All Ireland Gaelic Football Final 2014 Kerry v Donegal

Started by rrhf, August 31, 2014, 10:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
QuoteWas good to see Durcan caught out

Why was it good to see durcan caught out??just in case people thought he was better than cluxton??

Tight one on big Pappa.  Won't ever forget it. Headed straight into the changing room after apparently. Sore one but has been a top operator for many years

Old yeller

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 21, 2014, 10:28:13 PM
[quote authotr=INDIANA link=topic=24994.msg14032f 75#msg1403275 date=14113346]
Quote from: Old yeller on September 21, 2014, 10:13:12 PM
Who cares what he's like off the pitch, its totally irrelevant (and mostly hearsay). What matters is that he produced the goods under extreme pressure. Its rank hypocrisy to expect him to behave above and beyond what we would all accept from our own county men. How many people on this forum actually know him personally or have had a bad experience with him? He was blowin off steam when he made the Brolly reference, and who could blame him? An unmarkable player on his day, who was the difference between Kerry winning the A.I and coming up short this year IMHO. Player of the year hands down

Says a lot about where an individual's head-space is at when his first instinct after a winning an AI is to start the " i told you so".

Put up the Mark O Se interview- now that's winning with a bit of class.

Exactly, couldn't believe he was thinking about brolly minutes after playing a potentially motm game in an AIF
[/quote]
We all have our motivations and im sure he was using Brolly's words of wisdom as his own. At he end of the day he was caught off gaurd after winning the A.I, not the most gracefull of pitch side interviews but it beats sayin he was goi  to wreck Coppers!!!Dont shoot him for it.

imtommygunn

Quote from: J OGorman on September 21, 2014, 10:32:37 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
QuoteWas good to see Durcan caught out

Why was it good to see durcan caught out??just in case people thought he was better than cluxton??

Tight one on big Pappa.  Won't ever forget it. Headed straight into the changing room after apparently. Sore one but has been a top operator for many years

Yeah pity for him. Wasn't on top of his game today at all. The long ball from o'donoghue first half was lucky not to be a disaster for him too.

tonto1888

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2014, 10:24:55 PM
Who cares what he's like off the pitch, its totally irrelevant (and mostly hearsay). What matters is that he produced the goods under extreme pressure. Its rank hypocrisy to expect him to behave above and beyond what we would all accept from our own county men. How many people on this forum actually know him personally or have had a bad experience with him? He was blowin off steam when he made the Brolly reference, and who could blame him? An unmarkable player on his day, who was the difference between Kerry winning the A.I and coming up short this year IMHO. Player of the year hands down

Says a lot about where an individual's head-space is at when his first instinct after a winning an AI is to start the " i told you so".

Exactly, couldn't believe he was thinking about brolly minutes after playing a potentially motm game in an AIF
Now he didn't just grab the mike and start in Brolly. The girl interviewing him brought up transition which led him to talk about Brolly

imtommygunn

I thought donaghy's brolly thing was more funny than anything else. Wasn't really much in it.

Old yeller

Quote from: INDIANA on September 21, 2014, 10:24:55 PM

Where his head space was??? We're not in your amateur psychology class now. Like most of us us would be after winning an A.I that people said we couldnt or didnt deserve to win, he was probably thinking F**K THE BEGRUDGERS!
I was hoping for a Donegal win but anyone who tries to take away from Kerry or Donaghy's achievement today by slinging mud needs to cop themselves on big time.

Mike Sheehy

Commiserations to Donegal. It wasn't a great game but it was a great battle just like the Mayo games . They are true warriors that went out on their shields.

Our backs were fantastic. The intensity of their tacking was just immense when seen close up. Midfield did their job. Not as dominant as against Mayo but they won their fair share. The forwards were not as good but the blanket is tough and calls for different skills whether we like it or not. Donaghy and O'Donoghue were playing a real cat and mouse game with the Donegal goalie/backline in the second half on the kickouts. Intense focus and concentration was needed and the lads were fully tuned in..... and it paid off. I didn't expect Donegal to make such a howler but there was always a risk of a turnover on those short kickouts.

The minors were superb as well. Just like the Seniors they responded to every bad patch and got stuck in to battle out a result against a very game Donegal side.

Thanks to AZ, Hardy and some of the other posters for the congrats.

Hard luck Donegal. Up the Kingdom

mb80b60

Quote from: hardstation on September 21, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
Thank you.

We can only await AZ's reply....once he's finished ****ing him off.

Hardstation showing some real class yet again

J70

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on September 21, 2014, 10:23:47 PM
Congrats Kerry. Hopefully we'll get a crack at you next year.

Hard luck Donegal, it appears the Dublin game was your All Ireland Final and you had nothing left the next time around. Was good to see Durcan caught out, nowhere near as good as Cluxton and never will be. He's just another Paul Hearty.

You're some classless eejit.

Just because someone has the temerity to suggest that Durkan has followed and somewhat succeeded in following Cluxton's innovating lead in harnessing the kick-out, you feel somehow vindicated that the lad just made a split-second slip that will probably haunt him for the rest of his life.

What a small, pathetic individual you are.

J70

Quote from: Hardy on September 21, 2014, 09:20:08 PM
I hate this hateful shite where the only thing people can think of to talk about in the aftermath of the game is the negative, who made faces at who else and their estimation of the character of people they don't know or have never even met. Talk about the football. All the people on the field today are decent people as far as I know and I'd want pretty convincing evidence before I'd start calling them names in public.

Fair point.

I will edit the post I made earlier.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2014, 10:41:14 PM
I thought donaghy's brolly thing was more funny than anything else. Wasn't really much in it.
Brolly came back very well with the tyrone angle
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Donnellys Hollow

You have to tip your hat to Kerry. Not a classic final by any means but Kerry almost always seem to find a way when the chips are down.

Happy for Cian O'Neill this evening.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 21, 2014, 10:59:22 PM
You have to tip your hat to Kerry. Not a classic final by any means but Kerry almost always seem to find a way when the chips are down.

Happy for Cian O'Neill this evening.

Yeah, they are spice of the moment. Dublin were last year and Donegal the year before. Time will tell if they just came good this year or are just a fad!

J70

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 21, 2014, 10:52:20 PM
Commiserations to Donegal. It wasn't a great game but it was a great battle just like the Mayo games . They are true warriors that went out on their shields.

Our backs were fantastic. The intensity of their tacking was just immense when seen close up. Midfield did their job. Not as dominant as against Mayo but they won their fair share. The forwards were not as good but the blanket is tough and calls for different skills whether we like it or not. Donaghy and O'Donoghue were playing a real cat and mouse game with the Donegal goalie/backline in the second half on the kickouts. Intense focus and concentration was needed and the lads were fully tuned in..... and it paid off. I didn't expect Donegal to make such a howler but there was always a risk of a turnover on those short kickouts.

The minors were superb as well. Just like the Seniors they responded to every bad patch and got stuck in to battle out a result against a very game Donegal side.

Thanks to AZ, Hardy and some of the other posters for the congrats.

Hard luck Donegal. Up the Kingdom

Congrats. Not too many complaints from our end I would think. You can't make a mistake like that at that level and expect to win a tight match. Younger legs made a difference too I think.

imtommygunn

When games are tight you can always rely on an o'se to stand up as well. Mcfadden was in the pocket.