is there a war coming?

Started by lawnseed, August 09, 2011, 06:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

had to go to the barbers today (it didnt take long ::)) but while i was there several old codgers were in for thier daily gossip and read of the papers. all are predicting a war. i asked them who was gonna fight who they didnt go into specifics but they are convinced a major conflict isnt far away. my mother whos slightly over 21 as well agrees. whats going on have i missed something.. or is this just the way old people get on?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on August 09, 2011, 06:17:29 PM
had to go to the barbers today (it didnt take long ::)) but while i was there several old codgers were in for thier daily gossip and read of the papers. all are predicting a war. i asked them who was gonna fight who they didnt go into specifics but they are convinced a major conflict isnt far away. my mother whos slightly over 21 as well agrees. whats going on have i missed something.. or is this just the way old people get on?

Sure they probably think its 1938.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 09, 2011, 06:19:20 PM

thats my mother your talking about :D
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on August 09, 2011, 06:20:34 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 09, 2011, 06:19:20 PM

Ooooppps  :-[
thats my mother your talking about :D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tony Baloney

If it blew a gale up at home my granny thought it was the end of the world. WWIII was never too far away. It must be an age/generational thing.

thejuice

Gerald Celente has been predicting a major war within the next few years.  he's never that far off the mark.

There is a lot of tension between the USA and China at the moment and a lot of  tactical military maneuvers going on between them in the East and South China Sea that you don't see reported but it is on going.

The economic relations with China and the USA are causing a lot of the tension but the Seas around China are crucial for it to import oil and gas and the USA essentially control those waters.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Aerlik

The USA is up to its eyes in debt to china.  Chinese loans have kept the seppos afloat for a number of years now.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

LostInSpace

Thats usually why the US start a war, when someone else is getting too big for their boots or they have something they want.  Its like in the Soprano's, when you owe someone loads of money, its the easy option jus to make them dissapear  :D

Mayo4Sam

Good luck to them making the reds disappear!

In seriousness US is completely reliant on the Chinese and needs to develop industrial ties not start a war. Also the Chinese are paying over the odds for a lot of African oil fields, again the Americans will need them for those.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

As far as I m aware we are in a war. It s nearly ten years now since 9/11 which was a flashpoint in a struggle that has been going on for over 1000 years. Tactics and technology have changed but it is the same war. A lot of people have died in Iraq ( and there were no weapons of mass destruction - and more people have died horribly there since than under the despot Saddan H), Afgan. Madrid, and London etc since, as part of the same war.
The thing is that some people think a war is like Clontarf, Hastings or Boyne where things are resolved in hours and the winners are home for their tea. Or maybe the Battle of Britain, dogfights and stuff, Stiff upper lip and all that. Which was a very different war than had been fought before. WWI was unique as well where there was a savage clash of old tactics v new technology. It s a bit ironic that 9/11 is labelled 'terrorism' when civilians were targeted in towns/cities in Spain, China, Britain, Germany, France, Holland, Japan, Plillipines, Poland etc 60-70 yrs ago. Terror and targeting civilians was a tactic then and had been for ever really but not on such a planned and industrial scale as was seen in Manchuria and Spain in the 30's and since. Don t for a minute doubt that Japanese Kamaikaze pilots would have baulked flying into the Empire State if they had the range to do so. Suicide bombing is just another tactic and as legit as any other. The first rule of war since chivalry is that there are no rules. So 9/11 was as legit as Hiroshima London, or Dresden or Guernica.
There are some serious local wars ongoing and that has been normal. Over 100m people died in conflicts in the 20th C. The 2 big wars maybe accounted for over half of that but there was a lot of killing besides. And that does not include massive loss of life as a result of famine/disease as a result of war, or some tyrants warped vision of his country s future. Think Pot or Mao, whose latter's Cultural Revolution/ Great Leap Forward probably caused as many deaths of his own people as WWII did.

Anyway the events of the last few days in London/Manchester etc have shown that you dont have too look to far to get a war.  We don t need to concern ourselves with US v China. At best, in Ireland as well, the police and the courts, just about keep a lid on things. The 'success' of these riots will only encourage more of the same. There is no way that those massive numbers of police can be deployed on the streets long term. A lot of people with f**k all to lose have discovered a little sweet shop for themselves. I m surprised there hasn t been a few copycat incidents over here. Of course our underbelly do better social welfare so why bother? Then of course as well if you riot over here, even in Summer, you can get wet with all the rain, so its not worth it. But it could get interesting yet when the cuts start to bite harder and the unthinkable might happen, and welfare might be cut.

ExcellentDriver

Don't forget, the Obama Administration is siding with Argentina over the Falklands (buoyed, of course, by the discovery of Oil in British Sea Territory).

Zionism will continue to set the Christian and Islamic Worlds apart by;

1. Overhyping Islamic Militancy.

2. Allowing Mass Immigration from Islamic Countries into Western Europe.

3. Convincing US Christians that this is a 'Holy War' and that Israel is a 'Kingdom of God'.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Mayo4Sam

Moysider its not often I'd say it but excellent post
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ExcellentDriver on August 10, 2011, 04:20:37 PM
the Obama Administration is siding with Argentina over the Falklands (buoyed, of course, by the discovery of Oil in British Sea Territory).

Is that sarcasm or do you have a source?

thejuice

I'm sorry Moysider, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but this struggle that we have been fighting for over a 1000 years is between who and over what? Is it the ruling class against their subjects or are you saying perpetual war is just a human condition?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016