Is Gregory Campbell a bollocks?

Yes
13 (18.6%)
No, he's a cnut
57 (81.4%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Applesisapples

Quote from: general_lee on May 09, 2016, 11:20:52 AM
Why would anyone be surprised when a Loyalist like Gregory Campbell does or says something stupid ???
The point is that a party which wants to be taken seriously and as peacemakers would stand by such a dinosaur.

ziggysego

He says what he likes about anyone on social media, but as soon as anyone says anything about him, he drags them through the courts.
Testing Accessibility

GJL

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2016, 11:17:38 AM
Gregory is still in the mindset of let's mock them fenians. Then when the dirty fenians kick up about it - ah sure do you have no sense of humour.

A bigot and a tr**p. Not a nice man at all.

The fact that a majority still vote for these people is mind boggling. It really is. Makes you question what kind of place we live in.

I would say he is even bitter within his own party where he has been a bit of a failure. They obviously see him as a bit of a loose cannon. With big Ian gone and also Robinson it just leaves Dodds and Campbell of the old guard.

armaghniac

The problem with the poll in this thread is that it does not allow multiple selection.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

general_lee

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 09, 2016, 11:23:47 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 09, 2016, 11:20:52 AM
Why would anyone be surprised when a Loyalist like Gregory Campbell does or says something stupid ???
The point is that a party which wants to be taken seriously and as peacemakers would stand by such a dinosaur.
Since when have the DUP ever wanted to be seen as peacemakers? These are people who want trident on Irish showers, wanted to bomb dundalk and vote  in favour of wars in the middle east. They're f**king lunatics and the fact people in their droves vote for them is depressing.

Orior

Is Pope Gregory's comment the same as me making a joke about british soldiers being killed in WW2, or ISIS soldiers blowing themselves up, or mocking poppies?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

seafoid

an unsettled people by Susan McKay is a good read. The Unionist population is lost

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/othelem/people/accounts/mckay00.htm

T Fearon

Oh dear.Gregory seems to have perfected the art of winding opponents up,and no doubt delighting his own supporters simultaneously.As John O'Dowd succinctly put it "He's better off at Westminster out of the road!"😂😂

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on May 09, 2016, 11:50:01 AM
Oh dear.Gregory seems to have perfected the art of winding opponents up,and no doubt delighting his own supporters simultaneously.As John O'Dowd succinctly put it "He's better off at Westminster out of the road!"😂😂

I'd not heard that  ;D
Testing Accessibility

Ethan Tremblay

My thinking is that people still think DUP is the protestant party and SF is the catholic party, I doubt any of them read their manifestos or know what they are signing up to when they vote, hence why people like him keep getting in. 
If people looked into who they vote for, their background or what they want to achieve when they are in maybe they would think twice. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 09, 2016, 12:00:38 PM
My thinking is that people still think DUP is the protestant party and SF is the catholic party, I doubt any of them read their manifestos or know what they are signing up to when they vote, hence why people like him keep getting in. 
If people looked into who they vote for, their background or what they want to achieve when they are in maybe they would think twice.
I think this is true for a lot of voters
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Longshanks

For the first time every I think my mum destroyed her vote, she is in 60s and never missed a vote and doesnt believe in abortion so wouldn't vote for any party in support of it, she can't stand the DUP and their unbridled hatred of catholics (espically paisley days)

She just didnt see any other option which I think is a sad time indeed..

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on May 09, 2016, 12:00:38 PM

Nail on head especially in older voters. I doubt many even know the meaning of the word manifesto never mind actually reading one. When push comes to shove at election time it's a simple Orange v Green and to f**k with everything else.

T Fearon

NI politics is a paradox.Over the last 10 years I have been drawn into situations through work where I have been dealing with politicians of all hues and was genuinely surprised to see how well they worked together for all,away from the cameras.Two prominent unionists attended my mother's funeral and one of them she had no time for though they never met.I was amused at the irony! The UUP and DUP do not hate catholics,but like SF they have their own constituency pander to.Even the bold Gregory turned up to sympathise when a Derry SDLP member's house was attacked a few years ago.

Tony Baloney

Pure attention seeking from Campbell. Better off ignoring him as creating any sort of hue and cry isn't going to result in anything.