Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

He does and he will be the next Tory leader. Boris has been waiting for this moment and has all the right people around him (better people than what May has/had). Brexit is going to be delivered to the people one way or another now. I expect that us Irish are going to get screwed over big time.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnnycool on May 24, 2019, 10:42:40 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 24, 2019, 07:24:37 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 24, 2019, 06:32:51 AM
Looks like today's the day this finally consumed Theresa, her resilience was impressive at least..if nothing else. Cant imagine the torys will vote for another who tries to save them for themselves. I'd say Gove or Raab are the most likely candidates. MPs wont let boris near it but well see. Another GE is on the cards this year
She promised her party that they could have their cake and eat it too, which could never happen and she's paying the price.  She told them the UK will leave the CU but there will be no hard border, and DUP were assured there will be no Irish Sea border - if you leave the CU there has to be a border somewhere, simple.  She hadn't the nerve to face down one side or the other and now they are all eating her.

On the Peston show the other night there's real deep division in the Tory party over Boris it seems.

Rees Mogg is a fan, but you always get the notion that he's far too smart for his own good that lad and that he thinks he'll be able to pull Boris's strings in the background.
Johnny Mercer has fallen head on into the Boris cult and thinks he'll be great. Doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box.
The other Tory on was Dominic Greer and he couldn't hide his disdain for Boris.

The Tories are couped and Labour are that inept they cannot take advantage.

Exactly. They are possibly less couped than labour is the issue. If labour can not capitalise now then I don't know when they can. Boris Johnston is a prime minister is a frightening / ridiculous prospect. Sacked for lying from a paper column he has shown time and again that he has little care for speaking the truth and has little knowledge of any area he has worked in yet he is the favourite for prime minister. How it has come to this I don't know but it's ludicrous. Politics in the UK is an absolute laughing stock. Farage will probably clean up in those MEP elections too. The place is an absolute mess. I used to think it was just NI was an absolute farce but it's the whole UK.

lurganblue

A few tears there from oul Maybot.  Repeatedly thrown under the bus by her own. The poison chalice passes to another.

Sportacus

Quote from: lurganblue on May 24, 2019, 11:06:23 AM
A few tears there from oul Maybot.  Repeatedly thrown under the bus by her own. The poison chalice passes to another.
She threw herself under the bus time and again, including arrogantly calling a General Election which spectacularly backfired.

Keyser soze

I wouldn't bet too much on Boris being the next leader tbh.

TheOptimist

Quote from: Hereiam on May 24, 2019, 10:43:24 AM
He does and he will be the next Tory leader. Boris has been waiting for this moment and has all the right people around him (better people than what May has/had). Brexit is going to be delivered to the people one way or another now. I expect that us Irish are going to get screwed over big time.

I think he will wait yet. I think he doesn't want to be seen as the one creating the mess, he wants to be the one to be seen to be fixing it and there is plenty of messin to be done yet.

screenexile

Quote from: Sportacus on May 24, 2019, 11:19:43 AM
She threw herself under the bus time and again, including arrogantly calling a General Election which spectacularly backfired.

Yeah I have a degree of sympathy for her but the snap election was her downfall. . . she had a parliamentary majority of 15 and had a big lead in the polls thinking she would increase this when they totally fudged the thing and Labour made gains on her.

From there it was defeat after defeat and in truth she achieved nothing of value during her time.

On the leadership the cult of Boris could possibly win but there is usually a huge circus around these things and anything can happen. Nobody saw Teresa May coming in last time!

One thing is for sure there are some dangerous f**kers lurking about none moreso than that Dominic Raab w**ker. Half the country will be broke and the rest hugely rich if he has his way!!

Aaron Boone

Both Peston and Kuenssberg now have over 1 million Twitter followers.

Insane Bolt

In reality does it matter who gets the PM position? The only show in town is a no deal Brexit......and life will go on. I hope Jeremy Hunt gets it, IMHO he is the best of a very poor bunch......and 12/1😎

macdanger2

Quote from: screenexile on May 24, 2019, 11:31:12 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on May 24, 2019, 11:19:43 AM

Yeah I have a degree of sympathy for her but the snap election was her downfall. . . she had a parliamentary majority of 15 and had a big lead in the polls thinking she would increase this when they totally fudged the thing and Labour made gains on her.

From there it was defeat after defeat and in truth she achieved nothing of value during her time.

On the leadership the cult of Boris could possibly win but there is usually a huge circus around these things and anything can happen. Nobody saw Teresa May coming in last time!

One thing is for sure there are some dangerous f**kers lurking about none moreso than that Dominic Raab w**ker. Half the country will be broke and the rest hugely rich if he has his way!!

Tbf, the election seemed like the right call at the time, a bigger majority would have given her the chance to pass whatever deal she agreed. Obviously it backfired.

Imo, where she fell down was in basic leadership - she promised all things to all people knowing full well (presumably) that it couldn't be delivered. She failed to sell her deal (should have made a big hooha about ending free movement which had been a big referendum issue) and instead allowed her opponents to control the narrative

I can't see bojo getting enough support within the party to be elected

johnnycool

Quote from: Insane Bolt on May 24, 2019, 11:37:22 AM
In reality does it matter who gets the PM position? The only show in town is a no deal Brexit......and life will go on. I hope Jeremy Hunt gets it, IMHO he is the best of a very poor bunch......and 12/1😎

Sweet f**k, Hunt is probably the best of a very bad lot alright..

Boris the self serving Churchill wannabe
Mogg the taig doesn't seem interested in leadership, couldn't afford the paycut
Gove, another snivelling wee toad
Raab, another toff bollox who doesn't even understand how shipping from Dover to Calais works..

Jim Shannon for PM I say.

Keyser soze

I would rather have Gove than any of those others tbh seeing as there has to be someone appointed.

seafoid

Quote from: Hereiam on May 24, 2019, 10:43:24 AM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/05/24/theresa-may-resigns-brexit-latest-news-european-elections-conservative/

Tories will elect a 'Nigel Farage', claims Clarke
Ken Clarke, the Father of the Commons and former chancellor, has warned that the Conservative Party faces a "chaotic six weeks" which will prove a "harmful diversion" from the need to break the Brexit deadlock in Parliament.
Hitting out at Tory Brexiteers, Mr Clarke claimed that the European Research Group believed they could unite the party behind "the one of them that most resembles Nigel Farage".
However, he told the Today programme: "I don't think it's going to be like that."
In a thinly-veiled swipe at leadership favourite Boris Johnson, Mr Clarke said the "favourite doesn't usually win", adding: "The person that is expected to win hasn't won one of these for a very long time as far as I can recall."
Mr Clarke also predicted the Tories had failed to win more than 10 percent of the vote in yesterday's European elections poll, claiming there had been "no clear reason to vote Conservative".
"I suspect the majority of Conservative MPs did not vote Conservative yesterday," he continued.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

A terrible PM. Good riddance. Could neither lead nor drive. Triggered A50 without any plan. No charm or negotiation skills.

The reality is though that whoever replaces her will face the exact same set of problems with the same Parliamentary arithmetic and an EU negotiating team that are refusing to reopen the withdrawal agreement. Deck chairs on the Titanic springs to mind.

We're so fucked.

trileacman

Gove is the biggest **** in parliament and that's some achievement.

Hunt is the best man for the job but doesn't have the steel to whip these f**kers into line
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014