Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Bohemian Rhapsody. Hard to bate.

lurganblue

Bird Box on Netflix is a good show. Not quite a horror, as I was expecting but definitely a good concept.

laoislad

Watched First Man tonight. Great movie. Really enjoyed it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Over the Bar

Quote from: lurganblue on December 29, 2018, 10:06:49 AM
Bird Box on Netflix is a good show. Not quite a horror, as I was expecting but definitely a good concept.
Daft enough. Particularly how there wasn't a mention as to how everyone survived the 5 years between outbreak and the river journey!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 06, 2019, 11:33:23 PM
Daft enough. Particularly how there wasn't a mention as to how everyone survived the 5 years between outbreak and the river journey!

Not too many novels get told on their entirety when they hit the big screen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aristo 60

Yes daft is the best word for it and too similar to The Happening (2008). For me, the malevolent presence / illness / psychosis wasn't explained anywhere near enough. 

screenexile

Quote from: Aristo 60 on January 07, 2019, 09:34:39 AM

Yes daft is the best word for it and too similar to The Happening (2008). For me, the malevolent presence / illness / psychosis wasn't explained anywhere near enough.

It wasn't about that though . . . I quite enjoyed it I know it wasn't too deep really and was just a whole lot of suspense without any real reasoning but it was entertaining enough and not the worst way to pass an evening. It'll hardly be getting any Oscars I wouldn't think.

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on January 07, 2019, 09:40:15 AM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on January 07, 2019, 09:34:39 AM

It wasn't about that though . . . I quite enjoyed it I know it wasn't too deep really and was just a whole lot of suspense without any real reasoning but it was entertaining enough and not the worst way to pass an evening. It'll hardly be getting any Oscars I wouldn't think.

I read a two word review ("Bird shít") that put me off pursuing the matter any further.

screenexile

Watched the Favourite the other night.

Very well acted and clever if a bit too arty at times however I enjoyed it. Olivia Colman is class to as the Queen I remember first noticing her in Green Wing being funny in a minor role fair play to her getting the Oscar nomination.

Disclaimer. Have spoken to a lot of people who didn't like it!

Tony Baloney

Surprised to hear of someone from Derry watching an arty movie  ;D

Anyone seen Glass? Have seen mainly mediocre reviews of it but a couple of very decent reviews. Maybe one for the firestick.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 29, 2018, 01:09:19 AM

Excellent and well acted movie.

JoG2

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 24, 2019, 10:22:33 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 29, 2018, 01:09:19 AM

Excellent and well acted movie.

Super show, regretted not watching it on the big screen!

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 24, 2019, 10:04:23 PM
Surprised to hear of someone from Derry watching an arty movie  ;D

Anyone seen Glass? Have seen mainly mediocre reviews of it but a couple of very decent reviews. Maybe one for the firestick.

I'm amazed one of you Armagh lads can spell arty  :P

nrico2006

I must be the only one that thought Bohemian Rhapsody was average.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'