Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toby47

Quote from: Jimbop on June 15, 2020, 01:16:09 PM
Correct me if im wrong, but im fairly certain groups of 10 are allowed to train outside as long as social distancing is adhered to. Plenty of gyms doing outdoor classes. GAA grounds are closed so if a group of 10 lads want to do fitness work together at a public park then what is the problem or am i missing something?
Unless of course they were contact training? In which case that is an issue and would be wreckless behaviour.

Teams are also training on school pitches. Also not breaking any laws if they social distance

smort

Who are these teams that are training? Honest question. I haven't heard of any; I've heard lots of boys/teams saying they are very out of shape

If these teams that are training are doing nothing wrong then name them

LeoMc

Without going into who is doing what the above exchanges have got me thinking.

Currently players would not be insured if training on a GAA pitch. How does that work for public parks / school pitches, both now and in general?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Moonshine on June 15, 2020, 03:39:21 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 15, 2020, 03:18:56 PM
Quote from: Moonshine on June 15, 2020, 03:07:30 PM
Quote from: Jimbop on June 15, 2020, 02:20:20 PM
Its nothing to do with the GAA what lads do with their free time in a public park.
If anyone is training in group of more than 10, not socially distancing in a public park then its an issue for the law. Again nothing to do with the GAA.
What a clown.

Fair point if someone is training their fitness in a public park. But as mentioned by someone else above having Gaelic footballs in use and managers their would be enough evidence to suggest some form of GAA coaching was going on. Plus video and photo evidence would suggest not much social distancing.So in fact has something to do with GAA.

What is your point here Moonshine, do you just want to throw some club under the bus because you don't get a game for them or they are the team next door?

Or are you just not interested in a return to football?

If it's the former, go away. You have no point and it's irritating.

I think if you look at my original point I asked is other teams out training as I thought it wasnt allowed. My response was to someone saying they are entitled to train as a team. Which in fact by the gaa roadmap they are not. As for your comment on throwing them under a bus, honestly whether they go punished or unpunished doesnt bother me. What does is the fact we are still in the middle of a pandemic and people are trying to take shortcuts around rules which will end up us having no football and the virus growing again. Of course I'm interested in football returning as everyone is. But is it actually safe for it to return? Half high profile GAA figures are divided on that. So merely I making a point about facts and current situations if you have a problem with that cover your eyes and get someone to read you the next comment.

Teams have been training for weeks, ever since the first relaxation of lockdown and rumours began to go around that what has happened (announcing of games), could happen.

There isn't a player at any decent level I would say that hasn't been 'training' since the outbreak beit in ones and twos, maybe more. They don't have to be on a pitch with a ball to be training, home gyms have been big business over the past few months, apparently you couldn't get a racing bike for love nor money at one stage as I'm sure you've noticed on the road.

Once the GAA laid out the plans for football, including clear dates and aims. All bets were off, I'm not saying I agree with it, but I can understand People have been through a lot in the past few months, if meeting up and kicking a ball to each other gets them through it, I'm not for vilifying anyone or club for that - especially, since they know they will be playing competitive football (which comes with a much higher risk of injury, than infection) very soon. Players know they aren't insured, they have been told that by anyone who will listen.

Some clubs will behave in an appropriate manner. Some won't. Some clubs won't even know that their players are arranging further training that may or may not involve contact with managers. It's not uncommon for lads to have a bag of footballs, doesn't mean the club have given them. You seem to think that it's encouraged by clubs. I would imagine the chairman is the last person to know in these cases. The manager might not even know, players in Tyrone are very driven.

At it's very basic level, Football is exercise, what's the best way to fight a virus? Be healthy and have a good immune system. I don't know why, but not a big enough deal is made of keeping yourself fit and health #1 in the midst of this whole thing.

bogball88

When is the draw to be made for the league groupings?

PMG1

New guidelines just issued, games can be played from July 17th now so will be interesting to see how that changes things. Full contact training allowed from Monday 29th June

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: PMG1 on June 20, 2020, 03:06:34 PM
New guidelines just issued, games can be played from July 17th now so will be interesting to see how that changes things. Full contact training allowed from Monday 29th June
You would think the most sensible move would be to take one of the games from the first double weekend and bring it forward to the 25th or 26th July.

PMG1

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 20, 2020, 04:23:28 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on June 20, 2020, 03:06:34 PM
You would think the most sensible move would be to take one of the games from the first double weekend and bring it forward to the 25th or 26th July.
Yes the third game that is the Friday night game of the second week should be pulled forward but I think they have some housekeeping to get in order about what happens if teams withdraw to get sorted first.

bogball88

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bogball88 on June 20, 2020, 06:19:47 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on June 15, 2020, 05:39:47 PM
Bump

I have been told (completely take this with a pinch of salt). Not all clubs are at present willing to take part in a regional league. I don't know if it's Covid related or the proposed set up.

redzone

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 20, 2020, 08:43:29 PM
Bump

I have been told (completely take this with a pinch of salt). Not all clubs are at present willing to take part in a regional league. I don't know if it's Covid related or the proposed set up.
It's not a regional league

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: redzone on June 20, 2020, 09:48:43 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on June 20, 2020, 08:43:29 PM
Bump

It's not a regional league

x2 Groups, apologies. Regional league is being fought for by some....not so much by others for obvious reason.

Goals_Will_Come

At tonight's meeting of the County Management Committee it was decided that all Clubs should be consulted in respect of the adult football league fixtures, as previously notified.

1. It is agreed that any adult team may decide to not participate in this year's football league, in which each Division has been subdivided into two groups. In the event that a Club takes this decision prior to the draw for league's groups being made, the status of its adult team would remain as is at present i.e. the team would not be relegated. Please let me know whether your Club's adult team will be participating in this year's league, and do so on or before 4.00 pm on this Friday (28th June) 2020. 

2. The Management Committee also requires your Club's opinion on whether there should be, (a) both promotion and relegation for each of Divisions 1, 2 & 3, or, (b) if there should only be promotion from Divisions 2 & 3 and no relegation from Divisions 1 & 2. It would be greatly appreciated if you would provide your Club's choice on these two options (a) or (b). Please do so on or before 4.00pm on this Friday (28th June) 2020.

LeoMc

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on June 24, 2020, 12:12:08 PM
At tonight's meeting of the County Management Committee it was decided that all Clubs should be consulted in respect of the adult football league fixtures, as previously notified.

1. It is agreed that any adult team may decide to not participate in this year's football league, in which each Division has been subdivided into two groups. In the event that a Club takes this decision prior to the draw for league's groups being made, the status of its adult team would remain as is at present i.e. the team would not be relegated. Please let me know whether your Club's adult team will be participating in this year's league, and do so on or before 4.00 pm on this Friday (28th June) 2020.

2. The Management Committee also requires your Club's opinion on whether there should be, (a) both promotion and relegation for each of Divisions 1, 2 & 3, or, (b) if there should only be promotion from Divisions 2 & 3 and no relegation from Divisions 1 & 2. It would be greatly appreciated if you would provide your Club's choice on these two options (a) or (b). Please do so on or before 4.00pm on this Friday (28th June) 2020.

Is number 2 a first go at changing to 4 divisions? Allowing teams up but not down!

GetOverTheBar

All go for the draw tonight.....take it no club opted out in the end with relegation threat being removed?