion. if you do have evidence , give it to the police.

There was a UDA man a few year ago was caught for sex with underage girls, i couldn't see this group been brave enough to pop up at his door and not be on he receiving end of a fire arm

T Fearon

I am no lawyer,but surely with that guy last Friday from Tandragee,there is no defence.He was effectively caught and recorded at the scene of the crime and admitted everything during the recording.He has already appeared in court and is now in jail on remand.

This is typical of their modus operandi, i.e. Catching and recording the full admission of predators at the crime scene.How can any barrister,now matter how good,put up any sort of defence under those circumstances?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: T Fearon on October 26, 2017, 09:04:54 PM
I am no lawyer,but surely with that guy last Friday from Tandragee,there is no defence.He was effectively caught and recorded at the scene of the crime and admitted everything during the recording.He has already appeared in court and is now in jail on remand.

This is typical of their modus operandi, i.e. Catching and recording the full admission of predators at the crime scene.How can any barrister,now matter how good,put up any sort of defence under those circumstances?

Admissions made without having his rights read to him are not likely to be admissible or if they are they will be challenged. Any solicitor worth his salt would have had him make a no comment interview after preparing a statement denying that he was aware that he was doing anything wrong or that he was aware that the 'victim' was underage. I'm not says my he will be acquired but I wouldn't be surprised if his case was pleaded down to a misdemeanour with no or minimal jail time.

tonto1888

Tony, youve been told already there's videos of them accusing people who were innocent and the consequences were tragic. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not true. I don't believe they are truly in it for the protection of children but more for the notoriety.

Gabriel_Hurl

Is it just me or is a bit weird for middle-aged men to pretend to be preteen boys and girls and engaging in sexual talk with other middle aged men?

T Fearon

Tonto.They have mass public support and judging by the Silent Justice page seem to be successful getting convictions and sex register entries.Its the instant publicity that makes the predators squirm not the Police,and I think they are providing a great service.