AISF 2010: An Dún vs Cill Dara

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: snoopdog on August 13, 2010, 09:30:57 PM
Quote from: The Voice Of Reason on August 12, 2010, 10:37:45 PM
Thanks 5 Sams! ... I'm a "neutral" living very near Croke Park ... usually just get the tickets off ticketmaster, as Donegal are rarely involved in matches there  :(
pop down to the gaa ticket office on dorset st open everyday mon to fri they dont charge booking fee and you prob get a choice of seats

Beat me to it Snoop....good call.
The Aristocrat Years

passedit

Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 13, 2010, 09:30:01 PM
McEneaney is probably still the best ref in Ireland but he has had some strange days with Down. By far the worst was the famous replay win over Tyrone at the Marshes in 08, which never should have got to extra time. We were four up with time running out when McEneaney proceeded to award Tyrone a series of incredibly soft frees in kickable positions. Tommy McGuigan knocked them over and it finished level after 70 minutes, but justice prevailed in extra time.

The fella's a spoofer, makes it up as he goes along. I'll see you 2008 and raise you 1995. Striking wasn't a sending off offence if your name was Anthony, was if it was Greg. Refs for the result he thinks people want, see cork kerry this year.
Don't Panic

Niall Quinn

Quote from: passedit on August 13, 2010, 11:06:31 PM
I'll see you 2008 and raise you 1995. Striking wasn't a sending off offence if your name was Anthony, was if it was Greg. Refs for the result he thinks people want, see cork kerry this year.
if you're going to raise the stakes by a clear 95 anecdote, don't you still require a smaller poor refereeing tale to see the 2008 one?
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

rosskarr

Is beag an Dúin imreoidh ag dul isteach i gceann seo, ach bhí siad go mór leis an imreoidh
ag dul isteach sa game.So Chiarraí,'s anseo ag súil mbeidh an Dúin prevail.We fanfaimid agus a fheiceáil

passedit

Quote from: Niall Quinn on August 14, 2010, 01:51:11 AM
Quote from: passedit on August 13, 2010, 11:06:31 PM
I'll see you 2008 and raise you 1995. Striking wasn't a sending off offence if your name was Anthony, was if it was Greg. Refs for the result he thinks people want, see cork kerry this year.
if you're going to raise the stakes by a clear 95 anecdote, don't you still require a smaller poor refereeing tale to see the 2008 one?

Very complimicared this betting lark. I'd say pretty much any display from him in 2008 would do. Tis funny how people define common sense reffing as letting their own team pull and drag all day.
Don't Panic

Orangemac

Good article from Jarlath Burns in the Gaelic Life this week on James McCartan and Kieran McGeeney.

He was saying that some players arrive when teams are going well but in their case the teams they were on became winners in no small part because of them.

This included his memories of McCartan scoring 2 goals in a minute against Armagh in 1990 in his 1st year and how he used to swan into the senior form room at St Colmans when he was a 2nd year and such was his cockiness that no one batted an eyelid and of McGeeney taking out 4 attackers outside a chip shop in Dundalk one night and walking away with his kebab intact.

These 2 will be will among the most prominent managers over the next 10 years hopefully with McGeeney in charge of Armagh at some point.

Jinxy

Quote from: Orangemac on August 15, 2010, 10:57:21 PM
Good article from Jarlath Burns in the Gaelic Life this week on James McCartan and Kieran McGeeney.

He was saying that some players arrive when teams are going well but in their case the teams they were on became winners in no small part because of them.

This included his memories of McCartan scoring 2 goals in a minute against Armagh in 1990 in his 1st year and how he used to swan into the senior form room at St Colmans when he was a 2nd year and such was his cockiness that no one batted an eyelid and of McGeeney taking out 4 attackers outside a chip shop in Dundalk one night and walking away with his kebab intact.

These 2 will be will among the most prominent managers over the next 10 years hopefully with McGeeney in charge of Armagh at some point.

I find it hard to believe he'd ever eat a kebab.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dodgy umpire

Wee James deserves a lot of credit for Down's progress this year, but we are also fortunate to have McIvor, Tally and Johnstone on board and the entire management have been a success in their first year.
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Dubh driocht

Assuming Ambrose is out, James should make the call quickly- IMO straight swop for Pete Fitzpatrick.
One point of interest is the a lot of the Down team have won All-Irelands at colleges A(St Columbans/Abbey) or minor level (1999, 2005).Winning those games brings confidence that you are the best at that grade and players like Mc Kernan and Poland, who hadn't grabbed the headlines until the Kerry game, are good examples. Have Kildare won any AIs at Colleges A ? I know they haven't at minor but came close at under 21 in 2008.
How are ticket sales in Kildare ?

Zulu

I heard they were expecting 40,000+ to go to the game so I'd say ticket sales are brisk!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Seán Brady can keep an eye on them. I heard he's waiting for the final before he makes his trip to the big smoke.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Jinxy on August 15, 2010, 11:07:45 PM
Quote from: Orangemac on August 15, 2010, 10:57:21 PM

I find it hard to believe he'd ever eat a kebab.
It was a vegetarian kebab!!

Eire2010

According to BBC Sport, Ambrose Rodgers is almost definitely out for the semi-final, any news on how Dermot Earley is?

5 Sams

Quote from: Eire2010 on August 17, 2010, 11:50:15 AM
According to BBC Sport, Ambrose Rodgers is almost definitely out for the semi-final, any news on how Dermot Earley is?

He has started jogging according to the Irish News... :-\
The Aristocrat Years