is there a war coming?

Started by lawnseed, August 09, 2011, 06:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on September 04, 2013, 10:14:28 PM
Can you not just answer a bloody question. I think you haven't a clue seafood nor a moral bone in your body. Answer the questions and prove me wrong.
Itchy

War is only legal if :

a) it is okayed by the UN security council
b) it's in self defence

Israel has not been attacked by Syria and hasn't a hope of getting Russia and China to back a Yank attack on Syria.
This is senior hurling, Itchy.
You have to know your stuff. Otherwise you'll lose the ball very quickly.

Illegal wars are very dangerous.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Anyone that takes a cursory look in here Seafood is seeing you for what you are Seafood. A bluffer. You won't answer the questions no more than skull or Dixie because you know the answers show your position on Syria to be hypocritical in the extreme to your position on Palestine. The only thing consistent is your hatred of Israel.

You are simply a coward.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on September 04, 2013, 10:57:46 PM
Anyone that takes a cursory look in here Seafood is seeing you for what you are Seafood. A bluffer. You won't answer the questions no more than skull or Dixie because you know the answers show your position on Syria to be hypocritical in the extreme to your position on Palestine. The only thing consistent is your hatred of Israel.

You are simply a coward.
Itchy

Go to bed. You are either too tired or hungry. 

theskull1

My position from the get go is that I am completely sceptical of western powers who skilfully control the media flow in our part of the world. I'm never going to take the word of governments who've a long history of creating the excuses to get involved in armed conflicts to suit other strategic interests.

Let's see the unrefutable evidence

lawnseed

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 03, 2013, 11:12:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 03, 2013, 11:09:44 PM

America = bad
Israel = 2x bad
Assad = naughty = not as bad as Israel
Sarin gas = naughty = not as bad as Israel
Cluster bombs (Israel) = outrageous = 50xSarin gas

Sounds like it would have been better if Hitler had succeeded.

Disgusting post
yes he forgot about phosphorous bombs used by Israel. I don't know whether they are bad or good now.. so confusing couldn't somebody just invade somebody so we'd know who the baddies were... :-\
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on September 04, 2013, 11:09:04 PM

You are simply a coward.
Itchy

I took your advice and went to bed but when I got up I see you still won't answer to attempt to answer one of simple questions I put to you. Sleep or no sleep you are still an empty vessel and a coward.

Itchy

Quote from: theskull1 on September 04, 2013, 11:13:59 PM
My position from the get go is that I am completely sceptical of western powers who skilfully control the media flow in our part of the world. I'm never going to take the word of governments who've a long history of creating the excuses to get involved in armed conflicts to suit other strategic interests.

Let's see the unrefutable evidence

How can there be such evidence when you won't believe anything except al Jazeera? Where would this evidence come from and if you got it would it make any difference to whether the west should intervene?

theskull1

Itchy...you have the argumentation technique of a blood thirsty deranged idiot....no offence

That first sentence there is so incomprehendible its hard to believe.

We've got to the point now that "evidence" is meaningless have we? Very biblical  :-\

The answer to your second sentence is the UN weapons inspectors.

Only a fool would not see that my position is a very valid position to take. Two wrongs do not make a right. This is an ugly ugly conflict with power brokers looking after their vested interests ... I believe none if them at their word

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on September 05, 2013, 07:13:48 AM

You are simply a coward.
Itchy

I took your advice and went to bed but when I got up I see you still won't answer to attempt to answer one of simple questions I put to you. Sleep or no sleep you are still an empty vessel and a coward.

Have some hot milk, Itchy.

Most Americans don't want another Middle East war. They are the ones who send the soldiers and there's one veteran suicide per day.
Here's the New York Times. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/05/world/middleeast/obama-faces-barrier-in-his-own-party-on-syria.html?hp&_r=0

Many of the president's core supporters, especially African-Americans and members of the Democratic Party's liberal wing who voted repeatedly against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, are expressing the deepest reservations. With rank-and-file House Republicans showing little inclination to back Mr. Obama on an issue on which he has staked his political credibility, scores of Democratic votes will be needed if a resolution authorizing force against Syria is to pass the House.

Democrats say they are being confronted with a difficult choice: Go against the wishes of a president who is popular and well respected in their caucus, or defy voters back home who are overwhelmingly opposed to another United States military intervention overseas.

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2013, 08:42:04 AM
Quote from: Itchy on September 05, 2013, 07:13:48 AM

You are simply a coward.
Itchy

Have some hot milk, Itchy.

Most Americans don't want another Middle East war. They are the ones who send the soldiers and there's one veteran suicide per day.
Here's the New York Times. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/05/world/middleeast/obama-faces-barrier-in-his-own-party-on-syria.html?hp&_r=0

Many of the president's core supporters, especially African-Americans and members of the Democratic Party's liberal wing who voted repeatedly against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, are expressing the deepest reservations. With rank-and-file House Republicans showing little inclination to back Mr. Obama on an issue on which he has staked his political credibility, scores of Democratic votes will be needed if a resolution authorizing force against Syria is to pass the House.

Democrats say they are being confronted with a difficult choice: Go against the wishes of a president who is popular and well respected in their caucus, or defy voters back home who are overwhelmingly opposed to another United States military intervention overseas.

Obama won't put troops on the ground in Syria, just 'strategic' 'surgical' strikes via drones or fly overs where the loss of American lives will be minimal. They'll bring down Assad alright and then leave the place in a sectarian blood bath (which it probably already is) with thousands getting slaughtered either way with conventional weapons provided by either the Russians or French and British depending on what side of the conflict your on.
The TV cameras will stop rolling in Syria just like the have in Libya and Iraq and shortly in Afghanistan when the US and Brits pull out to leave the Taliban to it.
It'll be just another mess where the innocents get slaughtered to appease some outside brokers interests in the region..
And we wonder why there's so many Muslims 'terrorists'?

give her dixie

Some poetry for you Itchy....

The Unknown by Donald Rumsfeld

As we know, There are known knowns
There are things we know we know.
We also know There are known unknowns.
That is to say We know there are some things We do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns,
The ones we don't know We don't know.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on September 05, 2013, 09:59:34 AM

Itchy reminds me of Jedward's X factor audition.

Not very good and incredibly annoying
but something intriguing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwW_DYmxEw

He wants to  understand the Middle East
He definitely has the potential

Hardy

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2013, 11:04:51 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on September 05, 2013, 09:59:34 AM

Itchy reminds me of Jedward's X factor audition.

Not very good and incredibly annoying
but something intriguing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwW_DYmxEw

He wants to  understand the Middle East
He definitely has the potential

Perhaps you could help him understand, then. He has asked a number of questions. That's usually how people arrive at an understanding. Here are just two from his selection:

- How should the international community act on Syria in the short term (I.e now) to stop people being gassed to death or should they not act at all?
- Would you support a unilateral intervention on behalf of Palestine by a western power?

These seem reasonable to me in the context that Assad is murdering his people, the opposition is an unholy alliance of all types from the moderate to the lunatics and the UN is unable to act because of Russia's veto. I haven't come to an opinion myself. I'd be interested in your opinion as someone who has spent time in the Middle east and probably has a better understanding of it than myself (or Itchy).

Itchy

Don't think Seafood or the boys answer questions Hardy, maybe they will for you but for me they are as evasive as Fine Fail politicians.