?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

screenexile

Quote from: the dodger on January 03, 2019, 10:32:16 PM

You mentioned Gweedore having 8 starters who tasted U21 success - from the team which was beaten in the Derry semi-final, Glen had 14 starters who had recent Under 21 success. Philip O'Connell is around 32, the next oldest 24 then right down to 18. Compare that with the 3 McGee's, Kevin Cassidy, their keeper, McNiallais, McFadden and 1 or 2 others, all who provide a very experienced spine. A vastly different age & experience profile to Glen.
The defeat to Lavey was disappointing but Glen will learn from it and move forward.

Concentrate your energies on your own club. Screen have also won recent minor titles with no senior success to show. The biggest parish in Derry if not Ulster, 20+ miles square, 99.9% nationalist, no bordering clubs fighting for players - if you're that bored over the holidays, take a long look at your own club ...

You mean last year and then 2005 before that??!!

I'd agree with tommygun in that you need a nucleus of a team there before you can start bringing minor lads through to win Championships. . . that's why I think teams like Glen/Bellaghy/Lavey while having done brilliant work at underage will still take that bit longer to make the breakthrough compared to Slaughtneil who were able to bring through a lot of young lads whilst having a nucleus of McGuigan/Twins/Patsy/Togger/Paul Bradley and a few more.

I think within the next 4-5 years the Championship will be a lot more competitive than it has been for a while. I still think Slaughtneil are best placed for the next few years to win though.

I have to laugh at the "Big Parish" nonsense from certain quarters especially from Glen/Magherafelt posters as if they're tiny!! Being a big Parish means absolutely f**k all!!

restorepride

Quote from: restorepride on December 21, 2018, 07:30:00 PM
Looks like a very long road until we will be challenging Tír Eoghain in any meaningful way.  Not to have anything approaching a primary possession/kick out strategy at this level is soul destroying for supporters, never mind players. On the plus side, McCarron has a bit of class about him and if given time could be a great addition.
X3!!!

JoG2

McCarron was excellent today, not just the 3 goals (2 nice finishes and the lob whilst on the ground which was some piece of skill), superb support and distribution. McGill, McGrogan and Dougan all very good. Sukie stretchered off, was back at the game on crutches, nothing broken apparently, good to hear. Nice to see a win

oakleaflad

Quote from: JoG2 on January 06, 2019, 06:15:36 PM
McCarron was excellent today, not just the 3 goals (2 nice finishes and the lob whilst on the ground which was some piece of skill), superb support and distribution. McGill, McGrogan and Dougan all very good. Sukie stretchered off, was back at the game on crutches, nothing broken apparently, good to hear. Nice to see a win
Great to hear. I see Shane McGuigan kicked 5 points for St.Marys today too. We've the makings of a very good team if we have a bit of patience with them.

BackInTheGame

Seems the boys played rightly yesterday, going by reports. Praise for Lynch's kickouts which is good to read (although anyone who has seen him will probably have known that anyway - I first saw him play for the convent vs St Pat's in Bellaghy last year and I couldn't believe what I was seeing).

McCarron sounds like some operator.

JoG2

Quote from: BackInTheGame on January 07, 2019, 09:13:21 AM
Seems the boys played rightly yesterday, going by reports. Praise for Lynch's kickouts which is good to read (although anyone who has seen him will probably have known that anyway - I first saw him play for the convent vs St Pat's in Bellaghy last year and I couldn't believe what I was seeing).

McCarron sounds like some operator.

Lynch was very good overall, great under the high ball, and set up a few attacks with bursting out of defence. An old head on young shoulders.

Mountain Gael

Good result yesterday and a few lads played very well.looking forward to wednesday night

club football only

Not a bad result for a div4 outfit!!!! Seriously Derry has to go through div4  undefeated anything else will be a failure!!!!

Real Talk

Delighted Derry got that win v Fermanagh.  A win is very important for Management and Players' moral ... just need to get a good solid playing structure built.   Also hope Ryan's injury is not too serious.

markl121

Need to back it up with a win tonight!

Sheugh Water

Quote from: markl121 on January 09, 2019, 04:03:41 PM

be poor showing if you cant beat a uni team

JoG2

Quote from: Sheugh Water on January 09, 2019, 04:11:01 PM

You'd hope / think so. Family do tonight so can't make Owenbeg, but we've a big athletic team out with 1 big hitter making a welcome return.

markl121

We can take little for granted these days. What is the team for tonight?

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: JoG2 on January 09, 2019, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on January 09, 2019, 04:11:01 PM

You'd hope / think so. Family do tonight so can't make Owenbeg, but we've a big athletic team out with 1 big hitter making a welcome return.

Don't do that. For a moment I thought Mark Lynch had reconsidered.

Newbridge Exile

A win is win but its hard to judge much against that Jordanstown team tonight, they were awful,